Sapphire Princess 2022 deployment?!

hapster85

On 10/5/2021 at 3:23 PM, clan said:

I’m really getting aggravated with Princess. My flights still haven’t been switched to my new reservation, so I decided to call to check. After being on hold for a half hour, I got a rep who told me that we needed to rebook the flights. I finally convinced her that was not correct and asked to speak to a supervisor.  She said she could switch me to Customer Relations, but there would be an hour wait!  Really???

I’m hoping this will eventually get straight. Are any of you still waiting for the switch?

I was told on the phone that the flights would move over but it hasn't happened yet.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, clan said:

Glad your flights moved over, Thrak.  I'm still waiting!

Now if only the cancelled cruises Down Under would go away. It says my next cruise is in 78 days but Princess has said the cruises are cancelled. Final payment day has come and gone and I haven't paid it. I'm thinking the cancelled cruises may stick around until I submit the form saying how I want to deal with the money. We've actually only put down FCDs for all 3 of the cancelled cruises so I'm going to ask that they just return the FCDs to our accounts and maybe extend the deadline for use. My wife has been looking over the "replacement cruises" and has finally reached the decision that they just don'w work for us at all. So much for trying to match the cruises that were cancelled. Now that she has definitely decided against the replacement cruises I can go ahead and submit the form telling Princess what to do with regard to the bookings.

@clan Hopefully your flights will move over soon.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, travelbuds said:

Am looking at the deck plan. Trying to find the area you are referring to. Can you help? Thanks.

Sorry for my late reply. I have been away for a few days up to the Great Barrier Reef and Cairns.

The outside area I am referring to is just outside Crooners (Port) and outside the Shops (Starboard). The doors to even get out there are tucked away somewhat. I have attached the deck plan link from the Princess site.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RP

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

I have been away for a few days up to the Great Barrier Reef and Cairns.

The outside area I am referring to is just outside Crooners (Port) and outside the Shops (Starboard). The doors to even get out there are tucked away somewhat. I have attached the deck plan link from the Princess site.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RP

Thank you, 

Barrier Reef is on our bucket list. Areas you referred to are part of the "would be" promenade?

14 hours ago, travelbuds said:

Areas you referred to are part of the "would be" promenade?

I guess so but there is no connection to any further deck access on that level.  It was very rarely used and there are some advantages viewing glaciers etc from a lower level. I just kept moving from side to side as the sights changed. I never saw more than about 10 people in that area and it was great.

Decided my cancelled cruises Down Under wouldn't disappear until I got my act together and submitted the form to Princess stating what I wanted to do about them. If I did nothing they would automagically give me the FCC option - which I don't want.  I finally (just now) submitted the form for all 3 cruises of the B2B2B and said to simply cancel them. It's supposed to return any monies paid to the original form of payment and cancel the EZ Air flights. As the only thing we have actually "paid" on the cruises was the deposits in the form of FCDs they "should" simply restore the FCDs to our accounts. I'll have to keep an eye on that and may have to contact Princess to have the expiration dates on them extended. I guess I could probably just let them be and, in that case, they should return the cost of the FCDs to my credit card. I don't really want that though as I'm pretty sure they might have been purchased with a card which has had a new number issued. Nothing is ever easy...

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

I guess I could probably just let them be and, in that case, they should return the cost of the FCDs to my credit card. I don't really want that though as I'm pretty sure they might have been purchased with a card which has had a new number issued. Nothing is ever easy...

As long as the account is still with the same bank, it should be credited without issue.