Vaccine Record Question

Question for any that may have run into this already. My wife's CDC vaccine record has the name that is on her insurance, for example, Jane Doe. However, her married name and the name on her passport and on the RCCL booking is Jane Doe Smith. Smith being her married, hyphenated name. Obviously the date of births match but the name on the CDC card does not have Smith listed on it. On the RCCL FAQ it states in part, The Proof of Vaccination must include the name of the vaccinated person matching the registered cruise guest with date of birth (DoB).

My question is this, do you think this will be an issue on embarkation day? Has anyone run into this particular issue?

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

It won't be an issue.

Thanks, planning on bringing her old passport that shows her maiden name along with the new one just in case. 

Edited by Blauelini
  • Like 2

I work for a drug store chain. I personally had to fill out those cards with my horrible penmanship when people were lining up to check in. We just copied the name off of the ID which was a drivers license that they gave us. Never looked at the insurance card. If there is enough room just write in the last name. If the vaccination took place at a chain drug store bring the card back to the pharmacy and they may be able to issue you a new one with the correct name.  I know our pharmacy had to issue new cards for people who lost them. Some didn't even bring the card back when they came for the second dose. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Question for any that may have run into this already. My wife's CDC vaccine record has the name that is on her insurance, for example, Jane Doe. However, her married name and the name on her passport and on the RCCL booking is Jane Doe Smith. Smith being her married, hyphenated name.

Is it possible to return to where she got the vaccine and ask for a new card?

My wife had a similar issue with her vaccination card and we went back to the pharmacy where she got the shot and they reissued the card with the correct name.  If you can’t do that then try reaching out to the county/state.  My TA had called Royal and they said to bring a birth certificate and marriage license so they can see everything.  My wife did not want to bring extra documents if it was not necessary. Good Luck!

• Like 1

"Murphy's law" just prepare to show and give up your first born😉

You could get someone will will not even look that closely or

you may get someone who goes the extreme. Sounds like your

well prepared, enjoy your cruise.

17 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I work for a drug store chain. I personally had to fill out those cards with my horrible penmanship when people were lining up to check in. We just copied the name off of the ID which was a drivers license that they gave us. Never looked at the insurance card. If there is enough room just write in the last name. If the vaccination took place at a chain drug store bring the card back to the pharmacy and they may be able to issue you a new one with the correct name.  I know our pharmacy had to issue new cards for people who lost them. Some didn't even bring the card back when they came for the second dose. 

13 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Is it possible to return to where she got the vaccine and ask for a new card?

11 hours ago, Kalousdi said:

My wife had a similar issue with her vaccination card and we went back to the pharmacy where she got the shot and they reissued the card with the correct name.  If you can’t do that then try reaching out to the county/state.  My TA had called Royal and they said to bring a birth certificate and marriage license so they can see everything.  My wife did not want to bring extra documents if it was not necessary. Good Luck!

Did just that, went back to pharmacy we had it done at and took all of 5 minutes to get a new card with correct name. Thank you all!

• Like 3