Royal Caribbean Coastal Cruises

Just now, Chiliburn said:

$300 each for the balcony 

‘Booze package $100 

‘internet $25

a night in specialty dining $80

I might have to sell a kidney.

$100 per night for the booze package! Jeez! That's expensive.

The Princess Plus package is around $40 per night for all drinks and internet. 

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

$100 per night for the booze package! Jeez! That's expensive.

The Princess Plus package is around $40 per night for all drinks and internet. 

I have seen the booze package for$125.

They are not a charity and they will have to make up for the losses.

Julie what is the alternative?

Waving good bye to the ship at circular quay with benjo and his bloated buffet stomach.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I have seen the booze package for$125.

They are not a charity and they will have to make up for the losses.

Julie what is the alternative?

Waving good bye to the ship at circular quay with benjo and his bloated buffet stomach.

I'm waiting for Princess to reschedule its NZ cruises. 😊 If I could jump on a domestic  Christmas cruise I'd be very happy. 

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm waiting for Princess to reschedule its NZ cruises. 😊 If I could jump on a domestic  Christmas cruise I'd be very happy. 

I don’t know about Princess Julie?

I think they may be on the nose a bit with our government after Ruby.

Its just a feeling I have,at least in the short term.

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well I decided to book it anyway!

It's currently a 13 night NZ Christmas / New Year Cruise. If that goes ahead then great, but I doubt it will. If they change the itinerary to a domestic port only itinerary then that's great also and that would have a better chance of happening than an NZ one. If it doesn't happen at all then we'll get our FCCs back again so nothing lost except another cruise dream and I can live with that. Final payment isn't until 6th October and by then we should know what is happening. 

We've taken the opportunity to book a Club Class Mini-suite as we've always wanted to try one of those. That gives us access to the special section of the MDR reserved for suites and club class minis.

$378pp per night including drinks package, internet, OBC and a speciality restaurant meal. Not too bad for mini-suite these days.

It's a win / no lose situation. ☺️

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

50 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You will escape completly and come back new , chilli.

th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not these days, at ye olde buffet the servers load it on, you just come back half fat, lol.

It's not the buffet that makes me fat. It's the two course breakfasts, three course lunches, and three or four course dinners in the MDR, plus afternoon teas in the Sanctuary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not the buffet that makes me fat. It's the two course breakfasts, three course lunches, and three or four course dinners in the MDR, plus afternoon teas in the Sanctuary.

Plus morning tea in the International Cafe and a pre bed cabin service snack, lol.

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Plus morning tea in the International Cafe and a pre bed cabin service snack, lol.

Nah, just an extra coffee in the morning, and no evening snacks as we're usually too full from dinner. We tend to eat fairly late on cruises.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

8 hours ago, lesands77 said:

Yep that was just a chunk of the cancellation email. I actually just spent an hour on the phone to them to lift and shift to next November on Radiance. I’d still consider a coastal cruise early next year but I’m not optimistic about it actually happening!

Here’s the lift and shift options they sent….

3F8771AD-3CD0-4435-BDD1-339CDF7288EA.jpeg

We are booked 🤣🤪, on Serenade OTS repo to Singapore Feb 2022 they forgot🙄 to add it to the list😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Too expensive.

It now makes sense.  I received notification today that my 6 night cruise Sydney to Tassie and return via Eden due for sailing 22 Feb 2022, was cancelled.  My deal on that cruise covered 3 persons in cabin at $115 each per night.  And then in the same email it was stated that a "New" list of local sailings was being offered covering local cruises during the same time my cruise was cancelled.  Of course, the new cruises will be charged at a hugely inflated daily rate.  If they were honest about the "cancellation" of my cruise they would have just transferred my booking over to the newly offered cruise.  Very sneeky of them.

2 minutes ago, CCC's said:

It now makes sense.  I received notification today that my 6 night cruise Sydney to Tassie and return via Eden due for sailing 22 Feb 2022, was cancelled.  My deal on that cruise covered 3 persons in cabin at $115 each per night.  And then in the same email it was stated that a "New" list of local sailings was being offered covering local cruises during the same time my cruise was cancelled.  Of course, the new cruises will be charged at a hugely inflated daily rate.  If they were honest about the "cancellation" of my cruise they would have just transferred my booking over to the newly offered cruise.  Very sneeky of them.

That's a bit rude of them but can you take advantage of a lift and shift offer preserving the original fare?

57 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

We are booked 🤣🤪, on Serenade OTS repo to Singapore Feb 2022 they forgot🙄 to add it to the list😂😂😂😂😂

Oh no! I’d suggest calling them but I was on hold for almost an hour today 🤯

12 minutes ago, lesands77 said:

Oh no! I’d suggest calling them but I was on hold for almost an hour today 🤯

…..that  is so not happening😜😜 might  fb msg them a “please explain” 😆😆😆 not expecting any answer they probably have no idea what’s going on.. I guess we can wait 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

I thought that would happen and it’s just the start of price gouging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's a bit rude of them but can you take advantage of a lift and shift offer preserving the original fare?

Yes, that is an option.  But the cruise offered will be in March 2023 which is more than 1-1/2 yrs away.  So much can happen in that time.  But I will probably have to suck it up and go with their Lift & Shift offer.

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Not if those cougars get hold of us uncle Les.

Does Princess have a prey room you can get a bit of spiritual confidence when things get to much?

Just pay a bit extra and come and hide up in the Sanctuary with us. It's nice and quiet up there, especially on Aussie cruises.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Those martini and champagne bars are a place to stay away from.

It depends on the ship. Atrium Bar on the Royal Class ships, Wheelhouse Bar on the rest. Crooners is the place to go for martinis but it's a bit too laid back for the cougars. 🤣

23 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well, I phoned them this morning 8am and asked for a Lift and Shift from 22 Feb 2022 to 3 March 2023 on Ovation OTS.  Same cabin on Sydney to Tassie local cruise.  However, original cruise was for 6 days and my new one in March 2023 will be for 8 days and goes to Tassie and Adelaide.  And here is the sweetener, I will not be paying for the extra 2 days.  Same fare as original booking.  I am very happy with that deal and I get the extra destination of Adelaide thrown in.  I know it is more than 1-1/2 years away, but under the current circumstances, I will take what I can get.

• Like 2