Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

47 minutes ago, TominNC said:

Thanks.  We sail this Sunday.  We're withing 48 hours but they haven't accepted or rejected.

Did you check to see if there are any Haven cabins left on your sailing? If so you still have a chance and even if not you still have a chance of someone not making the sailing.

sailing 2/27 decided to call them and they upgraded me to a 2 bedroom for less than i had bid on the suite so it was easy for me to accept the offer. Now my list shows only the owners suite as a bid option but ill be sticking with the 2 bedroom just to try haven for the first time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rkennedy553 said:

sailing 2/27 decided to call them and they upgraded me to a 2 bedroom for less than i had bid on the suite so it was easy for me to accept the offer. Now my list shows only the owners suite as a bid option but ill be sticking with the 2 bedroom just to try haven for the first time

Which ship and how much did you bid?

21 minutes ago, mmgibbs7 said:

Did you check to see if there are any Haven cabins left on your sailing? If so you still have a chance and even if not you still have a chance of someone not making the sailing.

How wouls I do that?

1 hour ago, rkennedy553 said:

Was the price the same as online?

19 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

one week until we fly to san juan and minimum upgrade not accepted yet.  

2 bdrm haven just dropped $700pp on ncl.com and there is about a dozen still available.  keep hope alive? 

I see what you mean didnt get it originally yes it dropped big time that why i called and booked i hope i like the room only ever had spa balcony and balcony before

Edited by rkennedy553

Just now, Lionkingrichard said:

Not always. Call, it won't cause any harm.

NCL online for 2 bedroom was $2,000.00 more and they wouldn't budge on price.

Bid $625x2 and won. Your results may vary!

That’s awesome! I know it isn’t always cheaper, just throwing out another option. For my cruise in May it was cheaper to just call for the upgrade, but yeah, previous cruise  to, so put in a bid and also won! Either way, happy to be on a cruise 😀

3 hours ago, rkennedy553 said:

Epic and i had bid 600 pp I think the upgrade outright was 545 pp.....and yes cheaper than the online outright booking price 

Thanks.  I’ve got a minimum bid in so we’ll see how it goes.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 9:49 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

one week until we fly to san juan and minimum upgrade not accepted yet.  

2 bdrm haven just dropped $700pp on ncl.com and there is about a dozen still available.  keep hope alive? 

Well i miscalculated, looks like 19 two bdrm family villas available seven days before embarkation.  

Still sitting on minimum bid $400.  Debated calling yesterday but chat feature said no use calling have to let online bid process play out.  Hmmmmmm.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Well i miscalculated, looks like 19 two bdrm family villas available seven days before embarkation.  

Still sitting on minimum bid $400.  Debated calling yesterday but chat feature said no use calling have to let online bid process play out.  Hmmmmmm.....

In the same boat as you.  Will be interesting to see if our bids are accepted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

That's great that there are so many staterooms still available for you!  My cruise is still 21 days out and there are only 4 2-bedroom family villa with large balcony left.  I have a strong bid placed but am worried it won't even be an option.  I also have a bid in on the DOS but that is showing sold out at this point.  My only other consideration is calling and just paying the upgrade for the Haven aft facing penthouse with large balcony as it would cost about the same as my bid on the 2-bedroom.  

Good luck on your bid!  Hopefully you'll hear soon!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, teachinginhawaii said:

That's great that there are so many staterooms still available for you!  My cruise is still 21 days out and there are only 4 2-bedroom family villa with large balcony left.  I have a strong bid placed but am worried it won't even be an option.  I also have a bid in on the DOS but that is showing sold out at this point.  My only other consideration is calling and just paying the upgrade for the Haven aft facing penthouse with large balcony as it would cost about the same as my bid on the 2-bedroom.  

Good luck on your bid!  Hopefully you'll hear soon!

What ship are you on in 21 days.  When did you get the email to bid?  Thank you for your assistance.

Cruise well.

38 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

What ship are you on in 21 days.  When did you get the email to bid?  Thank you for your assistance.

Cruise well.

Hi Gary

We booked our cruise 1/18/22 for Joy 3/19/22-We got our first email(of many since) to upgrade  2/3/22 and one every day after that. We are booked in a HI. hope this helps you-Look foward to meeting you-We will cruise well together🤩-Tequila will help!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Cruise well.

We're on the Bliss in 21 days (3/13 Mexican Riviera).  We got the email invitation to bid on November 14.  Even though there were rooms available in all Haven categories (except the Haven spa room), we could only bid on a 2-bedroom family villa, a 2-bedroom family villa with large balcony, and the DOS.  I was hoping to bid on the aft facing penthouse with large balcony but it didn't come up as an option. We're only interested in the staterooms with a large balcony as we plan on spending most our time on loungers (with good book and a good drink in hand).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, teachinginhawaii said:

We're on the Bliss in 21 days (3/13 Mexican Riviera).  We got the email invitation to bid on November 14.  Even though there were rooms available in all Haven categories (except the Haven spa room), we could only bid on a 2-bedroom family villa, a 2-bedroom family villa with large balcony, and the DOS.  I was hoping to bid on the aft facing penthouse with large balcony but it didn't come up as an option. We're only interested in the staterooms with a large balcony as we plan on spending most our time on loungers (with good book and a good drink in hand).

That is very interesting.  I was attempting to book a Club Balcony Suite and have the upgrade email hit me right a way.  I guess that is not their system.  Hell of an idea though.  I guess I will get the email in the next week or so.  Learning experience for me.  

Cruise well.

On 2/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, UDChE89 said:

In the same boat as you.  Will be interesting to see if our bids are accepted.

Looks like 17-18 left with 6 days to go! 

I called and ncl said had to call my TA.  Too big a hassle with 2nd free air not offered now +getting cruise next certs reissued. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

That is very interesting.  I was attempting to book a Club Balcony Suite and have the upgrade email hit me right a way.  I guess that is not their system.  Hell of an idea though.  I guess I will get the email in the next week or so.  Learning experience for me.  

Cruise well.

You can use: https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

to check your reservation for upgrade eligibility.  I booked on 1/26 for an April cruise and was able to see upgrade possibilities within a day or so of making my final payment (early Feb), even though I still haven't gotten an email about upgrading.

• Like 1