LIVE - Independence simulation cruise 8/1

vplsh

19 hours ago, vplsh said:

Welcome to Cozumel!! We were able to book our own excursions so we have headed to Nachi Cocum for the day. Masks are required everywhere in Cozumel and the taxis had us use hand sanitizer before getting in. Here at Nachi we had our temperature taken and wore our mask until we got our chairs. There are only 13 people here today, and if you’ve ever been to Nachi you can imagine how wonderful that is. Adventure is in port with us. 

Last night we had dinner in the mdr and went to the ice show ( an every person event so masks required) then to the show in the theater. 
Tonight is dinner in the mdr again then another headliner show. 
Still haven’t made it to the diamond lounge but definitely will tonight. 

D349566D-8B68-4B3B-978C-56B30EC9FDF7.jpeg

WOW....only 13 at Nachi!!!  How great would that be.  Hope it's the same for us in a few weeks!

11 hours ago, SanctuarySailing said:

If you are changing venues on the ship, do you need to wear a mask?

My husband is allergic to Purell so we will be bringing alcohol based hand sanitizer with us.  Do you think this will be a problem?

So glad you are having a great time!

Yes, any time you are out in public you need to wear a mask. I’m not sure how they will react to your bringing your own hand sanitizer but I’d make sure you show it to them at the sanitizer station so they see you using it. 

• Like 1

Any chance you could take a few photos of the liquor (whiskey) for sale in the ship store?  Kind of curious if they still have blantons for sale on board….it’s where I usually stock up for around msrp since a bottle in St. Louis is hard to find and if you do find it the liquor stores want 200+ dollars a bottle.  

1 hour ago, vplsh said:

Yes, any time you are out in public you need to wear a mask. I’m not sure how they will react to your bringing your own hand sanitizer but I’d make sure you show it to them at the sanitizer station so they see you using it. 

How is the pool area with lounge chairs. I saw a viedo of the test cruise on the Oasis and it

didn"t look like there was a lot of chairs..Looked like 2 chairs every 6 feet..Not many..

1 hour ago, vplsh said:

Vplsh - is it okay if I post more photos on your thread?

1 hour ago, vplsh said:

Vplsh - is it okay if I post more photos on your thread?

Edited by lovelife
Delete

Thank you for update regarding the masks....

If you are outside by the pool and socially distancing on a lounger can you take the mask off?

My husband is considering canceling this trip (8/15) if he can only have the mask off at the dinner table and in the cabin.

Can you expand on the mask usage?

I greatly appreciate your feedback!

9 hours ago, bobmarychris said:

How is the pool area with lounge chairs. I saw a viedo of the test cruise on the Oasis and it

didn"t look like there was a lot of chairs..Looked like 2 chairs every 6 feet..Not many..

Around the pool they have removed some chairs but there are still plenty. In the solarium, a vaccinated only venue, all the chairs are the same as they’ve always been. 

4 hours ago, SanctuarySailing said:

Thank you for update regarding the masks....

If you are outside by the pool and socially distancing on a lounger can you take the mask off?

My husband is considering canceling this trip (8/15) if he can only have the mask off at the dinner table and in the cabin.

Can you expand on the mask usage?

I greatly appreciate your feedback!

Ok, so the only places you have to wear a mask are when moving around inside and in elevators and hallways. If you are at an event marked V for vaccinated only, you can go maskless. The same goes for outside, either around the pool seated or walking around. If you are at an event marked E for everyone, you must keep your mask on. If you’re sitting in the promenade, which I am now, you wear a mask unless you’re eating. 

10 hours ago, dominicr said:

Any chance you could take a few photos of the liquor (whiskey) for sale in the ship store?  Kind of curious if they still have blantons for sale on board….it’s where I usually stock up for around msrp since a bottle in St. Louis is hard to find and if you do find it the liquor stores want 200+ dollars a bottle.  

Here you go…

EDAF08B2-FDF9-42FE-9E4F-942F047A0216.jpeg

8CA48690-F40D-4857-A935-7F31B25FC407.jpeg

36B7D501-2667-4758-97EC-33618E5A1410.jpeg

• Like 1

Is there any music on this cruise. Like in the Schooner Bar, Olive or Twist, Viking Crown Lounge,or Boleros?or the Disco. Cant wait to get on in 11 days. Last night we got the boot off our sept 26 cruise on the liberty, but we are still on oct 3.

7 minutes ago, trippintex said:

Is there any music on this cruise. Like in the Schooner Bar, Olive or Twist, Viking Crown Lounge,or Boleros?or the Disco. Cant wait to get on in 11 days. Last night we got the boot off our sept 26 cruise on the liberty, but we are still on oct 3.

There has been lots of music.

Poolside Caribbean, Latin, pub vocalist, piano sing-a-long, jazz duo, and I think a DJ plays in Viking Crown. My favorite was The Band Dealers, but I love rock.