EXCURSIONS REQUIRED TO GET OFF IN ITALY

Mbc023

5 hours ago, Mbc023 said:

Hi Joseph - 

Thanks for your input. After sleeping on it (much needed time to cool off), I actually had that same thought this morning. My airfare is already booked for Barcelona, so I may just spend a few days there, and then head over to Mallorca or Ibiza. I've pretty much come to terms that the trip is not going to go as I would like it to in regards to my stops in Italy and for that, I am going to cancel.  Maybe "winging it" in Spain will lead to a perfect and memorable vacation. Cheers my friend! 

Sound like it may be a good plan (if you not postponing the trip for another year).  Just be aware of any COVID restrictions for places (such as museums) you want to visit and any time for dress restrictions within churches/cathedrals.  Also, if renting a car, make sure you rent one that complies with the Zero Emissions laws (and know where the Zero Emissions Zones are located (I know they have them in at least Madrid and Barcelona).  We have been to Spain via cruise and land vacations - a beautiful country and wonderful people.  Good luck!

Edited by Travel R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mbc023 said:

Hi Joseph - 

Thanks for your input. After sleeping on it (much needed time to cool off), I actually had that same thought this morning. My airfare is already booked for Barcelona, so I may just spend a few days there, and then head over to Mallorca or Ibiza. I've pretty much come to terms that the trip is not going to go as I would like it to in regards to my stops in Italy and for that, I am going to cancel.  Maybe "winging it" in Spain will lead to a perfect and memorable vacation. Cheers my friend! 

That sounds like a great plan!    Enjoy 🤩

@xxHadleyxx - Hope all is well.  Not to throw another wrench into this, but do you have any information from your side of the pond regarding the travel restrictions for US travelers coming to Europe? If it does go into effect, hopefully it will be lifted before the OP travels.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

@Travel R, this website https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/ESP/7002 which is an official site of the European Union may be of some help to you.

I have set the link to "Spain" but you can change the country by using the drop-down menu on the left.

Obrigado.  I was asking for the OP. [Unfortunately, I will not be back in Europe until sometime next year for business and not until 2023 for pleasure; but will keep the link handy in case this bad dream does not end before then.]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travel R said:

@xxHadleyxx - Hope all is well.  Not to throw another wrench into this, but do you have any information from your side of the pond regarding the travel restrictions for US travelers coming to Europe? If it does go into effect, hopefully it will be lifted before the OP travels.

as of yet the USA has not been removed from the green list.  Even if they end up being removed, every EU country can still make their own decisions, so it is really anyone's guess as to if US residents will be allowed into Spain.  My best guess is that most places will allow residents who are vaccinated and have a negative test...there is less and less desire to block everyone.  But I really cannot say.  I am also following closely as we have a friend who lives in Michigan (hopefully) joining us on our sailing this fall.

3 hours ago, Travel R said:

Not too sure but my Delta Flight is scheduled for September 2nd - haven't heard for any cancelations so far. I guess as it gets closer to the date, I will know more. I think it would really take A LOT for countries to start locking down again. Many of these places rely heavily on tourism and I think they are more than happy to have money flowing in again. That's just my take on it but we'll see! 

• Like 2