When are you asked about vaccination status?

Ilovesailaway

I have a cruise booked in December. I have not been asked about my vaccination status but I see in a recent topic where cruisers had their vaccine exemptions revoked. I wonder when they were asked about status or did they preemptively obtain an exemption when they booked? 

1 minute ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I have a cruise booked in December. I have not been asked about my vaccination status but I see in a recent topic where cruisers had their vaccine exemptions revoked. I wonder when they were asked about status or did they preemptively obtain an exemption when they booked? 

I was made aware of it that I could answer a month or so ago for both my carnival cruises. Dont remember being asked. Just that I could click around and get to the question. .. way before anyone could put in for exemptions. Have you tried to get into the question on your booking?

57 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

There is a single question survey in your "To Do" list for your cruise. This is where you answer if you were vaccinated or not.

What has happened with these people is that they were unvaccinated but were given an exemption as part of the 5% unvaccinated. When the Bahama's changed their policy starting September 3rd so that all cruise ship passengers over 11 years old must be vaccinated the cruise line had to cancel these exemptions.

i believe the current published protocols go through October.   They keep changing, so i would look for them to extend to the end of the year at least.   

The revocation of some of the exemptions just came in the last few days due to various ports changing their rules

3 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

i believe the current published protocols go through October.   They keep changing, so i would look for them to extend to the end of the year at least.   

I would not expect to see the question until they announce the November / December protocols.  Per John Heald, that "should be later this week".  (It is not yet showing for our November cruise either.)

• Like 1

I received the Vaccine Attestation email (with the 48 hour to respond deadline) on August 6th for my October 16 Mardi Gras sailing. Should know in the next 2.5 weeks if the interval is regular or irregular (as I'll reach the same time out from my December 2nd sailing on the Breeze.... 

I booked my cruise in May and the travel agent asked if we were vaccinated. Her information indicated you had to show proof of a vaccination card which both the wife and I have. Completed the sailing three weeks ago and I can say everyone on on our cruise had to show proof of vaccination before boarding the ship. The cruislines know they have to be perfect on this in order to reopen up cruising. I now am in the process of getting ready to book cruise number two for this year. I have no problems stepping onto a cruise ship going forward. Tim