New email for or Saturday Panorama cruise. Testing at pier?

tallnthensome

Just got an email in regard to our arrival this coming Saturday.  Talks about all the usual things but it says  "any testing at the pier " . Is this for the unvaccinated or are they now testing everyone at the pier. Not sure how to read this . Maybe I'm being paranoid ...... Anyone want to help clarify. Talks about anyone testing positive at the pier in the health screening section.  Tell me this isn't for all guests but those just with exemptions? 

Screenshot_20210823-042726_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Just got an email in regard to our arrival this coming Saturday.  Talks about all the usual things but it says  "any testing at the pier " . Is this for the unvaccinated or are they now testing everyone at the pier. Not sure how to read this . Maybe I'm being paranoid ...... Anyone want to help clarify. Talks about anyone testing positive at the pier in the health screening section.  Tell me this isn't for all guests but those just with exemptions? 

Screenshot_20210823-042726_Chrome.jpg

Vaccinated travelers must test up to 72 hours before on their own unvaccinated passengers can test at the pier which is not fair. Unvaccinated passengers should be the ones paying for their test at home whereas vaccinated passengers should be covered for free .

We need more incentives for vaccinated travelers such as Free Rapid Testing, Free Drink package etc 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Right, but since this came this morning and it didn’t explicitly state unvaccinated will or can be tested at the pier I wanted to be sure they didn’t change the protocols to everyone. Wouldn’t make sense for everyone who tested 3 days or less prior. This same issue happened on the Royal Caribbean board where they had a memo similar to this that wasn’t specific and had everyone talking about the same requirements for testing everyone at the pier regardless of vaccination status and prior testing. Royal corrected their wording in their memo after people questioned what they were saying. 

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Right, but since this came this morning and it didn’t explicitly state unvaccinated will or can be tested at the pier I wanted to be sure they didn’t change the protocols to everyone. Wouldn’t make sense for everyone who tested 3 days or less prior. This same issue happened on the Royal Caribbean board where they had a memo similar to this that wasn’t specific and had everyone talking about the same requirements for testing everyone at the pier regardless of vaccination status and prior testing. Royal corrected their wording in their memo after people questioned what they were saying. 

I'm hearing some pax are reading it wrong and coming to the port of Galveston thinking they can get tested there. There is confusion. I feel bad for those who cant board. Carnival sending out emails about testing at the pier is confusing. It needs to be clearer. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, travelplus said:

Vaccinated travelers must test up to 72 hours before on their own unvaccinated passengers can test at the pier which is not fair.

It is a case of everyone must get tested within three days of cruising (unvaxxed must use a PCR test, vaxxed can use PCR or Antigen), and on top of that unvaxxed get tested again at the pier.  From the Carnival website, under the section for Unvaxxed:

Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. 

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, travelplus said:

Vaccinated travelers must test up to 72 hours before on their own unvaccinated passengers can test at the pier which is not fair. Unvaccinated passengers should be the ones paying for their test at home whereas vaccinated passengers should be covered for free .

We need more incentives for vaccinated travelers such as Free Rapid Testing, Free Drink package etc 

Unvaccinated ones ARE paying out of their pocket to have the 'pre-cruise' (3 days prior) testing, then they are again paying out of pocket to have Carnival test them before they board.

Free drink packages for being vaccinated? Basically every cruise line has a pre-cruise testing requirement regardless of vaccine status, and nobody is giving a free drink package for vaccinated... sounds wishful to me. 

• Like 1