Medallion App Instructions For Apple Devices

Daniel A

The old thread with 68 pages contains so much outdated information, I thought it might be best to start a new thread on how to download and use the Medallion Class App on an Apple device.  I am also going to start another thread with the instructions for an Android device such as a Samsung tablet or phone.

If you are very knowledgeable in IT, your tutorials will be much appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Daniel A changed the title to Medallion App Instructions For Apple Devices

I own an iPhone X.  I have 90% of Medallion Class app working. There were many trials and tribulations.

I have called 844-564-5704.

I have called 800-Princess

I have done the "live chat"

I have spoken directly with an OCEAN Navigator.  (most times rep will text OCEAN Navigator and report back)

Yet to be assessed is an email I have into:  askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

(reply was sent with A360ad7@carnival.com)

Hope this will be able to help someone.  I sent them back all the issues I am having with the Medallion Class App on Sunday.  Have not heard back yet.

This is indeed an active email account, operated by the MedallionClass Support Team.
Happy to assist with any inquiry you might have. 
Please reply with a few additional details so we can get a better understanding of your needs.

Full Name on Reservation:
  Date of Birth: 
  Booking Number:
  Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app:
  Operating System on Device:
  Specific issues experienced:

Armed with this information we'll be better equipped to assist you.
Kind regards,

MedallionClass Support Team

• Thanks 2

I can get Medalion to work on my iPad 4 but not fully on my iPhone 7. For some reason I get different information on both of these. I get asked a return airport in case of emergency return on my phone but not iPad. On iPad I can take pics but not on my iPhone.  

33 minutes ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I can get Medalion to work on my iPad 4 but not fully on my iPhone 7. For some reason I get different information on both of these. I get asked a return airport in case of emergency return on my phone but not iPad. On iPad I can take pics but not on my iPhone.  

Check your operating systems for both and make sure they are fully updated.

The compatibility for the App is 13.0 or later, if you have an older operating system on either that could explain why it's not fully compatible.

***Also make sure you have the latest version of the App on both 3.1.4

Edited by Jadn13

Yesterday, I broke down and replaced DW's iPad mini 3 with a brand new iPad mini 5.  I updated the operating system and it is now ios 14+.  I downloaded the latest version of MC app from the app store and it won't let me enter by booking number so it stops at me being logged in with my out of date previous information from 2019.

I sent an e-mail to the address suggested by @cr8tiv1 with the information requested in that post.  I'll let you know how I make out.

• Like 2

Oh  no, I have an iPad mini 5 waiting for me to activate.  Not encouraging.  Purposely did not upload to my current iPad Air since it is too old.  Waiting to hear what your resolution is.

Thank you @DanielA for separating the two devices.  Either more people have Androids or less people have trouble with iPhones....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Oh  no, I have an iPad mini 5 waiting for me to activate.  Not encouraging.  Purposely did not upload to my current iPad Air since it is too old.  Waiting to hear what your resolution is.

Thank you @DanielA for separating the two devices.  Either more people have Androids or less people have trouble with iPhones....

The app opens up for me now, it just doesn't import over my booking number to open my booking.  I had seen before where people at Princess were able to manually port over the booking number data which is what I'm hoping for.  If I were you, I'd give it a try as it seems some experienced this issue and others didn't.  (I'm going out today to buy an Android tablet as well, kind of like wearing a belt and suspenders at the same time.  😄)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have an iPhone 8s and have latest updates for phone and the app.  Up till a few days ago, pictures of DH and myself were shown on the Ocean Ready Profile page for all our cruises and also on all other pages in the app.   We had the green lane for all cruises  and all but #4 and 5 were checked for each cruise..   Now  my phone only shows my picture under Ocean Ready Profile and all the other pages - i.e. passport etc.  This is either using a booking number or Princess log in data to open the app.  I opened the app on my husband's phone and everything shows as if he was a solo cruiser too. Is it possible to get his picture/info back to my phone to show that we are cruising together?   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Have an iPhone 8s and have latest updates for phone and the app.  Up till a few days ago, pictures of DH and myself were shown on the Ocean Ready Profile page for all our cruises and also on all other pages in the app.   We had the green lane for all cruises  and all but #4 and 5 were checked for each cruise..   Now  my phone only shows my picture under Ocean Ready Profile and all the other pages - i.e. passport etc.  This is either using a booking number or Princess log in data to open the app.  I opened the app on my husband's phone and everything shows as if he was a solo cruiser too. Is it possible to get his picture/info back to my phone to show that we are cruising together?   

This is a known issue for several users (maybe all?).  One person had the medallion help desk get it back and now it’s gone again.  If your cruise isn’t for a while I would just wait until more updates happen. Until it’s fixed the workaround is to log on separately for each of you to put in your information. 

Your husband should still be listed as a travel companion in that section of the app.  They know you are together. 

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

This is a known issue for several users (maybe all?).  One person had the medallion help desk get it back and now it’s gone again.  If your cruise isn’t for a while I would just wait until more updates happen. Until it’s fixed the workaround is to log on separately for each of you to put in your information. 

Your husband should still be listed as a travel companion in that section of the app.  They know you are together. 

Yes he is as well as 4 others in our group.  The worst problem I have is that Princess has our 12 - 19 Dec Caribbean Princess and 20 - 30 Dec Enchanted Princess listed in the app as a back to back.  I was told to wait until a system update in Aug ??? takes place and hope that it updates the cruises correctly.

