Getaway Sept/Oct/Nov? Unable to book Dining

Sand and Seas

Has anyone been able to book Specialty Dining for their cruises?  

I should have been able to book at 125 days (Club Balcony) but online it said to come back at 120 days.   Then at 120 days, it says unable to book.

I called NCL and was placed on hold while the agent talked with a supervisor.  He came back with an answer I haven't heard before- Getaway sailings until January are on a "Stop sale for Dining".  

5 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

With greatly reduced capacities on the ships (down to 50-60%) you’ll find it very easy to book dining, excursions, etc when you board.

Don’t fret. 

ENJOY!!

Have they stated how long capacities will be reduced?  There will be over 3 months of  Getaway cruises before our cruise.    

(Thanks for the good wishes.....we will enjoy this cruise no matter what😎)

I was able to pre book at a 120 days for dining ( club balcony), but entertainment was not available to pre book, must be done once on board. Cruise is in November on the Encore. I did book via groups dining and received an email confirmation but none of my dining shows on my “plans” page on my NCL. Hopefully these reservations will still be valid on board! Anyone have this experience? Good Luck OP ! The club balcony suites just have a few amenities and they seem to be diminishing by the day!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, flaminog said:

I was able to book for Dec 23 using the NCL chat agent. On my NCL app and webpage it still does not show any dining reservation options but the agent was very nice and made me 6 reservations on day 120 for me.

That's nice!  Is your cruise on the Getaway?

I ask because the agent I spoke to sounded like he couldn't see times to book dining either.  That's when he went to talk with a supervisor.  He came back with the phrase that Getaway was on a "stop sale for dining".

I spoke to an NCL agent about two weeks ago who informed me that they had an internal memo related to Jade, Epic andGetaway Europe sailings for 2021 that stated due to ever changing EU occupancy/social distancing requirements they were holding back all dining reservations on these three ships so that they did not have to eventually cancel dining reservations due to last minute changes required by the various governments involved. 

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I spoke to an NCL agent about two weeks ago who informed me that they had an internal memo related to Jade, Epic andGetaway Europe sailings for 2021 that stated due to ever changing EU occupancy/social distancing requirements they were holding back all dining reservations on these three ships so that they did not have to eventually cancel dining reservations due to last minute changes required by the various governments involved. 

Thanks for sharing that conversation with us.  That does sound somewhat logical🤔  

Maybe they will open up Getaway for reservations when she sails to Miami in December.

19 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

That's nice!  Is your cruise on the Getaway?

I ask because the agent I spoke to sounded like he couldn't see times to book dining either.  That's when he went to talk with a supervisor.  He came back with the phrase that Getaway was on a "stop sale for dining".

No, the Joy. 

It sounds like the people having issues were mostly on the Europe sailings. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luvsparties said:

I was able to book all my specialty dining at 120 days out (Getaway for 10/25).  I just checked and I am still able to book dining.  Not shows or spa reservations though.

Am on the same cruise as you and can't book those. However I don't mind much since ship probably will be like 50% capacity so there probably won't be any issues with getting reservations onboard. 

31 minutes ago, JezzaC said:

Am on the same cruise as you and can't book those. However I don't mind much since ship probably will be like 50% capacity so there probably won't be any issues with getting reservations onboard. 

When I look at it there seems to be plenty of open times.  I don't think there will be an issue at all.