Disappointments, Disappointments

dmk

Galer99-that added nothing to the discussion, as it was obvious. I was asking the OP, what about the auctions he/she liked. There must be some aspect that appeals to the OP. I was trying to figure out what it was.

Galer99-that added nothing to the discussion, as it was obvious.

I'll consider myself appropriately chastised. One of the problems with the written word is that it can sound harsh or snotty when the writer has no intention of meaning to come across that way. I'm sure you don't, either.

Maybe the previous poster likes the free booze at the art auctions. Or maybe she/he likes just to be with others who are enjoying a playful activity. Or maybe she/he really likes the pieces that are purchased. Who knows. My point was that there are a million reasons why a person might like an art auction, but this forum is not about challenging the validity of those reasons, but about focusing on the positive.

Maybe another topic started to discuss the validity of art auctions would be a better to place to air your concerns.

Just a suggestion.

Now, back to focusing on the positives: Nice picture.

Love, love, love Celebrity - too many good things to rave about!

However, just the mention of the dreaded "art auction" is making my palms sweat. :eek: DH almost bought an expensive Peter Max piece that I couldn't stand, and was so focused on wanting it throughout the cruise that it was a frightening few days. It would have cost a lot more than our cruise.

To those who may be thinking, "Let the poor guy have his piece of artwork", in my experience, there is always another expensive "thing" to buy. We are not millionaires and I choose to travel, eat well and have the mortgage paid off rather than raid our home's equity and sit at home looking at a house overstuffed with more "things". :(

To get back to what's great about Celebrity, we were able to make some really tasty lemonade with the aforementioned experience. I encouraged DH to do his own painting in his own style and the result is that his gorgeous, much-more-beautiful-than-Peter Max, yet still whimsical, artwork is now hanging framed (by me) in three rooms of our home. It's so wonderful that I keep after him to make me more! :D So, I guess I can actually thank X for their art auctions because I never would have thought of encouraging DH to "do his own art thing" otherwise.

Susan

I'll consider myself appropriately chastised. One of the problems with the written word is that it can sound harsh or snotty when the writer has no intention of meaning to come across that way. I'm sure you don't, either.

Maybe the previous poster likes the free booze at the art auctions. Or maybe she/he likes just to be with others who are enjoying a playful activity. Or maybe she/he really likes the pieces that are purchased. Who knows. My point was that there are a million reasons why a person might like an art auction, but this forum is not about challenging the validity of those reasons, but about focusing on the positive.

I was trying to elminate the "maybe" and find out what it was the OP liked.

The article on art auctions that CruiseCritic ran some months ago was the best I have ever seen on the topic.

• 2 months later...

Hi.....I want to remember all the good things about cruising on

Celebrity......

I know we are on "cruise critic" but maybe I am just not a critical

person;) or not critical enough.

I know there have been LOTS and LOTS of threads about the

shape of the ships. For me, well, I have always have fun!

There have to be a few other folks on here besides me who

just have a good time:D

No, I am not starting another thread comparing y to z or this one

to that one.

I just seem to have a wonderful time, from the moment I step

on board until I disembark.

I am not talking about 110% perfection all week....I am just

talking about every morning getting up and knowing my

day will be wonderful aboard a wonderful ship.

And I hope I am not going to get flamed to death for enjoying

each of my cruises either!

OK, I'll admit it, I've been kind of lurking reading all these posts since I'm new to CC. But I have to agree with LoisR, I love everything about my cruises. I think your attitude has a lot to do with it, if you look for things to criticize you can always find them. :) From the time I step on the ship, I expect to have a great time and always do. I just love everything about it and consider myself sooo lucky to be able to cruise. I'm not a real outgoing person, I'm a divorced senior citizen who started crusing when I retired. I really love Celebrity, the food, the service, and yes, the Martini Bar! :D

Cannot wait, cannot wait...:(

All that wonderful food, deserts, the balcony views, being pampered. No phones, great cruisers, just being there to relax.:)

Darn it...we have to wait (May '08-Alaska) for our FIRST CRUISE to experience all of this...wanna go NOW!!:mad:

We almost hear each click of the clock...:eek:

Oh, well, just have to be satisfied to read this great board in the meantime. This is a great thread.:D happynewbie

Hi David:) DMK is the one who originally started this thread.

It is nice to see positive postings, I agree with you on that one:D

Is it October yet?:)

Lois! Lois! Lois!

It's refreshing to read your posts, because I too enjoy everything about cruising and I believe that 90 percent of our enjoyment comes from our attitudes. Stuff happens, and we get the opportunity to "Go with the flow," or "Get in somebody's face." Whenever possible, I choose to "Go with the flow" and most of the time things work out very well. When I choose to "Get in somebody's face," I try to understand their position first, so that I won't be surprised by their response. Empathy is essential. Give someone the opportunity to make something right, and many times they'll surprise you by going above and beyond.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

A great thread to bring back! I love, love, love all the things people mentioned....but I am surprised no one mentioned the muesli with all the wonderful toppings like walnuts, pumpkin seeds, pistachio nuts, etc. Yummy! :D

Boy, I wish I was cruising next week!!

We have less than 3 months until our Summit Cruise. Reading this thread really got me in the mood. ;)

Any day at sea is better than anything.

My favorite is the duck. Second choice would be the shrimp cocktail.

DH would say 1st choice shrimp cocktail, and 2nd would be the caesar salad.

And of course - the bread sticks. Yum Yum - I am drooling. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I love enjoying the sound and smell of the ocean every day, feeling pampered and special, the absence of most electronics (phones, computers, etc.) and feeling like my husband is focused only on my happiness, and I on his, for the entire cruise. I am more at peace and more serene than anywhere else on earth.

I love enjoying the sound and smell of the ocean every day, feeling pampered and special, the absence of most electronics (phones, computers, etc.) and feeling like my husband is focused only on my happiness, and I on his, for the entire cruise. I am more at peace and more serene than anywhere else on earth.

Beautifully put!:)

We've only been once, but we loved the service and the positive attitudes. It took us about a week to realize we could do it, but the whole second week we BOTH had shrimp AND escargot EVERY night. :) I've never been on another cruise, so I have nothing to judge it against. But my wife has been on several and she loved the Celebrity experience and didn't even suggest checking out other lines for our next cruise.

I am weeping into my keyboard as I type this because I am so envious of not having a current Celebrity cruise to look forward too. But I did love the sticky buns in the buffet. We learned our lesson to grab one when we saw it because by the time we went back, they were all GONE!

The ambiance, the service, oh how I could go on and on. We are taking our adult children & their spouses on a Princess cruise Feb '08 only because Celebrity did not offer a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise at that time.

I am weeping into my keyboard as I type this because I am so envious of not having a current Celebrity cruise to look forward too. But I did love the sticky buns in the buffet. We learned our lesson to grab one when we saw it because by the time we went back, they were all GONE!

The ambiance, the service, oh how I could go on and on. We are taking our adult children & their spouses on a Princess cruise Feb '08 only because Celebrity did not offer a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise at that time.

On our Mercury cruise last March someone told us about the Sticky Buns.

Absolutely delicious. We're also going on WEstern Caribbean in Sept. on Princess because Celebrity did not offer one. Conceirge service was fabulous on Mercury. LOVE CELEBRITY!!!

Archived