I may need my first future cruise credit/voucher

Sorry for another FCC question. I have read many threads on this topic but have not found the info I am looking for.

I have a feeling we will not be on the Expolrer Nov 7- 14 -21 cruises due to either RCCL cancel the cruises or been denied entry to the US from UK.

How does the FCV work for this booking  I can't remember what type of offer was on at the time to make the price difference  between the guests, we are both D+

Guest 1 $727 plus taxes and fees  $99.04 Guest 2  $245 plus taxes and fees of $99.04  for a hump balcony (2D). (great price we think)

My questions are Will we get 1 voucher or 2.  I understand that the taxes and fees are returned to credit card do the port taxes come back as a FCV or to the credit card.  Also if the next cruise has no offer eg BOGO,   50 or 60 off can the voucher be used to reduce the total cruise cost of 2 guests regardless of the offers.

Sorry for the confusing post.

We have consistently received one email, with both passengers listed separately for FCC. We each have our own FCC # for future bookings. However, when we applied the FCC to a future cruise, they applied across the entire booking. In other words, my FCC was more than my husband’s and more than covered my fare. The rest of my credit was applied to his.  

It is my understanding that the FCC cannot cover the port charges. Our next fare was higher, so that didn’t come into play for us.  Someone will correct me if this is wrong. 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

Thanks for the replies.  Does this mean the port taxes are refunded as a FCC but can't be used towards port taxes on a new cruise.

Port taxes and any packages are refunded to the original form of payment, us uh ally a credit card.

4 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Port taxes and any packages are refunded to the original form of payment, us uh ally a credit card.

Thanks for this information. on one of the three B2Bs this is the OTA breakdown.

RCI Resevation No. XXXXXXXXXXX    $202.00

Govt charges and fees                           $173.16

NCF                                                           $380.00

$50 OBC  RCI                                           $     0.00

$50 OBC  OTA                                          $     0.00

$50 OBC  Loyalty credit                          $     0.00

Total paid                                                  $755.16

Am I right in thinking that NCF charges are the Port fees. and the FCC would be for $202

Thanks to all

On 8/30/2021 at 9:15 AM, barbeyg said:

We have consistently received one email, with both passengers listed separately for FCC. We each have our own FCC # for future bookings. However, when we applied the FCC to a future cruise, they applied across the entire booking. In other words, my FCC was more than my husband’s and more than covered my fare. The rest of my credit was applied to his.  

It is my understanding that the FCC cannot cover the port charges. Our next fare was higher, so that didn’t come into play for us.  Someone will correct me if this is wrong. 🙂

Certainly do not mean to sidetrack the thread, but this raises a question.  Just this week we received first FCC, BUT it was only half the amount and only in wife’s name. 

Should I call looking for my half or wait to see if it arrives separately?

Eddie

16 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Certainly do not mean to sidetrack the thread, but this raises a question.  Just this week we received first FCC, BUT it was only half the amount and only in wife’s name. 

Should I call looking for my half or wait to see if it arrives separately?

Eddie

Eddie, I would check your email too. If you ever created an email with RCI, they may have sent yours separately to your email. Also check junk mail as well.  Yours should have both gone out at the same time.

12 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Eddie, I would check your email too. If you ever created an email with RCI, they may have sent yours separately to your email. Also check junk mail as well.  Yours should have both gone out at the same time.

Thanks, I’ll look into it today

Eddie

• Like 1

Worst case scenario, if you can't find it, reach out to RCI with your wife's FCC # and the reservation number.  They should be able to provide you your FCC #, which is the only additional piece of info you need anyway.  🙂

Edited by barbeyg