Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

It's been so long since I've sailed that I've forgotten - if I am currently in an oceanview room, which categories will I be able to place bids on? Will I see an offer for a spa balcony, perhaps? Or only for a regular balcony?

5 minutes ago, wolfpackgrl said:

Yes I was wondering something similar to the above question. 

Are Straight Balcony rooms ever given the opportunity to bid on the Haven rooms? 

Or worded in a different way which room levels are given the opportunity to bid on haven rooms? 

I've got balconies on 2 upcoming cruises and both have Haven bid options. Originally had an OV for my last cruise, no Haven options.

I got my bid accepted for the Encore was in a Haven Spa Suite went to H5 2 bedroom haven villa large balcony. Leave Sunday the 12th. Page was down yesterday and I thought I had lost out. Was back up this morning raised my bid by 10 dollars and got accepted 20 minutes later. Happy Birthday to me. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CRAustin said:

I got my bid accepted for the Encore was in a Haven Spa Suite went to H5 2 bedroom haven villa large balcony. Leave Sunday the 12th. Page was down yesterday and I thought I had lost out. Was back up this morning raised my bid by 10 dollars and got accepted 20 minutes later. Happy Birthday to me. 

Congrats and happy birthday!!

If you don’t mind sharing, what was your bid level? 

I was just doing my daily refresh (first) of the upgrades page and the Haven available cabins page and noticed the prices had dropped - a quick calculation showed the Fwd Haven Suite was within $100 of my bid so I was seriously considering a call to upgrade outside the bidding process... as I refreshed the upgrade page all my bids had changed to expired, except the Fwd Facing Haven Suite which was the one I was 'modifying'... it had changed to Processing. Yay!!!!!! this was the one I had decided I wanted the most and had made my bid 'mid-good' the rest were in the poor category... Super happy and now bouncing around my classroom... I really cannot wait and have to decide if I will tell my husband or not (probably will - he will wonder why I have stopped talking about it on the drive into work each day)...  oh - cruise is Breakaway on 19 December and I was in a Club Balcony Suite with Large Balcony... 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, tafawke said:

I was just doing my daily refresh (first) of the upgrades page and the Haven available cabins page and noticed the prices had dropped - a quick calculation showed the Fwd Haven Suite was within $100 of my bid so I was seriously considering a call to upgrade outside the bidding process... as I refreshed the upgrade page all my bids had changed to expired, except the Fwd Facing Haven Suite which was the one I was 'modifying'... it had changed to Processing. Yay!!!!!! this was the one I had decided I wanted the most and had made my bid 'mid-good' the rest were in the poor category... Super happy and now bouncing around my classroom... I really cannot wait and have to decide if I will tell my husband or not (probably will - he will wonder why I have stopped talking about it on the drive into work each day)...  oh - cruise is Breakaway on 19 December and I was in a Club Balcony Suite with Large Balcony... 

Congrats!

54 minutes ago, tafawke said:

IYay!!!!!! this was the one I had decided I wanted the most and had made my bid 'mid-good' the rest were in the poor category... Super happy and now bouncing around my classroom..

Congratulations!  You will love the Haven experience!  

1 hour ago, tafawke said:

I was just doing my daily refresh (first) of the upgrades page and the Haven available cabins page and noticed the prices had dropped - a quick calculation showed the Fwd Haven Suite was within $100 of my bid so I was seriously considering a call to upgrade outside the bidding process... as I refreshed the upgrade page all my bids had changed to expired, except the Fwd Facing Haven Suite which was the one I was 'modifying'... it had changed to Processing. Yay!!!!!!\

Congrats!! Teachers (and students!) deserve a break!! Do you happen to know how many Haven rooms were still available before the upgrades were processed?

20 minutes ago, jumbojem96 said:

Congrats!! Teachers (and students!) deserve a break!! Do you happen to know how many Haven rooms were still available before the upgrades were processed?

Sadly, I had lists that I was updating every day or so... so as of yesterday...

2 x Deluxe Owner's suite with Large Balcony

1 x Deluxe Owner's suite

12 x 2 Bedroom

0 x Haven Aft with Large Balcony

3 x Haven Aft

11 x Haven Courtyard

4 x Haven Forward Facing

5 x Haven Spa

4 x Haven Penthouse.

Total: 43

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

My bids for the 19th are still pending...  😞   Based on the post history we probably won't here much more for the 19th until Monday though.

That's why I was so surprised that mine came through today (my email came through an hour after I noticed it was processing and my e-docs are already updated as well).

21 hours ago, oteixeira said:

2 categories.  So Balcony can get to haven, oceanview can get to club suite, interior can get to balcony (If I remember correctly).

So would a spa balcony be available to bid on from an oceanview? Or would I just have balcony and club suite to possibly bid on?

It COULD be.  All of the following MIGHT be factored into which cabin types you can bid on.

1) Current cabin type
2) Current cabin occupancy
3) How much you paid for your current cabin
4) How many of your current cabin type  are already booked
5) How long ago you booked your current cabin
6) Availability of higher level cabins

As well as a few other factors.

47 minutes ago, tafawke said:

That's why I was so surprised that mine came through today (my email came through an hour after I noticed it was processing and my e-docs are already updated as well).

Oh man how silly and obnoxious of me.  I forgot to tell you congrats on the upgrade.  I say don't tell him, play it off.  of course if he is an "attention to detail" guy he will pick up on it once he sees the new luggage tagsa.

21 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Did your CC get charged already?

I used my Aus dollar CC, it was the only one without any current charges and enough credit should any of the Aft or DOS bids go through, so I haven't looked

9 hours ago, tinygrashopa said:

I was upgraded from regular balcony to the spa club balcony suite for the Bliss Dec. 12th sailing.  We have 3 adults in the room and paid a total of $640.00 for the upgrade.  Total win for me!! Whoop Whoop! 

We went from regular balcony to a Club Balcony Suite for $250 total on the same cruise.

• Like 1

Just got my upgrade email for the Breakaway on the Dec. 19th yesterday! Went from regular balcony to a spa balcony for $150 pp bid (poor bid haha). I'm excited as I was hoping to just get it for cheaper than the Spa passes. I'll take the $100! (and probably still spend it on board). I had actually called ncl the day before to see what it would cost to upgrade to a Spa Club Balcony, but at the time it was a whole $5 below what we paid, so they would've made us pay a penalty of $387. I think normally they just don't let you do that regardless but it sounded like they were making an "exception" and offering it because the difference was so low. I declined at the time but then called back yesterday to say just do it, and by then that cabin price had dropped to $60 below our original payment and they said hard no on letting us do the upgrade with penalty then. So, all in all, I'm glad I got the bid, because what I wanted most was the thermal suite. =D

• Like 3