Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

My friend and I are in solo cabins on the Prima which sails in 6 weeks.  We've put upgrade bids (poor/fair range) in for balcony and spa balcony rooms.   Based on mock bookings, this ship isn't a sell out - still 8 studios and 30+ Oceanview, 8 Spa Balconies , 50+ inside cabins and 90+ Balconies.  If they have this many rooms open, are they likely to accept your offers (even low ones)?  

Also there are Oceanview rooms on the upgrade bid list - of course we'd prefer a balcony but not sure if we have bids on a few different types how they determine which of your bids to accept if all of them are in the fair range?  Is it better to wait until a week prior to cruise to put a bid in Oceanview to see if balcony gets accepted?

7 minutes ago, skatie said:

My friend and I are in solo cabins on the Prima which sails in 6 weeks.  We've put upgrade bids (poor/fair range) in for balcony and spa balcony rooms.   Based on mock bookings, this ship isn't a sell out - still 8 studios and 30+ Oceanview, 8 Spa Balconies , 50+ inside cabins and 90+ Balconies.  If they have this many rooms open, are they likely to accept your offers (even low ones)?  

Also there are Oceanview rooms on the upgrade bid list - of course we'd prefer a balcony but not sure if we have bids on a few different types how they determine which of your bids to accept if all of them are in the fair range?  Is it better to wait until a week prior to cruise to put a bid in Oceanview to see if balcony gets accepted?

They can start accepting bids anytime and they can also stop.

What you don't know is how many other people bid. If no other bids than yes they will accept fair or even poor.

If others bid identical they may look at who bid first.

You will pay double if accepted 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skatie said:

That doesn't establish how many cabins remain.  The issue is this:  you can't determine how many guaranteed cabins have been reserved since those rooms have not been assigned.  For example, you mock booking shows 8 studios but  unknowable to  you is the fact that there are 6 guarantees sold. Therefore only 2 studios remain.

• Like 1

Booked on the Spirit Hawaii to Alaska departing April 24-May 10. 

This itinerary requires a lot of planning and a good chunk of time off, for those who still work for a living. 🙂 

Any ideas or theories as to a) how likely it is that it will be at full capacity, and b) chances of upgrading from balcony to suite higher or lower than a standard 7-day cruise? 

I could see arguments made in either direction! Curious what other folks think. 

9 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

Booked on the Spirit Hawaii to Alaska departing April 24-May 10. 

This itinerary requires a lot of planning and a good chunk of time off, for those who still work for a living. 🙂 

Any ideas or theories as to a) how likely it is that it will be at full capacity, and b) chances of upgrading from balcony to suite higher or lower than a standard 7-day cruise? 

I could see arguments made in either direction! Curious what other folks think. 

Did the Spirit last October for the Alaska to Hawaii segment. 16 days.

Ship was full, there are only 18 suites I think. Chances of getting one of them , near zero as it's a long Cruise.

They lowered the price till it was a joke to fill the ship. We had a Balcony using points for $1210 total for two of us if my memory is correct.

We did get to bid but it was in case someone cancels. We bid max on everything we could to no avail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greener123 said:

Is there a specific time window that upgrade bid become available, checking on the NCL app when going to cabin upgrades it says my booking isn’t found even though it shows fully everywhere else?

Don't use the app. Use a desktop or laptop.

We are staying in an Aft Haven Suite for our Joy Cruise April 8th, Haven now sold out but price drops for the rest of the cabins. Friend are cruising with us currently have a bid from inside to Balcony....looking good for there bid since the price drop. If anyone hears about April 8th bids being accepted would love to hear

13 hours ago, INKY19 said:

I got a email today saying our bid was being reviewed our cruise leaves Saturday 

Has anyone who received a email like this before does this mean I have a good chance of being upgraded???

It means you did not win an upgrade but they are keeping you on the hook for last minute cancellations. I have bid max in the past and received that email to have nothing happen.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:33 AM, oracer said:

I am going on the Pearl 7 day cruise in May 2023 to Bermuda. We got an inside room. We are hoping to upgrade to balcony. Any recently on the smaller ships been upgraded?  I think in March we will get the notices, but wanted to see if success would be and the fair or lower price would work. Thanks!!!

