Question for those who have booked pre-cruise hotel through Princess

Ombud

On 9/12/2021 at 2:55 PM, Ombud said:

Can you do anything other than Ocean Ready on the app?? I can get DMW on cruises clear out to 2022 but not on my remaining 2021 booking! Is it just me?

We were able to select dining times on an August Majestic sailing at about 1 month prior to sailing.  Of course, almost NOTHING else was working with the app back then...that was when the dev group was throwing changes out every few days to "see what would stick!"

43 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We were able to select dining times on an August Majestic sailing at about 1 month prior to sailing.  Of course, almost NOTHING else was working with the app back then...that was when the dev group was throwing changes out every few days to "see what would stick!"

Did your voyage separate out the pre-cruise hotel paid by Princess from the actual cruise? My hotel is 12/8/21 - 12/9/21 & the cruise is 12/9/21 - 12/19/21 but it shows on MC as 12/8/21 - 12/19/21. 

I'm pretty sure the issue is the Princess hotel but not sure what the workaround is

Edited by Ombud

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Did your voyage separate out the pre-cruise hotel paid by Princess from the actual cruise? My hotel is 12/8/21 - 12/9/21 & the cruise is 12/9/21 - 12/19/21 but it shows on MC as 12/8/21 - 12/19/21. 

I'm pretty sure the issue is the Princess hotel but not sure what the workaround is

I have read about this issue some time back, and you have described it the same.  It is an obvious bug and seems like may not be fixed as yet.  I imagine anyone who books a combo land-and-sea Alaska voyage could get the same result.  It doesn't make sense to me to tack on the hotel nights, and it seems to screw up other functions such as DMW by having dates outside the range DMW can work with. 

I imagine the issue has been reported, but I would write to the Ocean Team at the team email address:  AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

• Thanks 1

Well normally it wouldn't make sense to me either except  I've got a lot of FCC, I'm a solo traveler, and it's the same price booking it myself. So they let me use my FCC to pay for the hotel and transfers instead of pulling dollars out of my pocket