SEPTEMBER 11th..20 yrs Memorial

hcat

Hope cruisers will take time today to remember those lost on 9 11..

We cruised  on 9 11 a year after the horrific event.  Our Royal C Capt..stopped everything on board and gave a moving  memorial service.  Ship was silent..and many tears.

NEVER FORGET.

Cuisers from Bayonne  can see the Teardrop Memorial..gift from Russia!

thumbnail.jpeg-21.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Twenty years ago a tiny town in Newfoundland, Canada (Gander) welcomed over 7000 stranded airline passengers into their homes and ultimately into their hearts.  For three days Americans and Canadians became family.  Many, many tears mixed with much love brought us all together on that terrible day.  Today we all remember those who were lost and their families who still grieve.  May we always consider each other part of our family.

• Like 8

My U.S. and POW flags are flying at half staff today.

I was doing my morning radio show when it all went down. It was so hard to try to keep it together and not break down. I can still remember watching it unfold on the TV that was in the studio. When the second plane hit, it actually steeled my nerves and I spent the next four hours on air until I told them I had to stop (sometime after 12pm). I started at 5am that morning and I was just done, my brain was mush and I just wanted to be home with my family.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Twenty years ago a tiny town in Newfoundland, Canada (Gander) welcomed over 7000 stranded airline passengers into their homes and ultimately into their hearts.  For three days Americans and Canadians became family.  Many, many tears mixed with much love brought us all together on that terrible day.  Today we all remember those who were lost and their families who still grieve.  May we always consider each other part of our family.

Well said!

• Like 1