Recently cruised on Anthem of the Seas

Hi there

Having just cancelled my sailing on a cruise with msc l am really hoping to be able to speak to someone who has recently been on the above ship to get an idea of how the cruise protocols were implemented, general info about the cruise experience etc.  I have a booking for the 2nd October but have a few concerns and would really appreciate a chat with someone who has recently been on the ship.  

Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, Heltaskelta said:

Hi there

Having just cancelled my sailing on a cruise with msc l am really hoping to be able to speak to someone who has recently been on the above ship to get an idea of how the cruise protocols were implemented, general info about the cruise experience etc.  I have a booking for the 2nd October but have a few concerns and would really appreciate a chat with someone who has recently been on the ship.  

Thanks in advance

Howdy @Heltaskelta  emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. 👍  It is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. However, your thread was off-topic there since your topic concerns a specific cruise line ship. 

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Royal Caribbean International forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Anthem of the Seas frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum l👀king for threads of interest. You will probably find  your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

Please be sure to use the Follow feature on this thread. You won't have to go l👀king to see if there are new posts on this thread because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! emo34.gif If you need more info on how to do it, please see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience!  emo49.gif  See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard the Cruise Critic message board! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

12 hours ago, Heltaskelta said:

I have a booking for the 2nd October but have a few concerns and would really appreciate a chat with someone who has recently been on the ship.  

Read the Anthem related threads. If you have something specific, ask that here or in one of those threads. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Heltaskelta said:

Hi there

Thanks in advance

On board now. What concerns do you have?

10 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

On board now. What concerns do you have?

Hi there thanks for responding,  are you aware of any cases on the ship,

are you alllowed off independently in ports,

does the ship feel overcrowded

are the protocols being actively enforced

many thanks

16 minutes ago, Heltaskelta said:

Hi there thanks for responding,  are you aware of any cases on the ship,

are you alllowed off independently in ports,

does the ship feel overcrowded

are the protocols being actively enforced

many thanks

Not aware of any cases, no. Doesn’t mean there definitely aren’t any of course - but if there are it hasn’t been announced.

Yes you are allowed off independently as long as you’re fully vaccinated.

The ship certainly doesn’t feel overcrowded. One crew member told me there are around 1500 guests on this week, so about a third full (and hardly any children). No queues for anything, very relaxed atmosphere, plenty of space in all venues - in fact some are virtually empty.

The protocols are being enforced but don’t feel oppressive. Mask compliance is very high while walking around inside although many people seem to remove them when sat down in shows & lounges. Strict policy of 2 free seats between each party in shows. No self-service in Windjammer, which works well. Limited dancing in certain venues.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Heltaskelta said:

Excellent thank you, but one thing l forgot to ask is if the rooms have kettle tea and coffee supplied ?

Yes they do.

(Well there’s a kettle - haven’t actually noticed whether there’s tea & coffee as I don’t drink either - but will check shortly!)

Edited by gumshoe958

On board now and agree with everything Gumshoes has written. The atmosphere is one of the best I've been on, very relax and people are very pleasant. Very good atmosphere during the 5pm quizzes and game shows.

The crew is amazing and very entertaining. Andy especially. 

Just to add about the windjammer, although there is no dinner, what is served at lunch (until 3pm) is what is normally served in the evening, hot themed dishes. 

I'd never bothered with MDR before and dreaded it about but it's been great. The staff is amazing and will get to know you and your specific habits, whether you want quick or slow service. They will go beyond to please you. I wanted a tea with skim milk at the end of dinner and the staff was on his way to the promenade to get me some as they'd run out and only had semi. I said semi was fine!

The it think that I've found a little frustrating is not being able to make your own drink and constantly having to say 'a bit more hot water, a bit more milk, decaf and skimmed which they don't always have but again they are so lovely, it's a very small nuisance.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 10:29 PM, Heltaskelta said:

Excellent thank you, but one thing l forgot to ask is if the rooms have kettle tea and coffee supplied ?

Yes, Tea / Coffee are all supplied by Room Steward.  We were on sailing in August which was very crowded, booked again on 2nd October because it's a beautiful Ship so hoping it will be a very different experience.  Protocols were all in place which made us feel safer.  Have a lovely Cruise.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, Rockyroyal said:

Has anyone heard what the capacity is for upcoming cruises, specifically the 19th September?

I heard from a senior waiter a couple of days ago that currently 1200 passengers are on the cruise that started yesterday and the following 2 cruises had 600 and 500 passengers currently booked

Wow.

We had about 1500 last week I think, which felt  just right - nothing was busy, no queues for anything but still enough people for a fun vibe.

On paper 500 might seem perfect - like being on your own private yacht - but I think it could just feel lifeless, particularly in the shows.

Drink Package/Diamond Plus

Can anyone who is on or has been on the ship recently tell me whether it is worth paying extra for the drink package when we have 5 vouchers added to our sea pass.  I love drinking Baileys and like a large measure.  Would the bartender just give me a small measure for one voucher or could I ask for a large one.  I suppose it may depend on the bartender!  This will then make me decide whether to purchase the drink package or not which is £48 per day at the moment.  Can you purchase this onboard any cheaper.

Many thanks for any replies.

13 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Drink Package/Diamond Plus

Can anyone who is on or has been on the ship recently tell me whether it is worth paying extra for the drink package when we have 5 vouchers added to our sea pass.  I love drinking Baileys and like a large measure.  Would the bartender just give me a small measure for one voucher or could I ask for a large one.  I suppose it may depend on the bartender!  This will then make me decide whether to purchase the drink package or not which is £48 per day at the moment.  Can you purchase this onboard any cheaper.

Many thanks for any replies.

Personally, we found the 5 vouchers per day to be enough.  We loved the freedom to order any cocktail we wanted, etc and found all the bar staff to be super friendly.  There was nothing stingy about drinks via the vouchers at all.