Will Magic Jack's VOIP wifi cell phone application work on Princess's Medallion Net?

StillCruzin

6 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I don’t know, but can only offer that several of us have been successful using WiFi calling on our cell phones while on board. For me, with T-Mobile, it works no differently than a normal call. And it’s the same VOIP protocol. 

Oh I forgot T-Mobile has an option for wifi calling too. I will just use it. Thanks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yeah, don't try to throw another variable into the mix.  WiFi calling or WhatsApp is the way to go.  We've used both...more so WhatsApp.

Yes, WhatsApp is our go-to.  We do generally obtain and use foreign SIM chips and plans (T-Mobile is our go-to in the USA), but as prepay clients have not had Wi-Fi calling before.  Would use it if we can I suppose, but WhatsApp is pretty universal and it is often great for keeping in touch with tour providers/guides in countries we visit.

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, WhatsApp is our go-to.  We do generally obtain and use foreign SIM chips and plans (T-Mobile is our go-to in the USA), but as prepay clients have not had Wi-Fi calling before.  Would use it if we can I suppose, but WhatsApp is pretty universal and it is often great for keeping in touch with tour providers/guides in countries we visit.

The only "downside" (if you have to give one) is that whoever you want to talk to has to use WhatsApp as well...but I've never found this to be a problem. Just arrange it beforehand.