Prepaid gratuity question

matymil

So I just prepaid my gratuity for my cruise in two weeks. I've never prepaid before. I have yet to receive an email and when I go into my purchased services, it does not show up in there. I took a screenshot of the charge screen just in case. Is this normal when you prepay? 

1 hour ago, Clarasgrandma said:

It should show up under the booking details of your cruise, and you should get an updated email showing the change to your booking.

Thanks yeah I got nothing. I just checked in and got nothing as well. Maybe it's all going to my TA?

On 9/12/2021 at 10:34 PM, matymil said:

Thanks yeah I got nothing. I just checked in and got nothing as well. Maybe it's all going to my TA?

If you look on your cabinconfirmations@carnival.com email that you would have got when you booked the cruise it will be under optional charges as per my example below.  If you booked through a TA it should show on any booking confirmation they gave you as well.

OPTIONAL CHARGES
  Vacation Protection $239.00  
  Prepaid Gratuities $293.79  
  Total Optional Charges $532.79
  • Like 2

I never received an email when I added mine a couple weeks ago either. It does show under the booking & order details page. It should also be updated in your cruise documents where you print off your luggage tags, etc. I just checked mine and it's there. 

On 9/12/2021 at 10:41 PM, matymil said:

So I just prepaid my gratuity for my cruise in two weeks. I've never prepaid before. I have yet to receive an email and when I go into my purchased services, it does not show up in there. I took a screenshot of the charge screen just in case. Is this normal when you prepay? 

Yay you are going on a cruise?  Is this the first one since our March 2020 cruise was canceled?  Hope you have so much fun.. still waiting to take our rescheduled honeymoon cruise.. Feb 6th 2022 !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rmajor said:

Yay you are going on a cruise?  Is this the first one since our March 2020 cruise was canceled?  Hope you have so much fun.. still waiting to take our rescheduled honeymoon cruise.. Feb 6th 2022 !

Thanks. Yeah it is. We were actually supposed to cruise like 5 days after the shutdown so we are very excited 😊 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sammee said:

I never received an email when I added mine a couple weeks ago either. It does show under the booking & order details page. It should also be updated in your cruise documents where you print off your luggage tags, etc. I just checked mine and it's there. 

I actually just saw this yesterday. It is there, thank you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 6:06 PM, matymil said:

Thanks. Yeah it is. We were actually supposed to cruise like 5 days after the shutdown so we are very excited 😊 

I know silly we were on the same cruise that got cancelled !