Back to back - different cruise lines (Celebrity then Royal)

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are taking a Celebrity cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale followed by a cruise on the Oasis leaving the same day the Celebrity cruise arrives.  Has anyone done this during the new testing requirements?  How do you think the testing would work?  My TA hasn't been able to get much of a response from Celebrity or Royal so I'm curious.

First cruise is October 29 - November 7.  Second cruise is November 7 to November 14.

Any advice would be very helpful.  Even advice not related to getting tested - like best ways to get from the Ft. Lauderdale port down to Port of Miami.

Thank you!

Before your Celebrity cruise try to book a test with CVS at one of their clinics in N. Miami on the way to Port of Miami.  CVS opens their appointments about 13 days in advance and there are several CVS Clinics who offer antigen tests.

Of course you would probably need to rent a car.  I suggest checking with Hertz because they will pick up at FTL and shuttle to their office and they then have a MIA office downtown on 2nd St with a shuttle to the port.  

We are doing several times the back and forth Port Everglades- MIA January through March of '22 and I've been doing a lot of researching.  There are no convenient CVS tests near Pt. Everglades.

I'm also planning on having the ABBOTTS BINAX TEST NOW AG with us "just in case."

17 hours ago, mattso_22 said:

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are taking a Celebrity cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale followed by a cruise on the Oasis leaving the same day the Celebrity cruise arrives.  Has anyone done this during the new testing requirements?  How do you think the testing would work?  My TA hasn't been able to get much of a response from Celebrity or Royal so I'm curious.

First cruise is October 29 - November 7.  Second cruise is November 7 to November 14.

Any advice would be very helpful.  Even advice not related to getting tested - like best ways to get from the Ft. Lauderdale port down to Port of Miami.

Thank you!

If you go to post 108 on the other b2b protocol started yesterday.   Royal states they will test you onboard first ship when consecutive cruises have another cruise booked within 3 days.  Celebrity should be able to test the last day of your cruise.  Just let customer service on the celebrity sailing know about your ship change.

As for getting from one port to the other, use Uber or taxi.  

Have fun!

Once on board either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean let them know you will be transferring to a "sister" line on disembarkation day.  They will then test you (complimentary) at the end of your first cruise, and provide the results that you will take with you to your next cruise.  They will do this as long as you are moving to the same cruise line (different ship on the same line) or to their "sister" line for the back-to-back next sailing.