I am on the same cruise in April, also inside, LITERALLY IN THE SAME BOAT 😜 but I am hesitant to upgrade because my room while inside, has an ok location. If I upgrade to a balcony thats under a pool deck or some other noisy venue - is that really an upgrade? 😏 I am new to NCL, so I may not know everything, any input is appreciated here. 

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but I have an upgrade question.

I have booked 3 cabins 50 days till sail date - 2bedroom suite with a connecting mini-suite and the next door mini-suite with a total of 8 passengers.

I got an email today with upgrade offers.  I'd like to bid on the 3 bedroom Garden Villa just for sh*ts and giggles because the cruise shows sold out.

I would want to fold all 3 of the rooms above into the Garden Villa for the upgrade.  Is this permissible and should I just call and tell them this is a desire and how much I'm willing to pay to upgrade?  If I bid, on the Garden Villa - is it per person - I have 3 booked in the 2 bedroom suite, so would my bid be X3, or X2?

Thanks for any insight!

After doing more reading I see where the bidding process has eliminated the possibility of folding 3 rooms into 1.  You'd think they would want the other 2 rooms to put back into inventory to make even MORE money by re-selling them.

I would just upgrade mine and then the other 2 rooms would go unused if everyone slept in the GV - and why wouldn't they????  The extra people wouldn't get the perks, which that's fine, they don't get them now either being in mini-suites.

I think I let my emotions get the best of me thinking how great it would be if all 8 of us could be together with the same perks.  I see now, that is a VERY low possibility.  😊

I think I'll throw in a bid and know I won't get it but that way I can dream each night of how wonderful it could be since there IS at least a .0000000001% chance of it happening.🤣

Thanks!!!

13 hours ago, 4forCruiseN said:

Anyone taking the Encore out of Miami Sunday? I’m curious if any bids have been excepted. Also, how do you check availability of the Owners Suite and 2 room suites?

We are on this cruise and have not had our bid accepted. Still says pending.

6 hours ago, kismetique said:

After doing more reading I see where the bidding process has eliminated the possibility of folding 3 rooms into 1.  You'd think they would want the other 2 rooms to put back into inventory to make even MORE money by re-selling them.

I would just upgrade mine and then the other 2 rooms would go unused if everyone slept in the GV - and why wouldn't they????  The extra people wouldn't get the perks, which that's fine, they don't get them now either being in mini-suites.

I think I let my emotions get the best of me thinking how great it would be if all 8 of us could be together with the same perks.  I see now, that is a VERY low possibility.  😊

I think I'll throw in a bid and know I won't get it but that way I can dream each night of how wonderful it could be since there IS at least a .0000000001% chance of it happening.🤣

Thanks!!!

Your issue would be final.payment and penalty.

You are bidding on your own booking, not multiple ones.

22 hours ago, MKESail said:

I am on the same cruise in April, also inside, LITERALLY IN THE SAME BOAT 😜 but I am hesitant to upgrade because my room while inside, has an ok location. If I upgrade to a balcony thats under a pool deck or some other noisy venue - is that really an upgrade? 😏 I am new to NCL, so I may not know everything, any input is appreciated here. 

Being picky about our room location, we only bid on haven/suites as those are generally all im good locations.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alliecat44 said:

Question: if you call about an OBC or FCC due to a price drop on your cruise—and you get something—does that mean that your upgrade bid is less likely to be accepted? 

No connection. Bids done by a 3rd party.

1 hour ago, kuku77254 said:

On a sold out spring break cruise next week, what’s the chances of a Haven cabin canceling. I know no one can actually answer this but just entertaining wishful thoughts. 

Anything is possible, but I doubt someone would cancel this close, unless it was same day because of a missed flight (which happens quite a bit) 

if this happens, obviously, you wouldn’t be able to book it online you would have to rely on the bid system, so push that last minute bid up high and you may get lucky. 

I'm on the escape this coming Saturday so if that’s the cruise your on, hope to see you in the Haven with us 😉

Edited by CruiseAF

19 hours ago, CruiseAF said:

Anything is possible, but I doubt someone would cancel this close, unless it was same day because of a missed flight (which happens quite a bit)

😉

People can still catch the ship at the next port so it's even tougher.