Half Moon Cay mystery

nina_930

We are on the Pride at the end of September.  It does not have any excursions listed for HMC and when I look at the port schedule, other days are accounted for except ours.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Just curious if Carnival would be thinking of changing our schedule again.

15 minutes ago, sailingships said:

The Bahamas have made some new rules which now includes all the private islands. No unvaxxed tourists.

I though about that, but we are also going to Freeport and Bimini and they are both normal with excursions and on the port schedule.

Side note....I am curious what they are doing with the >12 yr olds that got an exemption.  I imaging there aren't many.

39 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I'm on the 9/19 pride sailing

HMC has 0 listed

Bimini has 2 listed

Freeport has 11 listed

With the recent report of rules being change for Bahama ports I have no idea whats going to happen

We're you always going to Bimini? Or was it a change? We are on 12th & are still going to Nassau

The changes to the itinerary for the Pride cruises are what’s causing the issue. They need to move everything over to the correct day. We’re on the Pride in October and with Bimini being added in place of Grand Turk, they need to make planner changes to reflect the changes to the port order. I just got my refund for grand Turk, but my hmc excursion is still on the wrong day in the planner.  Assuming once they get everything moved to the proper day, things for hmc will show backup for purchase. Having similar issues for my November cruise. Port changes were done but the planner hasn’t been updated with excursions for princess cays yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nina_930 said:

Side note....I am curious what they are doing with the >12 yr olds that got an exemption.  I imaging there aren't many.

Unless Carnival has found some way around the new Bahamas vaccination requirement, I'd assume that exemption just went away. Unless they totally change their itinerary on a cruise which apparently has 3 ports in the Bahamas.

1 hour ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Was Grand Turk , but GT is closed till October? to cruise ships.

the change happened early August

I'm on the 9/19 for Pride also. HMC was showing up fine before the change. Everything was fine on the HMC page, even showed the cabanas, as sold out. Nothing but a white page now.

On 8/22/2021 at 3:09 PM, Sailin_Pirate said:

I'm on the 9/19 pride sailing

HMC has 0 listed

Bimini has 2 listed

Freeport has 11 listed

With the recent report of rules being change for Bahama ports I have no idea whats going to happen

I'm on this cruise too. All I wanted to book was the clam shell and floatie on HMC, I can't believe that is sold out. I'm dreading calling them.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:09 AM, nina_930 said:

I though about that, but we are also going to Freeport and Bimini and they are both normal with excursions and on the port schedule.

effective with embarkations on or after August 28 from all U.S. Atlantic and Gulf home ports, vaccine exemptions will be limited to children under 12, and those with a medical condition that does not allow them to be vaccinated. 

If you have already received an exemption approval for anyone in your party that does not meet the requirements of these two categories (under 12 or proven medical condition that prohibits vaccination), that exemption is no longer valid

• Like 1

That still doesn't explain why excursions aren't showing.  It's not like they don't know what's available on their private island.  Bimini (which was added the same time as HMC) has a few excursions showing.  Nothing we can really do other than check in daily and hopefully snag a cabana.

12 minutes ago, Anung Un Rama said:

That still doesn't explain why excursions aren't showing.  It's not like they don't know what's available on their private island.  Bimini (which was added the same time as HMC) has a few excursions showing.  Nothing we can really do other than check in daily and hopefully snag a cabana.

kdr was responding to the question about >12 year olds who had an exemption.

For my upcoming cruise in early Sept that includes HMC, there are 22 excursions to choose from there.

So I think Carnival is just releasing the excursions when they get agreements finalized, and maybe HMC is not yet firm for late-Sept.

• Thanks 1

I called and tried to book on the phone. They can't see the excursions for HMC either (Sept 19 Pride sailing). He said he was putting in a ticket and to allow 72 hours for the vendor to fix.  Whether it's IT or vendor problem, I hope they fix this before we board.

• Like 1