Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

35 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Looks like 17-18 left with 6 days to go! 

I called and ncl said had to call my TA.  Too big a hassle with 2nd free air not offered now +getting cruise next certs reissued. 

I called today and was able to get 2BR Haven for less than my bid so went for it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does the type of room you initially booked make any difference in how high you should bid? 

We are in an Aft-Facing Club Balcony Suite, and are trying for anything at all in the Haven. 

Can we bid lower because they are likely going to be able to resell our room to someone else?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krazy Kat said:

Has anyone received upgrades this week?  I depart on Sunday (27th) and am anxiously waiting!

Just got an upgrade less than an hour ago from a Balcony to a Family Balcony Suite at $100pp.  My bids for the Haven were not accepted.  I’m departing on the Epic on the 27th.

Edited by UDChE89

6 hours ago, Krazy Kat said:

Has anyone received upgrades this week?  I depart on Sunday (27th) and am anxiously waiting!

I have a group of friends on the 2/27 epic one got a upgrade from balcony to haven spa suite from club balcony 600pp....another same ship from aft haven to owners suite 875 pp  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bones774 said:

I just went to upgrade plus web page and it states my min bid was "pending", is that positive or are they all saying same?

thanks

That's what it always says until/unless you get an upgrade, or upgrade is no longer possible, or they are processing your awarded upgrade.  It means nothing, other than you have made a bid.

Two questions for those fortunate to get an upgrade to a Haven Suite.  My understanding is the upgrade bids start happening 14 days prior to leaving.  Has anyone been approved farther out?

Under two of my bids it says in RED "Pricing above reflects a discount. Act fast! Promotion valid until Mar 18, 2022."  What does this mean different then a normal bid?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kpark895 said:

That's what it always says until/unless you get an upgrade, or upgrade is no longer possible, or they are processing your awarded upgrade.  It means nothing, other than you have made a bid.

Page went from pending to processing. Is that good?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcscv said:

Boy, what a nail biter waiting for upgrade information is!  I found out this afternoon, I've been upgraded from an inside room to a Spa Balcony room for my cruise this Sunday on Bliss.  So excited!!!!

May I ask what you bid and when you placed the bid?

We sail on the Breakaway March 13 and I am considering putting in a bid for an upgrade from a regular balcony to a spa.  It's not a make or break thing for me, so I haven't placed it yet.  But, I am tempted.  Looks like the starting bids are at $65/pp.

7 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

My understanding is the upgrade bids start happening 14 days prior to leaving.  Has anyone been approved farther out?

I am not sure the 14 days prior is to be relied upon.  I have never received an upgrade prior to 7 days from departure (this included both Haven and and various balcony bids).  From what I have read over the past few years on upgrading, folks who have bid in the high range may get their upgrades early - NCL wants to lock the $$$ in.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Two questions for those fortunate to get an upgrade to a Haven Suite.  My understanding is the upgrade bids start happening 14 days prior to leaving.  Has anyone been approved farther out?

Under two of my bids it says in RED "Pricing above reflects a discount. Act fast! Promotion valid until Mar 18, 2022."  What does this mean different then a normal bid?

They lowered the bid because the inventory is too high

On the Getaway for 2/27 they did that for the DOS and the 2 bedroom.  I did initially bid for the DOS but then cancelled it.  I went back in the next day and noticed that the RED discount was no longer there. 
It was significant.  I believe my initial bid started at $600 a person.  When I went back in, I think it was $1500.  I don't know about the 2 bedroom.

From what I have seen people getting bids accepted, it's been just a few days before the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, teachinginhawaii said:

I'm wondering this as well.  Earlier today I could go in and see the open staterooms but now they all say "Not Available".  Anyone know anything about that status?

What are you looking at here?  This looks like the NCL web site, not the upgrade site.

Maybe Sold Out means just that but Not Available means there were some open but they are not able to be booked while they process the upgrade bids?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

What are you looking at here?  This looks like the NCL web site, not the upgrade site.

Maybe Sold Out means just that but Not Available means there were some open but they are not able to be booked while they process the upgrade bids?

Not available is showing for me on the cabins that my party is too large for.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MaryZ said:

They lowered the bid because the inventory is too high

On the Getaway for 2/27 they did that for the DOS and the 2 bedroom.  I did initially bid for the DOS but then cancelled it.  I went back in the next day and noticed that the RED discount was no longer there. 
It was significant.  I believe my initial bid started at $600 a person.  When I went back in, I think it was $1500.  I don't know about the 2 bedroom.

From what I have seen people getting bids accepted, it's been just a few days before the cruise. 

was the h2 available when you put in the bid. both categories of DOS are sold out the past month on my getaway 3/6 but i still bid pretty high on the h2. would be nice.  both categories were available to bid on. im in 2br so those are my only options to bid on

19 hours ago, teachinginhawaii said:

I'm wondering this as well.  Earlier today I could go in and see the open staterooms but now they all say "Not Available".  Anyone know anything about that status?

Due to my recent experience booking last minute, here is my 2c on what it means. The NA cabins are ones people are looking on online or have some sort of a hold on. then it takes a hot minute (or hot hours) for the website to "recalibrate" the inventory

This is just my speculation based on me clicking a category to look at pricing and available rooms, and then refreshing the page to find that "NA" on that specific category. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

also note my TA told me haven cabins can only be hold for 1 hour these days. unsure if thats a covid thing or was in effect before

My TA said after final payment, you can't really even hold them for more than 15 minutes. But I think the website takes a while to update back to the current inventory. My advice: if there isn't a lot of inventory on the category you want and don't want to place a automatic 15 min hold/make the cabin go to "NA" status, DO NOT CLICK ALL THE WAY THROUGH, otherwise  your booking agent won't be able to also grab the room, especially if you think there are only one or two rooms left in that category. It's annoying but I learned the hard way SEVERAL times. I had to wait about 2-3 hrs for the room to appear back on the website. I was super careful then, didn't click all the way through and my TA was able to get the cabin

I included a picture to show you the point where you need to stop and not go any further

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 12.13.25 PM.png