Sapphire Princess 2022 deployment?!

hapster85

I tried the change and I was able to look at my summary last night and it showed a new suite category.  Then was on the phone with Princess at 9am.  She changed our cabin and also told me we would have a price increase.  Not happy!!   One cabin was a vista suite and last week I was told one cabin was assigned on the side  -a downgrade category and that we had a suite guarantee.  Last night it showed we had a S5 cabin - premium suite on the bow.  Not in Alaska!!!   NO WAY do I want that!!     I booked two aft cabins.  Well after an hour, they changed me to a penthouse suite but it will cost more.  They said I needed to call my TA to find out how much more.   Not pleased at all.  A guarantee means you could get any cabin in that category for the same price.  And now they say it is going to cost a lot more.

I tried to pull up my summary after I got off the phone this morning and nothing.  Maybe they figured out someone found a way in.        

STill have to deal with flights and I may cancel if I have to rebook and pay $700 pp more.

8 hours ago, gerig said:

When I looked they changed my vista aft suite to an S5 suite which is a forward suite.  I booked my Dolphin Vista suite as soon as the itinerary opened up to get one of the coveted dolphin deck aft balconies. I was informed they were going to keep people where they were on the ship but it appears that is not the case.

We always sail in aft Vista suites for long cruises and they are now showing a guarantee S5 which is forward and a higher price.  I assume since there are no S6 suites on the Royal that they moved us to the nearest class.  I have e-mailed my PVP about the price and she is going to make sure the price protection is enforced.  Still waiting on an actual cabin to be assigned

4 minutes ago, compozer said:

I tried the change and I was able to look at my summary last night and it showed a new suite category.  Then was on the phone with Princess at 9am.  She changed our cabin and also told me we would have a price increase.  Not happy!!   One cabin was a vista suite and last week I was told one cabin was assigned on the side  -a downgrade category and that we had a suite guarantee.  Last night it showed we had a S5 cabin - premium suite on the bow.  Not in Alaska!!!   NO WAY do I want that!!     I booked two aft cabins.  Well after an hour, they changed me to a penthouse suite but it will cost more.  They said I needed to call my TA to find out how much more.   Not pleased at all.  A guarantee means you could get any cabin in that category for the same price.  And now they say it is going to cost a lot more.

I tried to pull up my summary after I got off the phone this morning and nothing.  Maybe they figured out someone found a way in.        

STill have to deal with flights and I may cancel if I have to rebook and pay $700 pp more.

We are in the same boat but they are not going to give us S3 suites when we are paying for S6 suites.  We will pressure our PVP to keep the price the same

I thought we had price gaurantees for this change of ships.   Does anyone know what date an email came that stated that?  Or could post it?

I am almost ready to just cancel but this was suppose to be a special cruise back in 2020.     

Thanks

On 9/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, Thrak said:

Our cruise is set for May 2nd. I can't get to the Summary page but, if I change the word "summary" to "itinerary" in the url I can get to that and other pages. For my cruise I don't show much of an itinerary change and it certainly doesn't skip Ketchikan. Of course it's possible that Princess just hasn't updated this info yet. I really wish they would get this figured out and settled.

I also notice that my new booking shows a "category upgrade" from  BF to a BD cabin. I find that odd as I was originally booked in a BD cabin. (It's hard to figure out how they could think a cabin almost all the way aft - C726 - is a "BF" which is a forward cabin.) The new booking actually shows the exact same cabin number on the new ship. I have to wonder if that will change when I can see the Summary page.

image.thumb.png.2065f684ed1ee88e975d13e410f8827c.png

I followed your instructions and today mine says Victoria(no ketchikan) but it does appear that your itinerary is longer than mine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, compozer said:

I thought we had price gaurantees for this change of ships.   Does anyone know what date an email came that stated that?  Or could post it?

I am almost ready to just cancel but this was suppose to be a special cruise back in 2020.     

Thanks

We received our initial redeployment email 8/31; our sail date is 8/27/22.  The redeployment email does state Your cruise fare and promotions will be protected and any Princess EZair flights and shore excursions will be moved to the new voyage. You will receive new booking confirmations no later than September 17. "

I just looked and all four of our emails came on September 1st.   But I do not see any mention of the payments being protected.   My sail date is June  22.

