Sept 2021 Med Grand Cruise

Sued

I have been unable to find any information on changes in entry requirements for Italy.  It was rumored that they would require a negative test in addition to the vaccine proof.  There was one reference on a website that I'm not familiar with.  We've made an appt. for a same day results PCR test on Sat. morning just in case.  Silversea is unable to respond to our TA's questions but hopefully they'll be back in the loop tomorrow.  Challenging times for all.  Has anyone received any information?

On 8/18/2021 at 2:27 PM, Sued said:

Have been reading conflicting info regarding supply of face masks.  I thought at one point pax were asked to wear the SS supplied masks only….but when we asked out TA to confirm with SS, she said they are not providing them.  any one else have definitive info on this?  
we have no problem using our own, but want to I sure we bring enough supply.

I just got off The Muse and wore my own masks and it was never an issue. I have a black one with sparkles on it that I wore for evenings (Thank you Spins😃).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nowornever said:

I have been unable to find any information on changes in entry requirements for Italy.  It was rumored that they would require a negative test in addition to the vaccine proof.  There was one reference on a website that I'm not familiar with.  We've made an appt. for a same day results PCR test on Sat. morning just in case.  Silversea is unable to respond to our TA's questions but hopefully they'll be back in the loop tomorrow.  Challenging times for all.  Has anyone received any information?

Italy just relaxed their entry requirements for Brits, so I don't think they're about to make it harder for anybody else.

22 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Italy just relaxed their entry requirements for Brits, so I don't think they're about to make it harder for anybody else.

Looks like they did just that.  I hope our promised same day test on Sat. will indeed be same day

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2021/08/31/italy-travel-country-tightens-entry-requirements-us-tourists/5667008001/

6 minutes ago, nowornever said:

Looks like they did just that.  I hope our promised same day test on Sat. will indeed be same day

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2021/08/31/italy-travel-country-tightens-entry-requirements-us-tourists/5667008001/

The requirement for Brits that they relaxed was 5 day quarantine even if vaxxed.  This is only for un-vaxxed Americans.  Vaxxed have to take some extra tests, but we already faced that going to LHR.  This is so much better than what the initial reports implied.  😀