Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

4 hours ago, jumbojem96 said:

Finally received the upgrade email, 12:24pm!

3 hours ago, b94race said:

I'm tempted to put a bit on a Haven from a Large balcony. They have it marked as "sale" but i don't know what that means or refers to. I don't quite get how it works...if your bid is accepted you only pay your bid x 2 ppl (we are 3 ppl in 1 room)?

Any help for a newbie bidder would be greatly appreciated. 

If it's marked as a sale, that just means they lowered the minimum bid offer that you can make. 

And yes, if your bid is accepted, you only pay the offer x2 (it's based on double occupancy) even if there are more people in the room.

I would bid! Chances are good with Covid ship capacity and cancellations. Also if your upgrade is accepted and you end up testing positive at the port, they refund it along with the rest of your FCC.

5 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

Is there something that I am missing so that I don't have to re-enter my credit card info if I update a bid?

Don't know, however last night updated one bid, didn't have to put in a cc info. Also made a new bid which needed a credit card info. Go figure....

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Don't know, however last night updated one bid, didn't have to put in a cc info. Also made a new bid which needed a credit card info. Go figure....

Okay, thanks.  I was actually adding a bid on a different stateroom; I have not tried updating a bid I already made.

Wife and I will be on the Joy this Saturday, Jan 8 and booked a bb balcony. Yesterday, just for the heck I put in a bid of $20 p.p to upgrade to a Club Suite so we could have the bigger bathroom. Bingo, my bid got accepted. We were given a Club Suite in the middle of the ship. Very happy.

• Like 3

I'm sailing on the Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean 10 night February 28th.

I just received an upgrade offer yesterday. We are currently booked in an aft facing club balcony suite and I'm perfectly content with my cabin. However, I went ahead and put in some minimal bids for upgrades to a penthouse. The ship is small and they currently only show about 7 penthouses available, but oddly, there are quite a few two bedroom family suites and most of the Haven suites available. 

I'm hoping that maybe the penthouse folks will upgrade to the Haven suites and open up some of the penthouses. Who knows? I seriously doubt we'll get one, and the suite is not really that much larger, but the butler and concierge service and the other perks that go along with it make it worth it if we could get it.

The opening bids are actually pretty high in my opinion. 450 minimum for a penthouse upgrade, 650 minimum for a two bedroom family, and The Haven suites start at 1200 and go up from there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ragdoll39 said:

I'm sailing on the Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean 10 night February 28th.

I just received an upgrade offer yesterday. We are currently booked in an aft facing club balcony suite and I'm perfectly content with my cabin. However, I went ahead and put in some minimal bids for upgrades to a penthouse. The ship is small and they currently only show about 7 penthouses available, but oddly, there are quite a few two bedroom family suites and most of the Haven suites available. 

I'm hoping that maybe the penthouse folks will upgrade to the Haven suites and open up some of the penthouses. Who knows? I seriously doubt we'll get one, and the suite is not really that much larger, but the butler and concierge service and the other perks that go along with it make it worth it if we could get it.

The opening bids are actually pretty high in my opinion. 450 minimum for a penthouse upgrade, 650 minimum for a two bedroom family, and The Haven suites start at 1200 and go up from there.

We're on the same sailing (hopefully, if things calm down).  We are in a club balcony suite. I agree with you,  I was surprised at the upgrade offers.  I thought they were rather high also.   The last few cruises we were on,  minimum bid of $500-650  would get you in the haven. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 7:05 AM, kenzie said:

I find it frustrating that when travelling with more than 1 cabin as family, it is not practical to enter a bid in case one gets upgraded to Haven and the other does not. 

This is exactly why the system will not work for us too, which is crazy, because we could pay for 2 upgrades at once, but would prefer to be located near each other…or be able to move the 2 cabins into 1 suite cabin with no hassles.

Looking for a bit of advice on my bid. Currently in an Aft Penthouse next month on the Bliss. There's a DOS still available to book for almost $20K. Only 6 Haven rooms are open, so I assume more than a couple of people will be bidding on the DOS. My bid range is from $800 - $2,100, with a $1,500 bid landing right in the middle of the good range.

Here's where I need help. If I just go ahead and throw the max bid in now, it seems like they have been getting creative with ways to maximize revenue. I'm afraid they just go ahead and move the max to a higher amount, or they send the "you've been outbid" emails to everyone else that bid. Anyone have experience with this?

