Retreat Question

Missymo

I have just upgraded to the Retreat for the first time , I realize the Retreat is a  separate area away from the rest of the ship but I had previously  purchased a  reservation for a cabana for a day. .  Is it still advisable  to keep the cabana reservation , or does the Retreat have something similar available?    

Edited by Missymo

I'm a fan of the cabanas.  I think they are overpriced but I have enjoyed the couple times that I have reserved one.  And would easily rent one again.

With that being said, I found the retreat sun deck (on the Edge) to be awesome.  The ability to get food & drinks as well as the other little things that come by from time to time; personally, I would not feel the need to have the cabana (especially at the current costs of them).

They don't quite have cabana's set up there.  They do have day beds (like 4 maybe) available but they tend to get claimed pretty quick.  The loungers are padded and extremely nice as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Missymo said:

Edge

In that case I would cancel the Cabana immediately.     The Cabana's on Edge are on the deck across from the Magic Carpet.    No privacy and people walking about 5 feet from your cabana.    You will love the Retreat Deck (which is a separate area from the Retreat but adjoining.     Lots of loungers -  small pool and spa.  

The public walkway is that spacing under the rounded openings.  

What make Celebrity Edge so special? | Cruising Journal

Here's sundeck at Retreat

Celebrity Summit now looks more like the Edge: Travel Weekly

Celebrity Cruises announces $500 million fleet renovation | Miami Herald

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In that case I would cancel the Cabana immediately.     The Cabana's on Edge are on the deck across from the Magic Carpet.    No privacy and people walking about 5 feet from your cabana.    You will love the Retreat Deck (which is a separate area from the Retreat but adjoining.     Lots of loungers -  small pool and spa.  

The public walkway is that spacing under the rounded openings.  

What make Celebrity Edge so special? | Cruising Journal

Here's sundeck at Retreat

Celebrity Summit now looks more like the Edge: Travel Weekly

Celebrity Cruises announces $500 million fleet renovation | Miami Herald

Thank you. that's the information I was looking for. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 4:05 PM, Jim_Iain said:

The Cabana's on Edge are on the deck across from the Magic Carpet.    No privacy and people walking about 5 feet from your cabana. 

Wow.  To hell with that.  I wouldn't want that even if the Retreat deck were not an option!

22 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Wow.  To hell with that.  I wouldn't want that even if the Retreat deck were not an option!

I agree.    The first time I saw them I said I  would never rent one.    Of all the  times I've been aboard I only saw one being used.    It appeared to be a Travel Agent and she was entertaining her travel group.