View Photis when in port

Oxo

On the Edge and in Nassau.  Went to Photo Shop to view photos and couldn't bc.only open during Photo Shop hours

Why not allow passengers to view photos at any time? You cannot take a photo of the displayed photo because it is watermarked.

Just a suggestion.

28 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I guess you would need to ask the shop manager your question

I already did.

I was looking for others opinions on whether they would like to see their photos at a less busy time.

4 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

I believe the photo shop is considered a retailer, so it must be closed just as all shops are closed while in port.

I agree that the shop should be closed for sales. But why not allow passengers to view pics on the screens? 

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I agree that the shop should be closed for sales. But why not allow passengers to view pics on the screens? 

I definitely agree with that.  I just think Celebrity has not “re-thought” that aspect since the days of hundreds of photos on the display boards.  They had to have the area staffed to handle sales as well as, unfortunately, monitor that photos didn’t leave without payment.  Now that it’s all digital, that shouldn’t be a problem as long as the system can be locked from purchases.

5 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

I definitely agree with that.  I just think Celebrity has not “re-thought” that aspect since the days of hundreds of photos on the display boards.  They had to have the area staffed to handle sales as well as, unfortunately, monitor that photos didn’t leave without payment.  Now that it’s all digital, that shouldn’t be a problem as long as the system can be locked from purchases.

Correct! We don't use technology to our advantage.

Yes, they can disable purchase option during this time.

7 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Correct! We don't use technology to our advantage.

Yes, they can disable purchase option during this time.

With everything that is happening in the cruising world, this seems rather insignificant.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

With everything that is happening in the cruising world, this seems rather insignificant.

Well if insignificant, don't respond. Do you have anything significant to provide?

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I believe the reason is so you won't take a picture of the picture.    Even if watermarked people were doing it.    I saw them stop someone once.

I agree that maybe a reason. But if someone wants to take a pic with all the watermarks,  that is stupid. 

What other reason would be valid for not allowing people to view photos when ship is closed? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alakegirl said:

The shop manager has probably filled you in on why they do it the way they  do so now you are just tilting at windmills, IMO

Excuse me? What are you trying to say? Are you talking about Countries with windmills?