24 minutes ago, adamnoone said:

Has anyone won their upgrade bids for this coming weekend?

~Adam

Some relatives who we are meeting on the cruise won an upgrade on the Escape from a Haven balcony to a 2 bedroom Haven.  Their bid was slightly above minimum.  I am in a regular balcony cabin and put in conservative bids for a club cabin and a few bids for the less expensive haven cabins.  They are still active bids.

They won their bid two days ago.  When I checked mine, I thought that I possibly won the club balcony because my other bids showed expired and the club showed pending.  But when I checked later that day, everything turned back to normal.

Edited by TNcruising02

I am on the Epic in February in a category M4 Club Balcony with 4 people.

The other day I got my upgrade email and most of the cabins they offered, we can't fit in as they can only hold 2.

Cabins for up to two 

Haven Spa Suite H9- $600-$2100

Haven Courtyard Penthouse HF $600-$2100

Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse HC $600-$2100

Cabins for up to three

Spa Club Balcony: $125-$450

Options for 4+ people 

Haven 2BD Family Villa H6 -$800-$3200

Haven DSO H2 $1100-$3600

The Haven 2 Bedroom is currently selling for $3700 above my cabin price and the Haven DSO is $8850 above my cabin price.   

Edited by ktpc2005

I guess I typed too soon!  We won an upgrade from a regular balcony cabin to a haven courtyard penthouse with balcony  with a bid slightly above minimum. ($610 per person)  Our cabin is on deck 18, which is the same deck our friends are on.  So yay!

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I guess I typed too soon!  We won an upgrade from a regular balcony cabin to a haven courtyard penthouse with balcony  with a bid slightly above minimum. ($610 per person)  Our cabin is on deck 18, which is the same deck our friends are on.  So yay!

ship/saildate? and YAY for you! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

ship/saildate? and YAY for you! 

We sail on the 15th on the Escape.  We are cheap, so have never paid for the Haven.  LOL.  I told our friends that the only way we are getting a Haven cabin is if we win a conservative upgrade.  I guess now is the time.  The one advantage to sailing right now.

• Like 2

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

We sail on the 15th on the Escape.  We are cheap, so have never paid for the Haven.  LOL.  I told our friends that the only way we are getting a Haven cabin is if we win a conservative upgrade.  I guess now is the time.  The one advantage to sailing right now.

We are cheap as well HAHA...but recently, I've had a more YOLO approach on life, so might be sailing in the Haven more if I enjoy my first time enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

We are cheap as well HAHA...but recently, I've had a more YOLO approach on life, so might be sailing in the Haven more if I enjoy my first time enough. 

That's the problem! haha.  But if I really like it, I might still gamble on getting an upgrade email and bidding.  I saved a lot of money, but i know it's just because there are probably a lot of empty cabins on my cruise this coming weekend.

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

That's the problem! haha.  But if I really like it, I might still gamble on getting an upgrade email and bidding.  I saved a lot of money, but i know it's just because there are probably a lot of empty cabins on my cruise this coming weekend.

or last minute booking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ktpc2005 said:

I am on the Epic in February in a category M4 Club Balcony with 4 people.

The other day I got my upgrade email and most of the cabins they offered, we can't fit in as they can only hold 2.

Cabins for up to two 

Haven Spa Suite H9- $600-$2100

Haven Courtyard Penthouse HF $600-$2100

Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse HC $600-$2100

Cabins for up to three

Spa Club Balcony: $125-$450

Options for 4+ people 

Haven 2BD Family Villa H6 -$800-$3200

Haven DSO H2 $1100-$3600

The Haven 2 Bedroom is currently selling for $3700 above my cabin price and the Haven DSO is $8850 above my cabin price.   

We got the exact same offers as you. Same situation four of us, have no idea why they would even let you make an offer on rooms that you don’t meet the occupancy for. We are traveling Jan 16th on Epic so I’ll let you know how our bids pan out after they are accepted or rejected. 

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I sailed in the Haven once, and I loved it.  But I guess I'm cheap, too, in that I never bid particularly high for an upgrade, and so I haven't had one since!  Still....I'm more than happy in a balcony.  Just give me a book and a cocktail and a chance to sit outside, no land in sight, communing with the flying fish below, and I'm a happy girl.  

• Like 3