It was an email exactly like the original booking they send out but on the top is:  Voyage Redeployment.

Thanks for replying.

Edited by compozer

21 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Thanks for that tip.  Looks like longer time at the 3 ports for my 06/22/22 northbound.  Can't find the room assignment though.

One part I do not understand...the map they posted on my itinerary doesn't show the Royal route, even though it's all over the interwebs that the Royal will go west of Vancouver Island.

Capture.PNG

On 9/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, Thrak said:

Our cruise is set for May 2nd. I can't get to the Summary page but, if I change the word "summary" to "itinerary" in the url I can get to that and other pages. For my cruise I don't show much of an itinerary change and it certainly doesn't skip Ketchikan. Of course it's possible that Princess just hasn't updated this info yet. I really wish they would get this figured out and settled.

27 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I changed the URL from Summary to Itinerary and can view all of the pages except for Summary or the cabin I'm now assigned to. Can someone please tell me where you're seeing the cabin category?  I'm supposed to be in a S4 Penthouse. Thanks!

I got it by selecting the Luggage Tag and Travel Summary link in the upper right corner of the main page. You then ask to print your Travel Summary and you'll see the cabin assignment there.

image.png.e5496cf38d022105ac97650b0485fb76.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I got it by selecting the Luggage Tag and Travel Summary link in the upper right corner of the main page. You then ask to print your Travel Summary and you'll see the cabin assignment there.

Thank you - what's funny is that my booking shows "Boarding Pass & Travel Summary" which I clicked on and then Travel Summary and got the info. Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Thanks so much.

I'm not sure how I feel about this though.  On Sapphire I was D211, class ME, although 354 square feet, starboard.  Now on Royal I am A333, class MB, 299! square feet, starboard.

And the balconies are smaller.

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you - what's funny is that my booking shows "Boarding Pass & Travel Summary" which I clicked on and then Travel Summary and got the info. Thanks again!

Thank you this worked 

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Thank you: this worked perfectly!

On 9/1/2021 at 6:01 AM, PACD_JG said:

Seriously?  My first ever cruise and now I get the email too.  Was June 25, 2022.  No information in my email except going on Royal and I'll have access to new booking accommodations NLT September 17.  I booked Sapphire because it was smaller, the east side of Vancouver appealed, and I booked a mini suite D211.

Hi we’re booked on this cruise also. We just got our new cabin assignment today from our TA. No problem with us since we booked an inside cabin. They gave us cabin on the same deck and almost same location. Our grandson is supposed to go with us but with Covid restrictions that’s alittle unclear if he will sail. He is 10 years old but will be 11 by the cruise. Love to chat with you more

Id rather be diving. 

Call right at 9am their time.   Worked for me his am.   But then I was on the phone with her and a supervisor for 1 hour and 45 minutes.    I called later (number someone posted to get medallion.  On hold 55 minutes just to be told it was a booking rep.  On hold another 65 minutes when I said screw it!!

And I finally got through to our cruise on my personalizer but I typed in payment and got through.

11 hours ago, compozer said:

I was able to get in last night using itinerary but I have tried numerous times and all I get is:

The page you are trying to reach is unavailable or may no longer exist.

Are you just changing "summary" to "itinerary"? Leave the rest of the URL as is.

I couldn't retrieve anything from the Princess website but I received via email my EZ flight information today and that showed me our new cabin.  Not happy, we booked this cruise with an Aft cabin, now I am in the middle of the ship.  Looks like we are going to cancel this cruise. I wonder if they will extend the FCC or just refund the money.  Too bad was really looking forward to this cruise.

16 hours ago, compozer said:

I just looked and all four of our emails came on September 1st.   But I do not see any mention of the payments being protected.   My sail date is June  22.

It was an email exactly like the original booking they send out but on the top is:  Voyage Redeployment.

Thanks for replying.

Here's a screenshot from the 'Voyage Redeployment' email we received 8/31.  First line of the second paragraph under Important Notices section mentions fare and promos:

image.png.d71f422af98bcd0f08fa4b51458fd312.png