Carnival now requiring masks & tests (no different than Royal protocols now)

jrapps

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was reading on carnival threads that on horizon and vista noone was enforcing the mask rule for the unvaxxed kids, so that's not good for them either.  That along with the fact they have been sailing at 75 or 80% capacity on recent sailings with no social distancing.  They were asking for problems.

Now some of their passengers are getting home and testing positive. 

Grant it they were vaccinated but doesnt help stopping the spread with traveling home and going back to work, etc etc.

I wouldnt assume rcl isnt having some cases as well. This whole think stinks. 

We know there are cases onboard vista and masking went into effect. Someone didnt like john saying in tight quarters. Someone aboard vista, here is what the captain said where masks should be worn. ..more specific. I think the policy probably still being tweaked. Came rather suddenly like the rcl policy.

20210805_074604292.jpeg

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wouldnt assume rcl isnt having some cases as well. This whole think stinks. 

We know there are cases onboard vista and masking went into effect. Someone didnt like john saying in tight quarters. Someone aboard vista, here is what the captain said where masks should be worn. ..more specific. I think the policy probably still being tweaked. Came rather suddenly like the rcl policy.

20210805_074604292.jpeg

yes, of course each and every cruise line that is operating anywhere in the world has had and will continue to have covid onboard.    It's Unavoidable.     Just look at how many ships sailing with passengers are in code yellow right now, whether it is passengers or crew they have covid onboard.  

Just the difference is how the cruise line handles it.      Carnival seems to prefer the "hush hush" method and definitely does not treat their covid positive passengers as kindly as Royal does.  

perfect example is the woman that started the thread on CC and her family that were taken to a hotel in Houston by Carnival.

They haven't even checked in to see how they are doing and the fact they gave a list of hotels for selection with wrong phone numbers and hotels that cannot even provide basic services, such as food shouldn't even be on the list for someone to quarantine at.   

As you said, it all Stinks!    There are ways for everyone to cruise safely, just not how Carnival was doing it and unfortunately it took a couple dozen covid + people (from horizon and vista current and past sailings) to learn this.