New Covid test Requirement to Board

I know I am probably obsessing over this and that most of you are just giving your own versions of these tests, but there is just so much confusion over which test and what its called, where to get it and do they give the right one???? I did a dry run of the Walgreen's Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAATtoday, which of course came back negative.  But I worry that it's still not the right one, I don't want to take even a slight chance I have had the wrong test done.  I looked up the tests differences, Rapid Antigen, PCR and antibody.  According to CDC the test above is a NAAT test or Nucleic Acid Amplification Test which is what that stands for and is an antigen test.  So what I am getting at is have any of you already cruised and presented your test to them at pier and did you have this specific test.  Ours will of course be scheduled for the Thursday before our sailing.

On 8/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, 1947wwjd said:

Now Celebrity and Royal are requiring a Positive Covid test that needs to be performed 3 days before boarding.  We are vaccinated and are booked on the Celebrity Reflection for November 20-27.   We would like to hop on the Allure on the 27th but it seems this will not be possible because of the 3 day Covid requirement.  Seems like our only option is to do a B2B on the Reflection.  Any suggestions?  

Cancel your cruise.

8 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Its crazy how each area of the country is different.  Where we live you can schedule with CVS for either the rapid or PCR test two weeks in advance.

Although I have heard of some appt getting canceled last minute because they are running out of the test kits….😩😩

And where we live in Central Florida CVS only does PCR bookings 2 weeks out

7 hours ago, toddcruise01 said:

I know I am probably obsessing over this and that most of you are just giving your own versions of these tests, but there is just so much confusion over which test and what its called, where to get it and do they give the right one???? I did a dry run of the Walgreen's Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAATtoday, which of course came back negative.  But I worry that it's still not the right one, I don't want to take even a slight chance I have had the wrong test done.  I looked up the tests differences, Rapid Antigen, PCR and antibody.  According to CDC the test above is a NAAT test or Nucleic Acid Amplification Test which is what that stands for and is an antigen test.  So what I am getting at is have any of you already cruised and presented your test to them at pier and did you have this specific test.  Ours will of course be scheduled for the Thursday before our sailing.

My daughter and I cruised from the Bahamas with NAAT , no problems.

• Thanks 1

The problem seems to be the nominclature.  When a pier worker sees NAAT on a test, are they educated that that means the test is determining antigens?  I have dealth with misunderstandings like that on the phone with RCCL agents for 20 yrs.  That's why anyone knows to call again, you will get another answer...nothing is very consistent from person to person. I just hope the person we get at pier will know what the CDC says determines antigens.  Just as there are persons who post here who don't seem to know the difference.  Albeit, we can get the test here easily with results in a couple hours the day before we fly.

Just received their answer:  shorter turn around than 12 hours!!!

So I emailed that letter to Laly Yera-Rodriguez <ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com>  who is director of Guest Relations for Azamar, Celebrity AND Royal Caribbean.  BTW, I emailed her yesterday afternoon and she replied this morning at 8:30!  That is customer service.   SHe is on my email list of VIPs at Royal.

Hi Richard - yes - you’re all good with the NAAT test. Here you go - from our FAQs. Have an awesome cruise!     (My legal name is Richard Todd) .

Then she copy pasted the web page info just as I sent it to her! LOL    Essentially what she said is that all the tests identified as NAAT offered by Walgreen's, since they accept everything BUT the anitbody tests, are good as long as they are NAAT.  So we are good to go.........WHEH!