Odyssey of the Seas Menus

When I sailed Odyssey in July, the MDR menus were exactly the same as the MDR menus I've experienced on other RCI ships. That's actually becoming my one disappointment after doing so many cruises - realizing how the menus rarely or never get updated through the years.

• Like 3

From pictures I've seen by people on board, event he specialty restaurants on the Odyssey have the same menus as other RCL ships.  From a logistical and preparation stand point makes sense.  Easier to supply ships and have cooks move from one ship to another somewhat seamlessly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

From a logistical and preparation stand point makes sense.  Easier to supply ships and have cooks move from one ship to another somewhat seamlessly.

Totally makes sense. Although it’d be nice if every few years they could do a refresh of the menus to keep the food interesting. Not that it’s bad! But when you’ve sailed enough that you can memorize the menus, sometimes you do wish to have some changes here and there. 

Edited by towel-animal

On 9/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, Biker19 said:

See answer above. Pick any close in sailing in the app.

Thank you!  I had the app downloaded for our upcoming cruise but didn't realize I could see the menus on closer sailings.  Appreciate the suggestion.

Agreed ... same old meus for some years now (it must been particularly challenging for them to change things up on that 23-day TP I did some years ago). I agree that it's time to refresh the offerings, but I doubt there's any chance they will have the resources to focus on that until things smooth out.

It has become an exercise in deciding if I should take my usual favorite choice off a given menu or go on the wild side and try something new. Actually the "try something new" approach has yielded some surprisingly good results.

16 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

Agreed ... same old meus for some years now (it must been particularly challenging for them to change things up on that 23-day TP I did some years ago). I agree that it's time to refresh the offerings, but I doubt there's any chance they will have the resources to focus on that until things smooth out.

It has become an exercise in deciding if I should take my usual favorite choice off a given menu or go on the wild side and try something new. Actually the "try something new" approach has yielded some surprisingly good results.

I think a whole cruise with "try somethimg new" would be a great and fun approach.  I may have to endeavor to eat something I normally wouldn't every night on my next one! 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 8:40 AM, crewsweeper said:

From a logistical and preparation stand point makes sense.  Easier to supply ships and have cooks move from one ship to another somewhat seamlessly.

And RCI even sends out exactly how each meal is made and how it should look.

We had a nice conversation with the chef at Giovannis on Grandeur.  SO grilled shrimp had no grill marks.  We commented to the waiter, and the chef came out.  He explained that the latest from RCI was that the grilled shrimp not have grill marks.  But he took her shrimp back and GRILLED them. 😄

We also discussed that they pre-make the Carbonara sauce, which is NOT the way to do it.

• Like 1

I looked at the menus...I am so surprised they do not change them up that often or at least have menu items specific to the area you are visiting.  Honestly menu looks okay.  We are big foodies and love to try everything.  There is not too much that I am like omg I have to try.  We shall see...hope to be pleasantly surprised.