Emerald Beach - Best Western?

LadyBerard

It's been a number of years since we've been to St. Thomas, but unless we would go to St. John's for the day, we would go to Emerald Beach.  I believe there was a Best Western that we would walk through and utilize their bar and get food there.  Is the Best Western still there or is it  under another name now?

Best Western left and the property is now the Emerald Beach Resort. Last I knew they still offered day passes with lounges/umbrellas and use of the restrooms, restaurant and beach bar but not the pool. They also still offered the use of a room for the day for an additional fee. You can contact them here with any inquiries - 

Emerald Beach Resort

8070 Lindbergh Bay, St.Thomas, USVI 00802
T: 
(340) 777-8800
E: reservations@emeraldbeach.com

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

So, if I want to utilize the bar, restaurant and beach in front of the resort, I have to get a day pass????  If that is the case, we will probably go to Sapphire.

Let me clarify…They rent lounge/umbrella rentals (and possibly rooms). You can use the public area of the beach and enjoy the restaurant and beach bar whether you are renting lounges, staying at the hotel, or just stopping in.
Same as at Sapphire, except there is a restaurant at the Emerald, and they rent umbrellas…Of course Sapphire is incredibly beautiful while Lindbergh is nice…

Edited by blue_water

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in St. Thomas early November 2021. We've been to Emerald beach in the past. Has anyone been recently, and is the bar/ restaurant open, umbrellas available....? Any and all information would be appreciated.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, KK847 said:

We will be in St. Thomas early November 2021. We've been to Emerald beach in the past. Has anyone been recently, and is the bar/ restaurant open, umbrellas available....? Any and all information would be appreciated.

We'll be there next week (10/7/21) and plan on going to Emerald Beach. We were there before the crap hit the fan, but we had a nice day there and enjoyed drinks at the bar. The loungers by the beach decent priced. We're the only ship in port, as far as I can see, so hopefully it won't be too crowded. Anyway, unless someone else answers, I'll update when we get back. 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:04 PM, KK847 said:

Emerald Beach Resort

8070 Lindbergh Bay, St.Thomas, USVI 00802
T: 
(340) 777-8800
E: reservations@emeraldbeach.com

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, KK847 said:

Please post back here and let us know about your experience!!

On 9/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, TYMAN said:

We'll be there next week (10/7/21) and plan on going to Emerald Beach. We were there before the crap hit the fan, but we had a nice day there and enjoyed drinks at the bar. The loungers by the beach decent priced. We're the only ship in port, as far as I can see, so hopefully it won't be too crowded. Anyway, unless someone else answers, I'll update when we get back. 

Can you provide any update from your visit in Oct?

18 hours ago, Suzyrn89 said:

Can you provide any update from your visit in Oct?

Hate to say it, but we stayed on the ship that day. Had a wonderful beach day in St Maarten the day before, so we just hung around the pool on the ship. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 9:46 AM, blue_water said:

Let me clarify…They rent lounge/umbrella rentals (and possibly rooms). You can use the public area of the beach and enjoy the restaurant and beach bar whether you are renting lounges, staying at the hotel, or just stopping in.
Same as at Sapphire, except there is a restaurant at the Emerald, and they rent umbrellas…Of course Sapphire is incredibly beautiful while Lindbergh is nice…

If I read your post correctly, there are no umbrellas to rent at Sapphire? Is that right?

59 minutes ago, diane.in.ny said:

If I read your post correctly, there are no umbrellas to rent at Sapphire? Is that right?

We’ve not been this year, I just know there were no umbrella rentals in past years when we were renting a condo there. There is a lot of natural shade to take advantage of so that is probably the reason…

Of course that may have changed and a recent visitor can confirm that…

7 minutes ago, blue_water said:

We’ve not been this year, I just know there were no umbrella rentals in past years when we were renting a condo there. There is a lot of natural shade to take advantage of so that is probably the reason…

Of course that may have changed and a recent visitor can confirm that…

But yes on chairs?

Yes on lounges, snorkel gear, and floating mats (last I knew). 
Chauncey reported in the Sapphire Beach thread that he was renting at Sapphire last week, maybe you can get the umbrella confirmation in that thread from him or from a recent day visitor…

Edited by blue_water

On 11/25/2021 at 12:31 PM, blue_water said:

Yes on lounges, snorkel gear, and floating mats (last I knew). 
Chauncey reported in the Sapphire Beach thread that he was renting at Sapphire last week, maybe you can get the umbrella confirmation in that thread from him or from a recent day visitor…

Clearly you did not read my posts.  I did not stay at Sapphire Beach last week. 

On 11/27/2021 at 12:11 PM, Chauncey Picklepants said:

Clearly you did not read my posts.  I did not stay at Sapphire Beach last week. 

My mistake, you just stopped in according to your post dated November 20…You had stayed there other times…Love your attitude! 🙉

“Sapphire Beach is piled high with sea grass.  I stopped in several times this week and was there yesterday.”