Cruise Activity Restarts in San Diego

igraf

28 minutes ago, Moonlight Beach said:

We have tested at Kaiser twice previously for travel. Both times we received our results in less than 48 hours. We've also used UCSD (results in 18 hours) and CVS (results in 15 minutes) for back-up. Now the rapid antigen tests are basically nonexistent in San Diego and surrounding counties. We will use Kaiser again for our cruise in November and look for a facility that does the rapid antigen test.

I was hoping to get a response from someone who had tested with Kaiser.   Thanks for the information.  Kaiser testing sites are limited.  A CVS is nearby and I much prefer the 15 minute turnaround.  We are a month out from our cruise  and I hope the rapid antigen test is more available by then.  We can’t wait to get back on a ship!

Just an FYI. I am taking the Nov 7th cruise from San diego and visiting family before (lived there for 30 years) so I found this site off of Camino Del Rio that do rapid test for $99 and give you something you can summit to your Insurance Company if you want. They will also come to you for a fee (if you will not be renting a car) I have spoken to them and asked questions and they seem more than willing to answer any questions I have. the site is wetestu.com They also do the PCR test as well. Seem to be very responsive and you are able to book an appointment more than a month in advance. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 6:56 AM, igraf said:

The final milestone of the reopening in San Diego is the embarkation of HAL passengers.  This is scheduled to occur on Wednesday, Oct 6th, when the Nieuw Amsterdam reloads with passengers.  This will be followed afterwards by the Koningsdam later this month.

Here is the link to the San Diego port schedule, which was last updated Oct 3rd.  The October 10th restart of the Koningsdam remains a mystery.

https://pantheonstorage.blob.core.windows.net/maritime/Ship.pdf

igraf

Is there an update to this port schedule showing the Koningsdam now?

Found this...     Cruising into Fall | Port of San Diego

• October 2 to 5: Holland America’s Koningsdam will be at the B Street Cruise Ship Terminal for crew and operational support.
  • October 5: Disney Wonder will be in port for a passenger sailing.
  • October 6: Holland America’s Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled for its first passenger sailing out of San Diego since spring 2020.
  • October 8: Disney Wonder
  • October 10: Holland America's Koningsdam will be in port for its first sailing out of San Diego.
Edited by riverrat

12 hours ago, cate54 said:

Paganwoman

if you use this service, please come back and tell us how it was. 

Very interested. Could have them come to our hotel.

Thanks Cathy

We sail on Koningsdam Oct 10th, and have CVS rapid anti-gen appointments on friday.  If they get cancelled last minute (or maybe false positive), we will try out WeTestU and report back here.  Worst case scenario, we use Carbon Health at the SAN airport for I think $145 each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark71mark said:

We sail on Koningsdam Oct 10th, and have CVS rapid anti-gen appointments on friday.  If they get cancelled last minute (or maybe false positive), we will try out WeTestU and report back here.  Worst case scenario, we use Carbon Health at the SAN airport for I think $145 each.

I don't sail until next year but I found this testing site today. It seems to be about a mile from the cruise port in San Diego.  

https://www.covidclinic.org/san-diego/  

Edited by ImGoingFirst
Added link and Address
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is  a pic I took of Koningsdam and Disney Wonder both in port in San Diego yesterday.  Sorry that it isn't the greatest quality. I snapped it quickly while I was out on a jog yesterday morning.

20211005_085602.jpg

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 11:29 AM, oaktreerb said:

Kaiser will test for travel but I’m not comfortable that we will receive the results before we cruise.  We cruise on a Sunday so we would need to be tested on Friday.