Apex Royal Suite laundry

Stu UK

Quick question. Just sent heed a move up to a RS on 28 Aug cruise. Does the free laundry perk include pressing or only wash and fold. Also does the unlimited speciality dining include breakfast in the Grand Bistro. 

The laundry service is full laundry service as well as unlimited dry cleaning.    I send out many of my dress shirts for cleaning, starching and ironing.   They are delivered back perfectly on hangers.   Items like socks, undergarments and t-shirts are returned either on hangers or in a basket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were some limits to regular passengers for laundry in Royal Suites.   Guess some RS passengers were having the laundry and dry cleaning done for their friends and family on the ship. If you are Zenith Level they wouldn’t confront you and probably believe as a very frequent customer you would not cheat the system.   It’s amazing the lengths some passengers go to when trying to cheat the cruise line.

10 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

There were some limits to regular passengers for laundry in Royal Suites.   Guess some RS passengers were having the laundry and dry cleaning done for their friends and family on the ship. If you are Zenith Level they wouldn’t confront you and probably believe as a very frequent customer you would not cheat the system.   It’s amazing the lengths some passengers go to when trying to cheat the cruise line.

I can see that for sure.    I probably should not have said "Unlimited" meaning doing laundry for all of your friends and family. 

Even when traveling in a RS and being Zenith I definitely wouldn't be sending laundry out for friends and family.  

One thing I can say is that having the perk sure has cut down our packing, especially when doing consecutive cruises.   We've found we can cut down by 30% but you may see us in the same outfits multiple times.  LOL.

We, recently only sail  in PS’s on Celebrity. My guidance should be applicable to RS passengers as well. It would NEVER occur to us to send out laundry for any friends or others on the cruise.  When we meet our butler on the first day of the cruise we tell him that we will send out laundry each day.  We ask for a bag and slip to be left for us each day and we then leave it for the butler each morning.  I suspect that this will be acceptable for PS and possibly RS passengers.  

I have no idea how this might work for the various suite levels on other classes of ships.  Just today I was on a zoom business meeting.  I felt something scratching at my neck. I reached back and pulled off a tag wrapped around the inside of the collar.  It said 6147.  Oh, such wonderful memories of that suite and those cruises on the Summit.

• Like 1

We are sailing on Celebrity Millennium in December.  We've sailed with Celebrity once before - in Aqua - so no free laundry.  (It was only a 7 day cruise so it didn't much matter.)  We'll be in a suite this time - longer cruise - but I thought the brochure said that the Free Laundry perk was only twice per cruise.  Can you actually send out laundry everyday?  Not sure that would change the packing dynamic but curious to know.

I do appreciate - and use - the laundry facilities on Princess all the time - even as an Elite passenger.  I really prefer to do my own laundry.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

We, recently only sail  in PS’s on Celebrity. My guidance should be applicable to RS passengers as well. It would NEVER occur to us to send out laundry for any friends or others on the cruise.  When we meet our butler on the first day of the cruise we tell him that we will send out laundry each day.  We ask for a bag and slip to be left for us each day and we then leave it for the butler each morning.  I suspect that this will be acceptable for PS and possibly RS passengers.  

I have no idea how this might work for the various suite levels on other classes of ships.  Just today I was on a zoom business meeting.  I felt something scratching at my neck. I reached back and pulled off a tag wrapped around the inside of the collar.  It said 6147.  Oh, such wonderful memories of that suite and those cruises on the Summit.

I was laughing at your reference to the laundry tags.    Even after not sailing for 18 months I find them and they an be scratchy ...

We handle the laundry very similar and send it out daily or every other day.   We have had one butlers who insisted we just leave the laundry on the foot of the bed and he would fill in the paperwork and put it in the bag for us.   We have sailed with him many times and he definitely knows how to take care of his passengers.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

We are sailing on Celebrity Millennium in December.  We've sailed with Celebrity once before - in Aqua - so no free laundry.  (It was only a 7 day cruise so it didn't much matter.)  We'll be in a suite this time - longer cruise - but I thought the brochure said that the Free Laundry perk was only twice per cruise.  Can you actually send out laundry everyday?  Not sure that would change the packing dynamic but curious to know.

I do appreciate - and use - the laundry facilities on Princess all the time - even as an Elite passenger.  I really prefer to do my own laundry.

Thank you!

