Sorry I “Moved Up”

Margarita Jane

On 8/19/2021 at 11:52 AM, LGW59 said:

well another person here posted yesterday about their first cruise in 202...so there are veterans and THERE are veterans!

Holy smoke. 202? I wonder if they were handed a very long oar when they boarded?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Holy smoke. 202? I wonder if they were handed a very long oar when they boarded?

and the captain was a man with flowing long hair in a long white robe, they were joined by two giraffes, two tigers, two elephants...

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2021 at 1:05 PM, Oxo said:

I tried  Celebrity Move Up this month.

I have found that your Min Bid is based on your current cabin category/price. Example: you have an Inside bid for Balcony, Min Bid price is higher than a person with an Ocean view Min Bid price for Balcony.

I even seen where it was cheaper to buy the Balcony at current price than trying to Min Bid up to Balcony.

So, not all deals are in your favor. 

Yes, I know this is not always true.

Stay Safe & Happy Cruising!

Before bidding on a Move Up Offer ALWAYS check the prevailing rate for that cabin category.  In all my upgrade experiences, it has always been a cheaper to upgrade my cabin directly than through the Move Up offer.  And with upgrading directly, you get any upgraded benefits of the new cabin category where as through the Move Up office you only get what you originally had.  So always check with who you booked your cruise with first.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 9:06 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

It's the one one Edge and Apex which costs around $60,000 per cabin for a 7 night cruise - there are two of them.

You can "hit lucky" lol and get one for around $25,000 using MoveUp if there are any left.

Still above my comfort level but they certainly look great.

Yipes! Way above my comfort level!

On 8/22/2021 at 9:06 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

It's the one one Edge and Apex which costs around $60,000 per cabin for a 7 night cruise - there are two of them.

You can "hit lucky" lol and get one for around $25,000 using MoveUp if there are any left.

Still above my comfort level but they certainly look great.

12 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Yipes! Way above my comfort level!

I can't fathom what could make an experience on a ship worth roughly 20-30x what a regular balcony costs.  It's still the same ship.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, Margarita Jane said:

Just my experience….we did a b2b on Equinox, 8/1 and 8/8. We could not get the same stateroom for both sailings. On 8/1, we had a SV. It was great! On 8/8, we booked a balcony, and bid to move up to Aqua. We are Elite, but had never sailed in Aqua. Unfortunately, the stateroom we were assigned (1512) was under exercise equipment. Every morning at 6:00am, we were awakened by the pounding of people exercising…and we are not early risers.

Moral - with move up bids, you are getting a guarantee and have no choice of location. I knew that, but with ships sailing at or below 50%, I didn’t think I’d get the worse Aqua available (😳).

Probably won’t risk move up in the future….

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hadn’t thought about this happening.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, Margarita Jane said:

Just my experience….we did a b2b on Equinox, 8/1 and 8/8. We could not get the same stateroom for both sailings. On 8/1, we had a SV. It was great! On 8/8, we booked a balcony, and bid to move up to Aqua. We are Elite, but had never sailed in Aqua. Unfortunately, the stateroom we were assigned (1512) was under exercise equipment. Every morning at 6:00am, we were awakened by the pounding of people exercising…and we are not early risers.

Moral - with move up bids, you are getting a guarantee and have no choice of location. I knew that, but with ships sailing at or below 50%, I didn’t think I’d get the worse Aqua available (😳).

Probably won’t risk move up in the future….

I received the MoveUp email today for my upcoming 9/11 Edge cruise.  I won't even consider it for just this reason...besides the fact that I am THRILLED with my SV!  We also got lucky with the Solo Discount when we booked so my friend and I were able to score separate SVs.  This girl is staying put!!!🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1