Contacting P&O

capn ahab

17 minutes ago, Rebjon said:

picsa, did you get your shareholders credit? We applied for ours a week ago for our November cruise and wonder how long we should wait before getting worried. Anyone else - have you had problems with this?

I did.

I hadn't realised that they had changed the rules so you must apply for the shareholder credit "at least three weeks" before the cruise, and was slightly concerned that I had applied three weeks and one day before the cruise.

Emails to the shareholder team were just responded to with their automatic reply.

The first phone call to chase up was 11 days before embarkation - "yes I will send an email to the shareholder team asking them to deal with it"

No response so a couple of days later another phone call - "yes I will send an email to the shareholder team asking them to deal with it"

No response so another phone call where I was on hold for 45 minutes before being cut off when the call centre staff went home for the night.

Then another call a week before sailing - "yes I will send an email to the shareholder team asking them to deal with it, but will get back to you if any issues".

The final call did prompt the shareholder team to deal with it that day and I received the updated statement with the credit.

At the end of the day if they hadn't applied it I would have simply done a section 75 claim on my credit card against the room bill on the basis it was incorrectly calculated.

But really, how much time was wasted by the call handlers because the shareholder team were not doing their job.

1 hour ago, picsa said:

I did.

I hadn't realised that they had changed the rules so you must apply for the shareholder credit "at least three weeks" before the cruise, and was slightly concerned that I had applied three weeks and one day before the cruise.

Emails to the shareholder team were just responded to with their automatic reply.

The first phone call to chase up was 11 days before embarkation - "yes I will send an email to the shareholder team asking them to deal with it"

No response so a couple of days later another phone call - "yes I will send an email to the shareholder team asking them to deal with it"

No response so another phone call where I was on hold for 45 minutes before being cut off when the call centre staff went home for the night.

Then another call a week before sailing - "yes I will send an email to the shareholder team asking them to deal with it, but will get back to you if any issues".

The final call did prompt the shareholder team to deal with it that day and I received the updated statement with the credit.

At the end of the day if they hadn't applied it I would have simply done a section 75 claim on my credit card against the room bill on the basis it was incorrectly calculated.

But really, how much time was wasted by the call handlers because the shareholder team were not doing their job.

Interestingly I applied for ours, for October’s 3 cruises on 20/8 and got the conformation back on 3/9.

I use the same email thread for each new application, so it is easy for them to check on our validity.

18 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve just stopped laughing, but seriously, why should you even HAVE to arrange your day around phoning?! 

If I need to make an important call I would obviously, you wouldn’t so who is the happier when the problem is sorted quickly 

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

If I need to make an important call I would obviously, you wouldn’t so who is the happier when the problem is sorted quickly 

Really Important calls (E.g. medical issues) we would all find time to make (but would hope that it wouldn’t take 2 hours for someone to answer the call!)  But as a paying customer, the onus is in the company to provide good customer service. I’m glad that all is hunkydory on planet Bazrat, but to quote you, ‘when the problem is sorted quickly’ and it is quite evident to the vast majority of us here that problems related to P&O aren’t sorted quickly, 

Incidentally, I’ve always loved my cruises on P&O as with several other lines, found little to complain about and plenty to praise. I don’t have anything booked at the moment but it annoys me to read about the issues many of our posters here are facing. And it’s not good enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Really Important calls (E.g. medical issues) we would all find time to make (but would hope that it wouldn’t take 2 hours for someone to answer the call!)  But as a paying customer, the onus is in the company to provide good customer service. I’m glad that all is hunkydory on planet Bazrat, but to quote you, ‘when the problem is sorted quickly’ and it is quite evident to the vast majority of us here that problems related to P&O aren’t sorted quickly, 

Incidentally, I’ve always loved my cruises on P&O as with several other lines, found little to complain about and plenty to praise. I don’t have anything booked at the moment but it annoys me to read about the issues many of our posters here are facing. And it’s not good enough. 

Correct vast majority on cruise critic which you could actually name, but if the way to solve your problems is on here who am I to argue, but all is well on planet Bazrat looking forward to our TA after I spent a couple of hours sorting my problems out.

23 hours ago, picsa said:

I did.

So, no stress then!!!

Thanks for letting me know.

12 hours ago, Rebjon said:

So, no stress then!!!

Yes, I did wonder whether we would get into a pedantic argument about whether the 10am on Saturday 4th September was "at least three weeks before a cruise" departing early evening Saturday 25th September, but fortunately we didn't.

19 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Just managed to get through after an hour on hold to change a booking . Far from ideal but the service when I did get through was great .

Now try British Airways. Get yourself comfortable with a drink and some nibbles before you begin your  ordeal.🤔