Snorkeling?

Eli_6

Where can I go via cab (beach, facility, etc.) to snorkel?  (Preferably with a place that has equipment we can rent but if not we can buy some on ship as we forgot ours.) We are docking tomorrow and I have either done all the excursions offered through our cruise or are not interested in them.  

16 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Where can I go via cab (beach, facility, etc.) to snorkel?  (Preferably with a place that has equipment we can rent but if not we can buy some on ship as we forgot ours.) We are docking tomorrow and I have either done all the excursions offered through our cruise or are not interested in them.  

Where are you docking?

Money Bar, sky Reef, Buccanos. 

Buccanos charges $20 entrance to cruisers to “include “ snorkeling gear” whether you need it or not.

However not sure what the protocols are since covid and not sure I would want to rent equipment- maybe they give you new wrapped snorkel?

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Where are you docking?

Money Bar, sky Reef, Buccanos. 

Buccanos charges $20 entrance to cruisers to “include “ snorkeling gear” whether you need it or not.

However not sure what the protocols are since covid and not sure I would want to rent equipment- maybe they give you new wrapped snorkel?

I see you are on Carnival? 

Depending on your snorkeling standards,  and IF you can get your own equipment, 
 I would also suggest the promotional AI rate at Del Mar Latino ($29) overlooking International Pier, IF you are adult-only.

I haven’t snorkeled there but we have done AI several times and the guy we were talking to in June thought it was quite good - of course all subjective and depends on your experience and what your are comparing to but advantage is you can walk there - so no taxi fees!

• 2 weeks later...

We usually go to Playa Corona - use of facilities is free, but you are expected to order drinks and/or food at the restaurant. Good snorkeling near the restaurant to the left of the entrance and much better - to the right of the entrance along the ropes and well beyond where you will find some tour operators bringing snorkeling tours. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 3:15 PM, vdp said:

We usually go to Playa Corona - use of facilities is free, but you are expected to order drinks and/or food at the restaurant. Good snorkeling near the restaurant to the left of the entrance and much better - to the right of the entrance along the ropes and well beyond where you will find some tour operators bringing snorkeling tours. 

On 8/26/2021 at 2:15 PM, vdp said:

45 minutes ago, dawnptba said:

I also prefer to go to Playa  Corona

OP was in port a month ago so either went snorkeling or did something else.

For future information for cruisers, does Corona have rentals, its been a long time since we were there but I don’t recall equipment rental.

Edited by c-leg5

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

OP was in port a month ago so either went snorkeling or did something else.

For future information for cruisers, does Corona have rentals, its been a long time since we were there but I don’t recall equipment rental.

we were there in March to snorkel but had our own stuff.  Not a fan of it due to grouchy workers and snorkeling.  We are not by any means high maintenance and we actually left because of rudeness.  We wanted to stay and hang out for the day but probably because we weren't locals, the workers were not welcoming at all.  I thought money bar was much better.  We were staying at fiesta americana and would walk down to money and drift back.  Fiesta Americana does or did do a day pass option in the past.  

On 9/7/2021 at 8:27 PM, jean87510 said:

we were there in March to snorkel but had our own stuff.  Not a fan of it due to grouchy workers and snorkeling.  We are not by any means high maintenance and we actually left because of rudeness.  We wanted to stay and hang out for the day but probably because we weren't locals, the workers were not welcoming at all.  I thought money bar was much better.  We were staying at fiesta americana and would walk down to money and drift back.  Fiesta Americana does or did do a day pass option in the past.  

I don't think Corona rents snorkeling gear. We've been coming there for many years, most recently in March 2020 (we used to go to Money bar but now prefer Corona). Never had any issues with staff, they were always polite (but we typically order enough food, beer, and tip like we do in US). As far as snorkeling, I swim pretty far to the right along the roped area, sometimes 30-40 minutes one way. This area has great variety of corals in pristine shape, sufficient diversity and quantity of fish. 

• Like 1