PLEASE help! Negative test result at check-in.

bncwhite

My parents went to a hospital for testing and they both tested negative.

The test report shows their name, the date and time of the test, and the negative result. The report DOES NOT show the type of test that was performed and it doesn’t show their date of birth. According to Carnival’s site, these items are required to get on the ship. They called the hospital and the person they talked to said the test is a PCR but there is nothing that can be printed to show it is a PCR test. The business hours are only M-F. Will they be denied embarkation? How can we help them get through this stupid hoop?

We already tried finding another test site that does Antigen but the all the available slots are filled up.

Needless to say, this is an extremely stressful situation. They have done everything they can to abide by Carnival’s requirements, even passing the test, and now they may be denied embarkation because the hospital doesn’t state the test type.

Can anyone help with this, specifically, how close do they agents at the port examine the covid test report?

3 minutes ago, bncwhite said:

My parents went to a hospital for testing and they both tested negative.

The test report shows their name, the date and time of the test, and the negative result. The report DOES NOT show the type of test that was performed and it doesn’t show their date of birth. According to Carnival’s site, these items are required to get on the ship. They called the hospital and the person they talked to said the test is a PCR but there is nothing that can be printed to show it is a PCR test. The business hours are only M-F. Will they be denied embarkation? How can we help them get through this stupid hoop?

We already tried finding another test site that does Antigen but the all the available slots are filled up.

Needless to say, this is an extremely stressful situation. They have done everything they can to abide by Carnival’s requirements, even passing the test, and now they may be denied embarkation because the hospital doesn’t state the test type.

Can anyone help with this, specifically, how close do they agents at the port examine the covid test report?

I can’t say it will be the same for your parents but when we presented our tests for the 2 day test cruise on the Mariner the only thing they looked at was our name, date of the test and the result….

Well, that is odd that there is that little bit of information on there. They are indeed checking the forms at the pier for the Panorama. How each individual screener is scrutinizing each and every bit of information could vary screener to screener. Do they have an email confirmation from the hospital when scheduling their test they could bring? Is there a header on the form that states the hospital name at least? 

They have email confirmations from when they scheduled the tests and the confirmations have QR codes on them but those are for the nurse to scan. I scanned them and it brings up a portal but it doesn’t specify what kind of test it is. There is a logo of the hospital on all the information but that’s about it. Very frustrating!

Carnival needs to have an online form submission that we can submit results to and they can approve it before traveling 9 hours to the port in hopes they don’t deny embarkation. This is stupid how subjective and the absence of uniformity with these test reports!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bncwhite said:

They have email confirmations from when they scheduled the tests and the confirmations have QR codes on them but those are for the nurse to scan. I scanned them and it brings up a portal but it doesn’t specify what kind of test it is. There is a logo of the hospital on all the information but that’s about it. Very frustrating!

Carnival needs to have an online form submission that we can submit results to and they can approve it before traveling 9 hours to the port in hopes they don’t deny embarkation. This is stupid how subjective and the absence of uniformity with these test reports!

I’d take a pic and email it to carnival customer service and see what they say or if you get a response . 

• Like 1

Does the hospital have a way to view the test results ? These days hospital tests are accessible to the patient. Generally you have set up a patient profile through the hospital's patient portal. I would call the hospital and ask how you can access online the tests results.

• Like 1

I would have them contact the hospital to have this information added OR contact them to have them available to answer Carnival's questions if they have to call. When we are getting our test done, we are asking that all the pertinent information being on the test results, have the testing facility phone number, and insure we have what Carnival is requiring.

I do agree that there is a definite GAP in what is required and what Carnival is managing. They should have a way to submit the results online, be reviewed and approved, and still present at the port. 

12 hours ago, K_e_short said:

One positive is if they are both vaccinated it doesn't matter what type of test it is.

There are tests out there that do not qualify, as they are neither PCR nor antigen tests.  Think of the ones that were used frequently at the drive-up sites all over the US last summer.  Those are still available as a quick test.