Disappointed I don't get the chance to bid on an upgrade

CruizinKittie40

May I join your pity party. I, too never received any upgraded bids either. Cruise is in October. Plenty of cabins still but nothing for me to cheekily bid on, just for fun.

Ach well, such is life

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yinster said:

May I join your pity party. I, too never received any upgraded bids either. Cruise is in October. Plenty of cabins still but nothing for me to cheekily bid on, just for fun.

Ach well, such is life

I don't know when you sail but my October 16th only came out a 2 days ago (Monday).

Worth remembering some travel agents don't participate though.

35 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I don't know when you sail but my October 16th only came out a 2 days ago (Monday).

Worth remembering some travel agents don't participate though.

My invitations to bid have always come directly from NCL, even though I use a travel agent.  But that was almost 2 years ago, so things may have changed.

30 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

My invitations to bid have always come directly from NCL, even though I use a travel agent.  But that was almost 2 years ago, so things may have changed.

Yes they do but some TAs opt out.

5 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

I know, I know, I shouldn't have expected to be able to bid.  But I had hyped it up in my head.  I was going to bid on a suite or at least a balcony and surprise my mom when we got on board 😕

Thanks for coming to my pity party 🤣

Awww that’s a disappointment 😟 curios, why can’t you bid?

well, even if you bid, there is no guarantee you'll get  the cabin. why dont  you just up what you were planning on bidding, pay the difference for a cabin you want? 

i notice you had planned to bid on a suite or "at least a balcony"  there is a vast,vast difference in price,

but balcony cabins in and of themselves are  not  that expensive. you should just book the balcony instead.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, complawyer said:

well, even if you bid, there is no guarantee you'll get  the cabin. why dont  you just up what you were planning on bidding, pay the difference for a cabin you want? 

i notice you had planned to bid on a suite or "at least a balcony"  there is a vast,vast difference in price,

but balcony cabins in and of themselves are  not  that expensive. you should just book the balcony instead.

Not everyone can upgrade per recent changes in NCL policy.  I've reached out to my pcc to verify, since a balcony is now less than my ov but unless NCL has rethought their position, my only option is a winning bid.

• Like 1

if you  are still before the final payment is due, you can cancel your reservation and rebook the newer cabin.

i've had a consultant for the last 4 years, and as long as the final payment wasnt due, she allowed me to make whatever changes i wanted, including upgrading my cabin.

before ncl cancelled one of my cruises last year, i had a 2 bedroom suite booked. there was also a 2 bedroom haven available, but the price was an additional $2000.  ncl offered a 15% price reduction which made the cost of the haven the same as what we were paying for the non haven suite. there was no problem upgrading.

i would check into this a little further if i were you

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, complawyer said:

if you  are still before the final payment is due, you can cancel your reservation and rebook the newer cabin.

i've had a consultant for the last 4 years, and as long as the final payment wasnt due, she allowed me to make whatever changes i wanted, including upgrading my cabin.

before ncl cancelled one of my cruises last year, i had a 2 bedroom suite booked. there was also a 2 bedroom haven available, but the price was an additional $2000.  ncl offered a 15% price reduction which made the cost of the haven the same as what we were paying for the non haven suite. there was no problem upgrading.

i would check into this a little further if i were you

Pretty sure upgrade advantage (bids) program doesn't begin until after final payment.

• Like 2