Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

1 hour ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Log into your account and check your room number. Mine changed 2 hours before I got the email.

Still have my original cabin and still have the opportunity to upgrade, LOL!  There are 4 2BRs with Large Balcony available, so I'll just keep waiting patiently.😁

12 minutes ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

Still have my original cabin and still have the opportunity to upgrade, LOL!  There are 4 2BRs with Large Balcony available, so I'll just keep waiting patiently.😁

Another way of know is the credit card you have on file.  Mine is an AMX and on my phone I have Apple Pay.  If anything is ever charged to my AMX, I will know right away.  It hits your credit card before they even change your cabin #.  Now remember, you will only save a few minutes but I thought I would add in my two cents. 

Cruise well

• Like 1

We have booked from the UK via a travel agent so didnt get the opportunity to be able to bid for an upgrade (unless I missed something) My agent spent yesterday and the day before on the phone trying to see if it was possible to upgrade from the 2bed family to the Haven 2 bed family. We told her our limit was around the £1000 mark.

She called back this morning and has managed to get us upgraded and they are refunding us £708 as the price is now cheaper than we originally paid!!!!!

• Like 5

Im new to this upgrade process on NCL. I sail March 13. I got an email last week about Bidding to Upgrade, and it had "promo" in red next to the original price, then a new (lower price in red). I went to bid on my phone, but kept getting a "system error message." The next day I went back on my laptop and Red Promo Price was gone. 😞 Is it anyones experience that they ever bring back those promos as a last ditch effort? 

We are travelling on the Breakaway on March 13th in an Aft Facing Club Balcony Suite.  We received our first invitation to upgrade in January.  Bid $605pp (low/mid poor) in late Jan. to upgrade to Haven Courtyard. 

Two weeks ago I contacted our TA and was quoted $1,025pp by NCL to pay outright for the Haven Courtyard.  Decided to wait. 

This morning I was looking at Haven prices, and they had dropped.  Went to my TA one hour ago and paid $417pp, for the confirmed upgrade. 

When I got back from the TA I checked the bid upgrade site, and the lowest amount you could bid for the Haven Courtyard was $825pp!

Edited by ajameem1991
added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I can say I upgraded from balcony to forward facing haven penthouse in December and it was 900 PP. balcony to haven is a higher starting bid then say from Forward facing Haven to 2 bedroom 

That makes sense. The starting bid on this one was $500 but I bid much higher since they had already awarded me two upgrades in the past three months. I figured my chances were slimmer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ajameem1991 said:

We are travelling on the Breakaway on March 13th in an Aft Facing Club Balcony Suite.  We received our first invitation to upgrade in January.  Bid $605pp (low/mid poor) in late Jan. to upgrade to Haven Courtyard. 

Two weeks ago I contacted our TA and was quoted $1,025pp by NCL to pay outright for the Haven Courtyard.  Decided to wait. 

This morning I was looking at Haven prices, and they had dropped.  Went to my TA one hour ago and paid $417pp, for the confirmed upgrade. 

When I got back from the TA I checked the bid upgrade site, and the lowest amount you could bid for the Haven Courtyard was $825pp!

AMAZE! Now how can I do the same!!!!???

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Quick question, how soon are your rooms ready when booked in a haven suite on embarkation 

Usually, 1:00 PM.  Remember you can drop your carry on off the moment you get on board. That is a Haven Perk.

Cruise well.

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

do they still have 'the talk' immediately upon embarking in the haven lounge? assuming we can drop bags before the chat?

No all the time. I would go the the Haven Courtyard, then my suite to drop off. 

Cruise well. 

15 minutes ago, texas poker said:

Has anyone on the Joy tomorrow heard about their bids?

I have not.  The Haven is showing as sold out, and has been as of last night.  That happened a couple of times in days prior, but this is the first time that it stuck.  I would assume at this point that they have assigned all of the cabins, though I still have the opportunity to make a new bid or modify my current bid.  It definitely makes you wonder.  I never expected to get the upgrade (bid $370pp for a 2BR large balcony from a Haven penthouse), so I'm not disappointed.  It would be my luck that now that the tags are printed, attached, and I'm on my way to the airport, that I get an e-mail, LOL!

25 minutes ago, texas poker said:

Has anyone on the Joy tomorrow heard about their bids?

I have been studying this for weeks now.  Tuesday, most of the bids were completed.  I saw one Haven Suite available on Thursday. This timing has happened several times especially on the Joy.  My cruise is 19th.  If I don't get upgraded on the Tuesday before, "Game Over".  

Allow me to add, I am a solo traveler in a Club Suite.  The Majority of my bids are $700.00 which means $1,400.00 to me.  My odds are low even at $700.00.

Cruise well

16 hours ago, ajameem1991 said:

It was also cheaper for my husband and I to upgrade ourselves for our Joy cruise last month.   Not only saved us money, but saved me weeks of stressing over it.    Enjoy your new cabin and cruise!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

It was also cheaper for my husband and I to upgrade ourselves for our Joy cruise last month.   Not only saved us money, but saved me weeks of stressing over it.    Enjoy your new cabin and cruise!

Us too just this past Tuesday due to price drops... piad a fraction of the lowest upgrade bid they offered me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Us too just this past Tuesday due to price drops... piad a fraction of the lowest upgrade bid they offered me.

And the other good thing about upgrading directly (if the pricing is in your favor) rather than going through the bidding process is the ability to select your cabin.  The downside is that perks could possibly be affected.

Edited by lgdesign
  • Like 4

I have bids in for both Haven 2 BRs and DOS (sold out). The non-NCL booking site Gary checks is showing 10 total available 2 BRs (6 large balcony and 4 reg).  The reduced rates are still more than double my bids, and I’m surprised there are so many suites still left, given it’s spring break. I’m keeping my bids where they are and crossing my fingers on this one. I’m already in the Haven for the cruise next week, so I will patiently wait until Wednesday and be happy either way. I’m kind of enjoying the bidding process, and given how low the fare was for my current Haven suite, I can’t help but be happy even if I don’t win. 

25 minutes ago, JustSomeLady said:

I have bids in for both Haven 2 BRs and DOS (sold out). The non-NCL booking site Gary checks is showing 10 total available 2 BRs (6 large balcony and 4 reg).  The reduced rates are still more than double my bids, and I’m surprised there are so many suites still left, given it’s spring break. I’m keeping my bids where they are and crossing my fingers on this one. I’m already in the Haven for the cruise next week, so I will patiently wait until Wednesday and be happy either way. I’m kind of enjoying the bidding process, and given how low the fare was for my current Haven suite, I can’t help but be happy even if I don’t win. 

The H2 Owner suite is still available.  My upgrade bid for it was a min of $1500 per person.  I am solo so $3000 if accepted. I passed on that. 

There is one lower priced Haven suite also.  I hope we both get lucky.

Cruise well.

• Like 2