Hot off the presses from The Points Guy.. The writer is aboard The Quest's first cruise back.

Sleep7

Interesting article, though they describe a verandah balcony cabin very accurately but have a picture of a Club Ocean suite.  Hope no one booked in a verandah who has not sailed with them expects that sort of space.  Otherwise, probably a very fair reflection of Azamara's strengths and weaknesses

• Like 3

uktog.. That's so funny about the cabin photo switch.. I didn't even notice.

We are still hoping to book the 10/28 seven day cruise on the Quest but I have been holding off waiting to see how the world is doing in a few weeks.. hopefully trending better.

I got an email from Azamara about their new promotion of 20% off but the prices look the same as they did a few days ago for a veranda cabin.  There is the added bonus of $1000 OBC and the upgraded drink package though.

From the article by the Points Guy:

“I was curious to know if anything had changed following Royal Caribbean Group’s sale of the line to a UK-based private equity firm in early 2021”

Is the highlighted link correct?
I thought Sycamore Partners was a US firm.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 2

Again, a large number of questions have been answered. Yes we can tour independently, if vaccinated, which I am sure we all are. Families with kids under 12 will be limited, but in some 10 cruises with Azamara over the years, the only kids under 12 belonged to crew members. Aqualina is closed. Sort of. I don't really understand why, but while I prefer the Aqualina menu, I definitely prefer the Prime C atmosphere. Win Win here. Clearly, the ships are sailing, and are going overboard (sorry, I couldn't resist, the Devil made me do it), to insure health protocols are being carried out. We've got three immunizations, I will be limiting outside contacts a week before we leave, and we will be covid tested 3 days before our flights. Regarding rooms, small showers, yada yada yada. I know. I can travel with any line I choose. I choose Azamara with all its faults. T - 38 days, and counting. The minutes! 

• Like 4

Fairly accurate article. The wi-fi has never been great but I cruise to get away from all of the technology. I have never watched a movie in my room. I always thought that the raised thresholds between outdoor and indoor areas were to prevent water coming from the outside in. I have never seen anyone trip over the ramps. Azamara has always had hand sanitizer all around the ship.

• Like 3

RE In room movies. Moons have passed, we were in a suite on our Indonesian cruise, years back. The highlight of the cruise was Komodo Island. It turns out, the original King Kong story was based on a real (!) excursion in the 1920s, sponsored by the Chicago Museum, to bring back some of the alleged dragons. And yes, there was a real life "Fay Wrey" on board, newly married bride of the expedition's chief. Suites came/come with a DVD player, so I brought along King Kong, and the original original Japanese version of Godzilla. King Kong was the only movie we've watched in the room. Never got to the big guy. OBTW: If you've never been there, the passage into Komodo Island is as creepy, perhaps creepier, than the movie. Because it's real, not Hollywood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

There are a couple of other blogs to come out too, judging by the amount of filming that's been going on. 

This one feels like a very fair and accurate description.

Well none could be as delightful to follow as yours!😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1