Covid Related Requirements on NCL

nyllrap

Hello. I usually cruise Royal Caribbean, but recently cancelled our Aug. 22 cruise due to (1) mask indoors requirement and (2) having to get a negative covid test at my own expense prior to boarding. In my area I was unable to make an appointment to get a rapid antigen test due to high demand and didn't want to chance not getting results back with a pcr test. 

I just looked at Norwegian (have cruised with Norwegian a number of times) and it looks like they do not require masks since they are doing only vaccinated cruises. Also, they test you at the port at their expense.

I would just like to confirm that this is correct. I am fully vaccinated.

The only other consideration is your ports of call.  There may be specific masking requirements and/or testing requirements.

As of right now, on our Breakaway cruise to Bermuda from NYC we will apparently need to be tested 4 days before boarding the ship and again when we arrive in Bermuda (this is due to Bermuda protocols).  And, this would be in addition to the testing performed at the pier by NCL.

48 minutes ago, goldmom said:

As of right now, on our Breakaway cruise to Bermuda from NYC we will apparently need to be tested 4 days before boarding the ship and again when we arrive in Bermuda

That's interesting. I'm booked on a Bermuda cruise too, and I hadn't heard that.

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

The only other consideration is your ports of call.  There may be specific masking requirements and/or testing requirements.

As of right now, on our Breakaway cruise to Bermuda from NYC we will apparently need to be tested 4 days before boarding the ship and again when we arrive in Bermuda (this is due to Bermuda protocols).  And, this would be in addition to the testing performed at the pier by NCL.

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

That's interesting. I'm booked on a Bermuda cruise too, and I hadn't heard that.

Here are Bermuda's protocols for arriving cruise passengers. The details were just finalized but are quite similar to the protocols that are used for air arrivals.  At the bottom of the page you'll see specific reference to the Crystal Symphony because it will be the first ship cruising to Bermuda, staring with cruises from Boston in late August.

For now it's reasonable to assume that the protocols will be the same for NCL as it requires all passengers to be vaccinated just as Crystal does, but...always be on the lookout for protocol changes as time progresses.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Edited by njhorseman

While it's true that NCL is doing only vaccinated cruises; Celebrity and Carnival are both doing 95% vaccinated cruises and just brought in a testing requirement and masks for all guests. With Delta, the vaccine has less protection against catching and spreading it. Even if NCL doesn't require those things today, I wouldn't bet against them requiring it in the near future. 

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

While it's true that NCL is doing only vaccinated cruises; Celebrity and Carnival are both doing 95% vaccinated cruises and just brought in a testing requirement and masks for all guests. With Delta, the vaccine has less protection against catching and spreading it. Even if NCL doesn't require those things today, I wouldn't bet against them requiring it in the near future. 

Celebrity does not require masks, just testing before embarkation.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I don't think you can register until 21 days prior to sailing. It should be in the Health & Safety portion of your online check-in.

TY for this! I was actually trying to set up an account via Eurofins!

Definitely follow the NCL  Sail Safe link for updates. It's continually being revised. 

Currently,  NCL is not requiring masks for  pax onboard,  however,  that may change,  and they must adhere to port regs. Crew must be masked.

Per Greece guidelines,  all pax and crew  must be masked indoors. 

All Alaskan excursions and disembarkments require masks. 

Currently they are testing in the terminals or nearby at their cost.

Same with tests onboard before final disembarkment.

Gem is doing her "test" cruise with travel industry people. Nassau required masks and specific vaccines.