As you know there are different levels of suites.    Only the upper suites RS, Reflection Suite, Iconic and Penthouse get free laundry as a perk 

Other Suites I don't believe get any free laundry.   You may be thinking of your CC Status where Elite get 1 bag wash and fold per PAX and Elite Plus where you get 2 bags each.

Thank you, Jim!  Love reading your posts. 
I went back to my booking. It’s a Penthouse Suite.  The laundry perk reads: Complimentary laundry service (twice per cruise).  If you think I can actually send out everyday, I might just pack an overnight bag😉

As if!  
(Cruise isn’t until December and I’m already thinking about packing. Think I’m anxious??)

On 8/26/2021 at 5:23 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

So, a person who not Zenith and books the Royal Suite is more likely to cheat the system?  WOW what an assumption.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

Thank you, Jim!  Love reading your posts. 
I went back to my booking. It’s a Penthouse Suite.  The laundry perk reads: Complimentary laundry service (twice per cruise).  If you think I can actually send out everyday, I might just pack an overnight bag😉

As if!  
(Cruise isn’t until December and I’m already thinking about packing. Think I’m anxious??)

Thanks for the update.   I honestly have never seen that restriction before.   I'm really surprised by it.  What is surprising is that under the Zenith Perks they do not have a limitation listed.   I would think the Penthouse guest would get everything they wanted.   

Seems strange that they state a limit with no regard to the length of the cruise.   While 2x may be fine on a 7 day cruise or shorter it might be restrictive on a 14 day cruise. 

Not recommending cheating the system but you could also combine with your 2 bags (each) of wash and fold for Elite Plus  might mitigate the limitation.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Then we’d really have to cheat the system as we are the lowly of the low’s on Celebrity (Elite on Princess).  We’ve only sailed once before on Celebrity and it was a free cruise. 
Thank you very much.  Learning quite a lot about Celebrity here.

17 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

Then we’d really have to cheat the system as we are the lowly of the low’s on Celebrity (Elite on Princess).  We’ve only sailed once before on Celebrity and it was a free cruise. 
Thank you very much.  Learning quite a lot about Celebrity here.

You may be able to take advantage of the mid-cruise special on a bag of wash and fold.   I believe the price is $49 but there is a limit on number of pieces (I don't recall). 

laundry prices are pretty high.   Prices attached. 

4EB175BD-B036-47A4-9AD8-BE61FCCEFE8D.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may be able to take advantage of the mid-cruise special on a bag of wash and fold.   I believe the price is $49 but there is a limit on number of pieces (I don't recall). 

laundry prices are pretty high.   Prices attached. 

4EB175BD-B036-47A4-9AD8-BE61FCCEFE8D.jpeg

Not offered on our B2B sailings two weeks ago.  We are not Zenith and were in a Royal Suite for both sailings.  

1 minute ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Not offered on our B2B sailings two weeks ago.  We are not Zenith and were in a Royal Suite for both sailings.  

Surprised to hear that.   What  ship were you on?     I though I read on Equinox that they had the offer.

11 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Now onboard in RS and loving it. Our butler (sorry Retreat Host) told us whatever laundry whenever we want, washed, pressed or dry cleaned. Leave it out she will do the rest. Feeling pampered. 

As you should.     Enjoy your cruise.     

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTIONS:  In general (not just Apex) do Celebrity shipboard laundry services do a good job?  Does your black underwear come back from the laundry looking grey??  If there's something you don't want ruined, is dry cleaning the better option?  We're doing a RS in 2022 & I'm curious. 

Free laundry services are great, but not if they eff-up your clothes.

Edited by DenGNNJ

1 hour ago, DenGNNJ said:

QUESTIONS:  In general (not just Apex) do Celebrity shipboard laundry services do a good job?  Does your black underwear come back from the laundry looking grey??  If there's something you don't want ruined, is dry cleaning the better option?  We're doing a RS in 2022 & I'm curious. 

Free laundry services are great, but not if they eff-up your clothes.

Think of a mid range cycle and tumble on your home machine and decide what you would put in it. We have never had anything damaged but we only put in items we are comfortable can stand the above treatment.

You can put other items in for dry cleaning and if you have a laundry ‘emergency’ (red wine on lacy white blouse) your butler will deal with it as a ‘special’ and liaise with the laundry about what help they can offer.

17 minutes ago, chemmo said:

(1) ...only put in items we are comfortable can stand the above treatment.

(2) ...if you have a laundry ‘emergency’ (red wine on lacy white blouse) 

(1) Good advice - THANKS!  (2) Is it THAT obvious? LOL!!