Sapphire Princess 2022 deployment?!

hapster85

5 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

It seems like you might have a screwy booking issue... you definitely shouldn't have been downgraded from a mini suite to a balcony. I'd call Princess immediately.

Also, I'm booked on the 2 May sailing, and they're replacing Prince Rupert with another day of scenic cruising in the Endicot Arm. Victoria was always scheduled as a full day stop at the end of the voyage (it's one of our favorite places and one of the reasons we booked this cruise). 

What, may I ask, do you love about Victoria?  What will you be doing when you are there? We hit Victoria on our first cruise but did Butchart Gardens and stuff like that.

We were on the 7/23/23 sailing of the Sapphire in 3 cabins.I booked two of them through AA Cruises while my sister book the third though Princess directly.  She was informed of the ship change via email while we recieved no notification from either the cruise line or our agent. 

Princess told my sister that the issue would be resolved by September 17.  That day came and went with no word.

I called Princess yesterday morning.  They were able to give me our new booking and our cabin number.  We had been sent to separate decks despite having our records cross-referenced.

After a quick strategy session with my sister, she called Princess and I called AA Cruises.

Bottom line: after a lot of time on hold, we were able to get the cabins right together.  We still can't see the bookings on the Princess site or link them to the app, but we have our new cabins in our documents.

The moral of this tale is to be pro-active.  If cabin placement is an issue for you, don't just wait for the official word, go get things resolved now!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

It seems like you might have a screwy booking issue... you definitely shouldn't have been downgraded from a mini suite to a balcony. I'd call Princess immediately.

Also, I'm booked on the 2 May sailing, and they're replacing Prince Rupert with another day of scenic cruising in the Endicot Arm. Victoria was always scheduled as a full day stop at the end of the voyage (it's one of our favorite places and one of the reasons we booked this cruise). 

Yes, Victoria was always on the May 2 sailing itinerary but they had shifted the date with the redeployment. I saw the additional Endicott Arm cruising on the latest itinerary. Doesn't matter for me, I'm cancelling due to the ship change along with the itinerary change, the lack of outside space, smaller balconies (by a foot but still!), and the need for the Royal to go outside in open waters vs. not going alongside Vancouver island. It's just so discouraging. I'll probably jump ship; I have friends sailing the Aegean sea on Celebrity that week... I'll consider joining them instead and my 7th AK trip will just wait until another "perfect itinerary" comes along!

Edited by nomadguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Don9992 said:

I called Princess yesterday morning.  They were able to give me our new booking and our cabin number. 

Did they at least comment on or recognize the fact that the Summary Page isn't working?

On 9/18/2021 at 3:19 PM, Thrak said:

Poop!  I was checking the wrong cruise and it was one where there was no issue with the Summary page. The cabin number is "almost" the same and it further confused me. My newest Travel Summary shows the same cabin number which is fine with me. However, it doesn't show any deviation from the previous itinerary. It does reflect changes made when I called Princess recently. However, even using this trick from the Excursions page, I still only get a black screen for the Summary.

That happened to me over and over again. I decided to log in to Google Chrome instead of Firefox and I got in and followed the instructions and it worked. I'm using that now.

16 minutes ago, relaxatlast said:

No notification of my room assignment, although I found it.

But Royal is now open for bookings on site.

New cruise tours available also even though they haven't been available for months.

Thanks.  I can't believe that new bookings on the Royal for a mini-suite is $8894.  Who would pay that much for a cruise that doesn't stop at Glacier Bay?  My Sapphire was $8512, so there goes my option to negotiate for a better price.

22 hours ago, Thrak said:

What, may I ask, do you love about Victoria?  What will you be doing when you are there? We hit Victoria on our first cruise but did Butchart Gardens and stuff like that.

I think the port gets a bad rap from cruisers, because they're usually there for a few hours at night with limited options, and it's basically a service call. Personally, I find Victoria a charming/chill destination. It's kinda where people from the mainland go for a long weekend. So much of Vancouver is modern condo overdelopment, and Victoria is the opposite: slow and beautiful and much more British than the rest of BC. We also love how walkable the town is.

Our last time there, we ended up spending a huge chunk of our time in the Royal BC Museum, which covers both the natural world and cultural history of the province, including a focus on indigenous people. It was remarkably good, and completely unexpected. 

• Like 1

The last time we were in Victoria we visited Spinnaker Brewpub which was recommended to us from a friend .Then we visited an Irish Pub .We try and find an Irish Pub where ever we travel.

A nice way to finish up a cruise. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, clan said:

Did any of you book EZ Air?  If so, are your flights showing up on your Travel Summary?  Mine are not there yet.   Makes me nervous!

Yes, and yes.

Can't modify them at the moment, though. Nor can new flights be booked. Our return flight originally departed at 1:00pm, but the ship isn't scheduled to reach Vancouver until 9:15am now, so that's out. Hopefully we can find something better than the flight they moved us to. The 5:00pm departure isn't so bad, but the 10:30am next morning arrival, not so much.

Our flights are MIA as well. Not showing on the booking, the travel summary, or in the personalizer. I can't even look at flight availability. Hopefully they will move the flights over soon. Otherwise I guess it will be telephone time. I'm encouraged to here that some are seeing their flights

Edited by Thrak

I was able to log-in to my Royal Princess booking for July, 2022.  Travel Summary, stateroom assignment, credits, specialty dinning, etc. are all correct.   EZ Air is not available for booking flights.  I performed a mock booking(s) for the Royal for the months of May, June & July (various dates) – EZ Air was not available.  EZ Air mock bookings for the Majestic were available.  Princess still has work to do relative to Royal’s EZ Air.  John

I called Princess a little earlier.  Wasn't on hold too long.  They are still working on reconnecting the EZ Air flights to the reservations.  I was able to easily change the location of my basic balcony cabin to another cabin in the same category.

• Like 1

FYI:   we cancelled the Royal cruise on the 18th but still haven’t seen the refund on our credit card.  Per Princess rep today, refunds take longer in this case because the original booking doesn’t exist anymore so they are refunding a different cruise, which requires a different manual process.  Ok… but we’ll keep watch and will call again if we don’t see anything by next week.