• Like 1

We are trying to reserve dining for our November 3 TA on Regal but keep getting the not available yet reply. The weird thing is we booked dining for our October 23 and October 30 cruises on Regal before the TA. We have also booked dining for our cruise in January and our b2b in March. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, t&atravel said:
31 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Previously I was able to get it fixed by calling Support and now it has reverted as stated above - This is widespread problem, has to be a Data mix up over the weekend. I am going to tie a knot and hang on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tillys mom said:

We are trying to reserve dining for our November 3 TA on Regal but keep getting the not available yet reply. The weird thing is we booked dining for our October 23 and October 30 cruises on Regal before the TA. We have also booked dining for our cruise in January and our b2b in March. Any suggestions?

I had dining issues that were recently worked out with the new App update.  Double check that you are using the latest version. 

I would also double check all the dining days individually. I had requested a dining time and table for my entire sailing and it assigned me what I requested for the first day only and an entirely different table selection for each day following.  

Worth double checking

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies- I updated app on all new enough devices and tried booking both individual and full cruise nights. Since that didn’t work despite checking every day for several weeks and updating repeatedly, I am hoping someone can help. Is it worth calling Princess? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tillys mom said:

Thanks for the replies- I updated app on all new enough devices and tried booking both individual and full cruise nights. Since that didn’t work despite checking every day for several weeks and updating repeatedly, I am hoping someone can help. Is it worth calling Princess? 

You might want to post this on the dine my way thread also, as this issue is not Apple specific. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Check your operating systems for both and make sure they are fully updated.

The compatibility for the App is 13.0 or later, if you have an older operating system on either that could explain why it's not fully compatible.

***Also make sure you have the latest version of the App on both 3.1.4

How do I check the app version?

10 minutes ago, seeyouinthesun said:

How do I check the app version?

In the app store.  Version should be 3.1.4 (middle right) and if you are up to date the blue selection button will be “open” not “update” F6938A8F-5505-4D6C-AE22-82B06F316C21.thumb.png.357f4c7d9be9244f38fdb186d39e27ed.png

9 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

In the app store.  Version should be 3.1.4 (middle right) and if you are up to date the blue selection button will be “open” not “update” F6938A8F-5505-4D6C-AE22-82B06F316C21.thumb.png.357f4c7d9be9244f38fdb186d39e27ed.png

Thanks, 3.1.4 is what I have. Both my iPhone and iPad have 14.7.1. 

Edited by seeyouinthesun

Okay, this is "encouraging".  I heard back on my email to tech support.  Much less stressful than being on hold.

I've cut and pasted the generic replies.  

The most important thing for you to know is that there is no need to stress or be concerned. We will iron out these minor wrinkles and take very good care of you.

For your most pressing item regarding embarkation times, because our teams are still coordinating with ports ships will soon be embarking from about embarkation and disembarkation times (an outgrowth of restarting), those times are not yet available. We wish we could give you an idea of when they might become available, but we just don’t have that insight as of yet. Feel free to check the app a couple times per week. It shouldn’t be a problem to get an early one once they become available.

Finally, yes, one of the benefits of MedallionClass is that by providing all of your details now, your profile will be well established and applied to future voyages as well.

Pls understand that we currently are prioritizing support by sail date but rest assured we’ll get this resolved and get back to you as quickly as we can.

Kind regards,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Okay, this is "encouraging".  I heard back on my email to tech support.  Much less stressful than being on hold.

I've cut and pasted the generic replies.  

We will iron out these minor wrinkles and take very good care of you.

Yes encouraging and understandable that they are working by Sail Date, presumptuous to say 'minor wrinkles' !

Also, I, like many, have just taken a big step backwards. lots of previously checked information is now missing and items recently fixed have reverted to not working and I DID NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES ! What worked a few days ago no longer works - this is not minor !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Either more people have Androids or less people have trouble with iPhones....

It's much more likely that an up-to-date OS will be available for an older iPhone than for an older Android phone - in the former case, it's fully controlled by Apple, whereas for Android, there are over a dozen different manufacturers, who provide highly varying levels of support for OS updates. It looks like less than 20% of iPhones are still running iOS 12 or below, while close to 40% of Android phones are running Android 7 or below.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, Daniel A said:

Yesterday, I broke down and replaced DW's iPad mini 3 with a brand new iPad mini 5.  I updated the operating system and it is now ios 14+.  I downloaded the latest version of MC app from the app store and it won't let me enter by booking number so it stops at me being logged in with my out of date previous information from 2019.

I sent an e-mail to the address suggested by @cr8tiv1 with the information requested in that post.  I'll let you know how I make out.

Here is the response I received from Princess:

"Good day, Daniel.
Thank you for your email and the detailed information you provided.
We apologize for the challenge you've been experiencing and are eager to help you get OceanReady.

Your info has been passed along to our team who will take a closer look to
identify what might be causing this issue.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate. Please note we are
prioritizing support by sail date.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Center:
US 844/525-0942 (Mon-Fri) or 1-800/774-6237 (Weekends)
UK 0344 338 8660 "

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Here is the response I received from Princess:

"Good day, Daniel.
Thank you for your email and the detailed information you provided.
We apologize for the challenge you've been experiencing and are eager to help you get OceanReady.

Your info has been passed along to our team who will take a closer look to
identify what might be causing this issue.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate. Please note we are
prioritizing support by sail date.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Center:
US 844/525-0942 (Mon-Fri) or 1-800/774-6237 (Weekends)
UK 0344 338 8660 "

Yup, that sounds similar to the email I received.  I wonder how many levels there are?  Gee, one for the Princess Rep that answers your call, who texts an Ocean Navigator,  (maybe one and the same when you live chat), one that takes escalated issues.  But none make it to Jan Swartz and the other head executives.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I’ve got the latest version of the app but when I try to “Add required documents for travel” I get an error stating “There was an error getting travel document recommendations. Please try again alter”. Any suggestions please? Due to go on 14th August. iPhone 12 or iPad Air 4, all up to date.

Edited by DevonBay