Covid test - Winchester?

phabric

I am thinking ahead and hoping we don’t need the COVID test in May.

Canada is now in the green, with no quarantine but have to do a COVID test on day 2 on entrance into Britain.

We will be staying in Winchester for 3 nights (Tuesday-Thursday) and 1 night (Friday) in Southampton before our cruise on Saturday.

We would need to take a COVID test on Thursday as our arrival date Tuesday is 0 day that would also be used for the COVID test (72 hr) for the ship.

I don’t know which part of Britain is Winchester.  
They list providers for the 2 day test.

- North East, West Midlands, East Midlands, East of England, South West, South East, Greater London, Yorkshire & the Humber.

We will be staying in London 3 nights (Saturday-Monday).  Presently, Princess is offering a Covid test for our return to Canada.

Please help.

Edited by phabric

3 hours ago, phabric said:

Need any suggestions where to go for the test?  They list places but they don’t mean anything to me.

Google Maps is your friend: https://goo.gl/maps/Pjjg4bKJ5mDNHzvD9

Start with the Winchester map, then search for various locations listed and note which ones are closest. You can then perhaps contact your accommodation and ask which location would be the easiest to get to.

7 hours ago, phabric said:

Need any suggestions where to go for the test?  They list places but they don’t mean anything to me.

Probably south-east, but possibly south-west.

Post a link to the list(s) of places & we can point you to the most-convenient ones.

JB 🙂

30 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Probably south-east, but possibly south-west.

Post a link to the list(s) of places & we can point you to the most-convenient ones.

JB 🙂

hopefully this link will go through 

www.gov.uk

find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk

43 minutes ago, phabric said:

hopefully this link will go through 

www.gov.uk

find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk

Sorry, no; neither of these is actually a link. I tried putting the second one in a browser and got an error.

The USA is on the UK's Amber List.

I made some progress, but it needs someone brighter than me to chip in for a clinic to visit in or near Winchester.

Can anyone-else help ? 

I managed to figure the website, it's 

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type

From there click on "start now".

Click on "Day 2"  and "continue"

Click on "list of providers"

On Testing Method, scroll to "provider supervised on site" or try "self-swipe on-site". (If desperate could try "provider supervised at home" using hotel as "home" but that will require being there at an appointed time, or more likely a half-day or full-day, and will be expensive)

On Location scroll to South-East.

This is headed "61 providers" - but only 18 are listed ????

Now you'd think that there'd be a map, or anything "on-site" would lead with its location. But no, you need to click on all of 'em.

The first one in the south-east is 01Harley Street) doesn't mention any locations, but Harley Street is in central London and is the top place in the UK for private medical services, so £20 doesn't sound right, But in any case, it's central London

2nd on the list is 0044 Tests, in Kendal - Kendal is in the north-west, near the Scottish border 🙄.

Next is 0-100 Travel 19. No location is mentioned

Screen4.org doesn't mention test locations, but their address is in Barnsley. That's closer than Kendal, but not by much 🙄

The Regeneratrive Clinic has a testing site in Southampton 🙂. £65. But it doesn't quote the actual address, which "will be at our Southampton clinic address in your confirmation email". So you book, pay, and then you'll be told the address. 🙄.

The whole bureaucratic & user-unfriendly nonsense is typical of the UK Civil Service, and at this point I gave up on the list and tried googling.......................

https://www.goodbodyclinic.com/southampton-pharmacy-location?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&=utm_campaign=Southampton_Postcode_M&utm_ad=responsive&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4eq2os3T8gIVwrHtCh3b6wftEAAYASABEgLGmPD_BwE

This test is at Pharmacy Direct, a well-established & reputable chain of pharmacies, results from 9am next-day. But it's Southampton, not Winchester - and it's expensive at £129.

https://thewalcotepractice.co.uk/covid-19-test-to-release/ tests in Winchester . But even more expensive at £165. 

There are probably others by googling "Covid day 2 tests in Winchester", but you have to scroll past all the postal ones.

BUT your travel isn't until next May, and requirements / facilities will almost-certainly change before then.

I'd be inclined to wait until about March next year

JB 🙂

I really appreciate all your help.

I was trying to see what loops (since Canada is now in the green) we would have to go through to get into Britain for our 2 cruises.  Here in Toronto, Canada, you could go to a drugstore and take a Covid test.  With a Rapid test, you could get your results in 20 minutes.

I saw some self swipe tests sites that you mail in for the test results. They said results in 24 hours after they receive the test so that might be Saturday the day of the cruise which might be too late.

Hopefully by final payment in Feb that the entrance policies have changed.

Edited by phabric

8 hours ago, John Bull said:

This test is at Pharmacy Direct, a well-established & reputable chain of pharmacies, results from 9am next-day. But it's Southampton, not Winchester - and it's expensive at £129.

That one doesn’t seem to be offering a Day 2 Test service, just a standard PCR and a ‘Test to Release’ (Day 5)’   

Day 2 Tests have to be specifically so designated (they must be capable of sequencing).