Testing on b2b between Royal and Celebrity

plank

We are getting off a Royal ship and going to sail on a Celebrity ship and then back to a Royal ship. Will we be able to be tested on the ships AND will we have to pay for it? We need answers...so much crazy info out there. We are vaxed. Our first sail is Oct. 30.

This is from RCG website

We can accommodate vaccinated guests on as many consecutive/back-to-back cruises as they wish. Guests who sail on back-to-back cruises must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be administered by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart. Visit Guest Services while onboard to arrange this test ahead of your next cruise. (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time)

7 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

This is from RCG website

We can accommodate vaccinated guests on as many consecutive/back-to-back cruises as they wish. Guests who sail on back-to-back cruises must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be administered by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart. Visit Guest Services while onboard to arrange this test ahead of your next cruise. (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time)

Does this still apply when changing from Royal to Celebrity and then change again Celebrity to Royal.  What the op is doing is not considered a B2B

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2

I was just told by RCCL phone operators that not only will Royal administer the test for the  second cruise, it can be another Royal  ship as well as a Celebrity or Carnival   ship.  She told me the two cruises had to be within 3 days of each other.  I  wonder with the two day testing requirement if that 3  day comment was  is still valid.  I didn't press the issue  as our ( Side by side) cruises are only one day apart.   Plus, the cruises are  not till January and protocols will  change by then. 

M

5 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Does this still apply when changing from Royal to Celebrity and then change again Celebrity to Royal.  What the op is doing is not considered a B2B

Yes, this can be done as Celebrity is a "sister" company.     Back in August when they made announcement about changes to B2B cruises there was specific language they used stating Celebrity can test for those boarding a royal ship and vice versa for side to side cruises that fall within the required testing period.

The verbiage said to advise customer service desk in the beginning of the cruise that you will need a test to board next ship.     

This is the same information that my TA received from Celebrity.  They will administer the test free of charge and provide us with what we need to board our RCL sailing the same day we leave the Celebrity cruise ship.