Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

52 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Yes, but traditionally, they are the loudest and the cruise lines listen to them. 🙂  Everyone sounded really excited about traditional coming back, but both here and the group site that shall not be named, everyone has been saying how they are making reservations in the "anytime" concept and not doing the traditional.  Maybe the people who want traditional just aren't as antsy to get something officially reserved. 

I think the time slots of 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM are the issue. My wife no longer stays up real late and we like to do things in the evening so the 7:30 PM dining doesn't work for us. 5:00 PM is too early. I will likely be booking a table for two at 5:30 PM every night. That lets us have a semi-leisurely dinner and still have time to grab a drink and take it with us to the theater while there is still reasonable seating left for the early show. Selecting a table for two definitely tends to speed things up and, even if the service is slow, we can just skip the dessert that we really don't need anyway and get out faster that way.

• Like 2

After much effort I booked all reservations for a table for 2 except for the first day, which keeps kicking us out. It says no tables available. I had no problem reserving private tables on the other days. is it possible no tables are available for any time slot on this day? Or just more computer malfunctions?

2 hours ago, SuziCruises said:

Do you still have to be paid in full and your guest registration completed?   So it will be awhile before I can do it for my June 2025 cruise?  Sure would be nice if all this was in writing somewhere. 

SuziCruises, I just said the same thing to my cruise planner at Princess.  I'm receiving emails that specifically said that booking for dining would begin today after the delay from June.  No where in that email does it say you can only book after you're fully paid (usually 90 days out).  Anyway, there seems to be a lot of holes in their information which has led to us waisting a lot of time.

I had forgotten to tell the cruise planner that not withstanding the fully paid rule, It did take one reservation from me for 7:20 at night.  That's way to late for us, but it won't take my cancelation.

The whole thing is a black hole as far as I can tell.  I thought Princess had their act together better than this.

24 minutes ago, Lorenky said:

After much effort I booked all reservations for a table for 2 except for the first day, which keeps kicking us out. It says no tables available. I had no problem reserving private tables on the other days. is it possible no tables are available for any time slot on this day? Or just more computer malfunctions?

That's a very good question.  if we don't have a dining time secured when the 90 day window comes around, we'll cancel.  I'm looking for a backup cruise right now.  I'v never had a cruise booked without knowing If I had early or late dining.  We never eat late, so not knowing is a deal breaker.  Since we usually have reserve class on Princess, I've never run into this problem before.  

Edited by Bobsgonecoastal

6 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

SuziCruises, I just said the same thing to my cruise planner at Princess.  I'm receiving emails that specifically said that booking for dining would begin today after the delay from June.  No where in that email does it say you can only book after you're fully paid (usually 90 days out).  Anyway, there seems to be a lot of holes in their information which has led to us waisting a lot of time.

I had forgotten to tell the cruise planner that not withstanding the fully paid rule, It did take one reservation from me for 7:20 at night.  That's way to late for us, but it won't take my cancelation.

The whole thing is a black hole as far as I can tell.  I thought Princess had their act together better than this.

F.Y.I. I was able to do 3  dining reservations on my desk top computer, I called Princess to do a call back. Just got done with the call back and all my my time dining reservations are done and you do not need to be paid in full to make your dining reservations as is my case. Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, distinction said:

F.Y.I. I was able to do 3  dining reservations on my desk top computer, I called Princess to do a call back. Just got done with the call back and all my my time dining reservations are done and you do not need to be paid in full to make your dining reservations as is my case. Hope this helps.

That's interesting.  Are you within 90 days of sailing?  Did you use the web version of the app, or just go on their regular website. Would you please tell me the times you were able to get.  The only times I saw were 5:00 shared table and 7:20 private table.  I am so confused at this point, I'm ready to cancel this cruise.

Finally able to book,  after all sorts of errors  -one on the desktop and some on phone. On the Diamond we were able to book Savoy for 5.20, next cruise on Botticelli at 5.20 and for final cruise 5.00 at Michelangelo  - presumably fixed dining. I wish they had made it clear upfront which MDR did which type of dining.  Just hope they don't fall off.

