Excursion ideas for St. Kitts

ILoveScotland

Some friends and I will be in St. Kitts later this year.  I've been there three times and done several excursions.  I personally would like to find transportation to Caribelle Batik and then go back to the port for some browsing.  The other three will want a tour of some sort but prefer one that is not sponsored by Royal Caribbean.  They would not want anything that included a lot of walking.  Any ideas for a private tour that would meet their needs?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 11:18 PM, AlohaLivin said:

That looks good! I wish they had one without the beach hours though.

At the end of Thenford's tour, you end up at one of the beaches. When we toured with them, they give you the option of going back to the ship instead of staying at the beach for a couple of hours. Just about everyone on our tour did not stay for the beach time. The tour was very good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kjenaz said:

RCCL just posted protocols for the ships leaving San Juan in November.  Everyone must book Shore Excursions thru the ship to be able to disembark.  

The Information we were just sent from RCL for this cruise leaving from FL ports said the same for St. Kitts. What we find super irritating is that St Kitts is now in a “do not travel list” status from the state department because of the high rate of Covid, there, so I have no idea why were suddenly are going there. 😾

328BBAF6-DB4B-41CD-BDE3-AEA3DD28088A.jpeg

Edited by AlohaLivin

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in St. Kitts the beginning of January and I was looking for excursions.  I can't get through on this website.  

On 10/16/2021 at 4:52 PM, bonship said:

We have done Thenford Grey's Island tour twice.  Loved it both times.  Highly recomme3nd if he is back in business. 

https://www.thenfordgreytours.com/the-grand-tour-of-st-kitts

I was trying to look at this website and I can't get through!  It keeps giving me an error.  I hope he is still in business.  

On 11/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, tw67 said:

I still get a privacy error that it isn't safe to go to that website.  Are you able to get through?  I have tried it on two laptops and my cell.  

On 11/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, tw67 said:

I still get a privacy error that it isn't safe to go to that website.  Are you able to get through?  I have tried it on two laptops and my cell.  

We were able to get through to Thenford Grey Tours on our iPhone.  We were successfully able to book a tour on December 27 when the Allure of the Seas visits.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 12:07 PM, tw67 said:

Just don't enter any sensitive financial information on the site. It's fine to proceed and simply browse.

• 2 weeks later...

just talked with my taxi driver.. as of today, you can take tours with them

they are angry that the cruise ships are not telling the passengers.

the Gov't is trying to get the Cruise Lines to tell them,

but of course they are dragging their feet ...$$$$ 

18 minutes ago, CLS/KAS said:

just talked with my taxi driver.. as of today, you can take tours with them

they are angry that the cruise ships are not telling the passengers.

the Gov't is trying to get the Cruise Lines to tell them,

but of course they are dragging their feet ...$$$$ 

As I understood it from local business owners last week, the St Kitt’s goverment was behind the shut down of independent excursions (not the cruise lines). And that make sense since we visited 3 islands listed as “do not visit” by the US state dept due to Covid but only St Kitts required the bubble type tours. The shop owners did say they expected a change very soon. The anger against the cruise lines and cynicism then seems a little misplaced when they can’t easily change on a dime regarding info/policies when St Kitts decided suddenly they would change (since last week the island’s leadership had an entirely different tune).

Edited by AlohaLivin

We were in St. Kitts last week, and the Cab Drivers are correct in being upset.  You can get off the ship and go to the travel booth and book a ride or tour with a local cab driver if you are vaccinated.  Same was true in Antiqua, and Barbados.  I did considerable research and if you look back thru the posts, I was very strong in communicating the latest information that RCCL.  Now after my experience I want to share that we would have done it different.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kjenaz said:

We were in St. Kitts last week, and the Cab Drivers are correct in being upset.  You can get off the ship and go to the travel booth and book a ride or tour with a local cab driver if you are vaccinated.  Same was true in Antiqua, and Barbados.  I did considerable research and if you look back thru the posts, I was very strong in communicating the latest information that RCCL.  Now after my experience I want to share that we would have done it different.

We were also there last week on the Allure (stuck there really since Rccl changes our itinerary to include the island about a week before sailing) and we were not allowed to do individual tours outside those from the ship (as to what some may do to get around that, I cannot say). There is clearly different info depending on who you ask as multiple people have multiple “truths” depending on the ship, the sailing, and their own biases/opinions. Thus, it would be hard to have the full info to cover all of these variables unless someone is omniscient. As for me, I’m headed offline to enjoy my weekend 😎

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We will be there on Jan 13th on AllureOTS   I cannot find any info on RCCL website showing any restrictions. We are fully vaccinated and plan to book either an island tour or a dune buggy tour. Not a tour affiliated with the ship. If anyone has info that this won't be allowed I'd love to see it. The St Kitts tourism site is not mentioning cruise ships at all  :o(

On 12/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, udamom said:

We will be there on Jan 13th on AllureOTS   I cannot find any info on RCCL website showing any restrictions. We are fully vaccinated and plan to book either an island tour or a dune buggy tour. Not a tour affiliated with the ship. If anyone has info that this won't be allowed I'd love to see it. The St Kitts tourism site is not mentioning cruise ships at all  :o(

As per the RCCL website for December right now:

Vaccinated Guests
Fully vaccinated parties may book a shore excursion or visit most ports freely — with the exception of those listed below, which will require tours for all guests who wish to go ashore in December, regardless of their vaccination status.

• St. Lucia 
  • Barbados
  • St. Kitts

At the above destinations, vaccinated guests may depart the ship and visit the enclosed port area on their own. If they wish to visit further into the island, they must have booked a Royal Caribbean shore excursion, or participate in a government approved tour. The government approved tours are unaffiliated with Royal Caribbean.

From Thenford Grey’s Tours today:

Thanks for confirming your reservation. We are Government Approved to conduct cruise tours. We look forward to your visit soon.

Regards,

Angela Grey

GREY'S ISLAND EXCURSIONS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tohono said:

From Thenford Grey’s Tours today:

Thanks for confirming your reservation. We are Government Approved to conduct cruise tours. We look forward to your visit soon.

Regards,

Angela Grey

GREY'S ISLAND EXCURSIONS

Just last night I emailed them to see what tour would be good for my family.  Which tour did you pick?

I have read nothing but great things about Thenford Greys tours. I just booked the Grand Island tour for when we are there in January. I was in St. Kitts 4 years ago but did a ship excursion which was limited since BF has never been I thought this would be a good one to do and includes beach time.

1 minute ago, odie1024 said:

I have read nothing but great things about Thenford Greys tours. I just booked the Grand Island tour for when we are there in January. I was in St. Kitts 4 years ago but did a ship excursion which was limited since BF has never been I thought this would be a good one to do and includes beach time.

I am thinking of doing that one.  I emailed them to ask a few questions, and didn't hear back.  So I might just go right ahead and book it.  

We've also done the Thenford Grey Grand Island tour. At the end of the tour some opted to spend time on the beach and he would come back for them. We opted to go back into town...So remember you will have this option.

I can't say enough what a wonderful gentleman Thenford is !!!!

• Like 1