Transfer Cheers to future booking?

ober134

We are set to sail in approx 70 days. DH was recently prescribed meds (for a few months) that is contra-indicated to use with adult bevies (yes he is unhappy). But we booked Cheers with a steep discount offer, and I hate to give up the deal, BUT there is no way I alone can get our money's worth as I am a light drinker at best. We have same length cruise booked in early March and wondering if we can transfer to that booking... we are hoping this temporary health issue will be resolved by then. I'm considering calling FunShops, but as we all know... that is NOT a fun endeavor these days. Perhaps someone here has had a similar experience. TIA

1 hour ago, ober134 said:

We are set to sail in approx 70 days. DH was recently prescribed meds (for a few months) that is contra-indicated to use with adult bevies (yes he is unhappy). But we booked Cheers with a steep discount offer, and I hate to give up the deal, BUT there is no way I alone can get our money's worth as I am a light drinker at best. We have same length cruise booked in early March and wondering if we can transfer to that booking... we are hoping this temporary health issue will be resolved by then. I'm considering calling FunShops, but as we all know... that is NOT a fun endeavor these days. Perhaps someone here has had a similar experience. TIA

Had cheers for our cruise for this past August that was cancelled. Added cheers to the cruise under a reduced rate a few weeks later. Rebooked to a cruise that did not offer the same offer, Carnival even though they cancelled the cruise would not transfer the program. Carnival seems to be out of the accommodating special requests mode. Call Carnival and explain your situation, maybe you will get yours transferred.  Good luck.

You are SOL.  Unless you purchased Cheers at the 20% discount that was available for a 2 week window awhile back and had that attached to your sailing, it will not transfer.  You were the lucky recipient of a RU1, RU2 or RU3 code.  Unless the new sailing that you're going to transfer things to allows one of those 3 codes, it will not transfer and you will have to give up the deal.  Depending upon which cruise you're taking, you might be able to get a better rate without Cheers but you may have to move your sailing.