29 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

That's interesting.  Are you within 90 days of sailing?  Did you use the web version of the app, or just go on their regular website. Would you please tell me the times you were able to get.  The only times I saw were 5:00 shared table and 7:20 private table.  I am so confused at this point, I'm ready to cancel this cruise.

I am not within 90 days of sailing.  I was able to do 3 My Time dining reservations on  the website'5:40 reservation. Call princess do a call back and let them do the reservation. Hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Finally able to book,  after all sorts of errors  -one on the desktop and some on phone. On the Diamond we were able to book Savoy for 5.20, next cruise on Botticelli at 5.20 and for final cruise 5.00 at Michelangelo  - presumably fixed dining. I wish they had made it clear upfront which MDR did which type of dining.  Just hope they don't fall off.

I suggest you call Princess to verify your reservations.

We are a group of 7 sailing on Crown out of Sydney in December. We raised a TWID Code and also linked all our bookings by supplying Princess with our booking reference. We have one couple travelling with their young granddaughters and we all wanted to dine together at a set time, in the same restaurant at the same table. Trying to achieve this via the website or app was impossible with the first meltdown and things didn't improve too much with the July 1 relaunch. Success eventually came by phoning Princess, holding for 40 minutes, and getting somebody with some idea of how the new improved reservation system worked. That person had a bit of trouble organizing it but it has been done. Hallelujah! Seriously, would one consider allowing the Princess IT Department to organize the paper in your dunny? It is not the time for dining we would have preferred but we're not going to play with it. We'll try to massage that time when we are onboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, distinction said:

I am not within 90 days of sailing.  I was able to do 3 My Time dining reservations on  the website'5:40 reservation. Call princess do a call back and let them do the reservation. Hope this helps.

Well, tried calling Princess to resolve this dining reservation problem.  Agent was polite, but after he put me on hold for 5 minutes, I was disconnected, no he didn’t call me back.

we’re veteran cruisers with 40+ cruisers, and I’ve never experienced any booking that I didn’t know ahead of time if I had early, late or anytime dining.  On this January cruise, I could end up eating at 9 pm for all I know.  Is it me, or is this weird?

Whew! That was an exercise in patience and pure determination. Was finally able to get all of my dinner reservations booked for our cruise. Kept getting multiple errors and had to try many many times to get each day to go through. Got a 7:30 each night in traditional dining at a private table for every night except the two we are booked in specialty restaurants. Hopefully this gets easier. 

Just now, Bobsgonecoastal said:

Thanks Northwestbear.  from what I can see the only times they are offering are 5:00pm and 7:30PM which is what you booked.  Did you notice any other times being offered?

Thanks

If you are only seeing the 5 and 7:30 that is the traditional dining room. If you want to select different time you need to select different dining room until you see a list of times starting at 5PM then increments of 20 minutes. Select your time and either a private or shared table. You can then book it for whole cruise or just that date. 

20 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

If you are only seeing the 5 and 7:30 that is the traditional dining room. If you want to select different time you need to select different dining room until you see a list of times starting at 5PM then increments of 20 minutes. Select your time and either a private or shared table. You can then book it for whole cruise or just that date. 

Thanks, I'll try it again and see if I can find that.

This is what it says when I try to make Dining Reservations.

• Customize your reservations and other dining options.
  • Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Reserve Collection and Suites.

I'm not in any of these. Am also looking at cancelling this cruise if I can't book. Will not book anymore Princess cruises. To many other choices to put up with this! Especially when I booked this last Nov. and chose my Dining time. 

Edited by Gunner 66

53 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

Thanks Northwestbear.  from what I can see the only times they are offering are 5:00pm and 7:30PM which is what you booked.  Did you notice any other times being offered?

Thanks

Those sound like Fixed Dining times.

50 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

Yes, except none of the "Private" tables are available only "shared".  We don't want shared.