Pacific Adventure dry dock:

3 hours ago, sewgood said:

I notice that on P&O's info in Porky55's post( #49 ) it gives the capacity in the number of lower berths not total beds.

While the information for the Golden gives it in passenger numbers.

This may make a difference in the berths though I'm not sure.

Usually the passenger numbers are quoted as 'lower berths'. Most cruise ships have some upper berths as well, but the quantity of these vary. Even when the ship has a lot of 4-berth cabins, they don't fill them all with four people. Ships are never totally full, even if every cabin has been sold - although usually there are a couple off cabins kept as spares for an emergency situation. In addition, cabins are not filled. The two of us have often ended up in a four-berth cabin and there are always a fair number of people travelling solo. That said, there is also a maximum number of people permitted to be on board due to the regulations of SOLAS (Safety of Life At Sea) regulations.

35 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Usually the passenger numbers are quoted as 'lower berths'. Most cruise ships have some upper berths as well, but the quantity of these vary. Even when the ship has a lot of 4-berth cabins, they don't fill them all with four people. Ships are never totally full, even if every cabin has been sold - although usually there are a couple off cabins kept as spares for an emergency situation. In addition, cabins are not filled. The two of us have often ended up in a four-berth cabin and there are always a fair number of people travelling solo. That said, there is also a maximum number of people permitted to be on board due to the regulations of SOLAS (Safety of Life At Sea) regulations.

Thanks Aus traveller, good to know that they won't fill every berth in peak times.

I personally would find Princess or ex Princess regular sized cabins too small for four people though my sister has done it without any trouble.

Just now, sewgood said:

Thanks Aus traveller, good to know that they won't fill every berth in peak times.

I personally would find Princess or ex Princess regular sized cabins too small for four people though my sister has done it without any trouble.

When our children were young we cruised in a five-berth cabin on the Fairstar. However, I would feel too cramped in a cabin with four adults.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 3:39 AM, Porky55 said:

Have a few more photos, compliments of P&O Aus book face page, love the indigenous themed carpets, artwork AND a lawn just like Celebrity 😆

Imitation is the cheapest form of flattery