Is this an upgrade??

jean95404

We have reservations for the Sapphire Princess sailing March 11th. No room assignment yet.

I was told we have a guarantee of a mini-suite. Our TA says "at least an AE category" but also says we will most likely be upgraded to an AD category. However, in looking at pricing for this cruise, the AD category was costing less than the AE. Is this correct or am I wrong?

Also at the time of our making reservations, and paying, we specifically requested E728 or E731. (On the deck plans they showed to be AE category on the Emerald Deck). TA told us we couldn't request a specific room. However others in our group knew their room assignments from day one.

This is our first cruise, we booked online, and our TA has not responding to our question. Tickets arrived earlier this week. Can anyone out there clarify this for me? THANKS!

The only thing my husband asked for in going on this cruise was a room large enough to move around on and a balcony. NOW I find out we may not have a balcony? Perhaps this is why my TA isn't getting back to me!

:eek:

You said your tix have arrived and no room was designated. Did you check your personalizer to see if it shows there?

Relax - all minisuites on the Diamond/Sapphire have balconies. It is only on the Coral/Island where they have 4 minisuites or so that don't have balconies - I think they are AF categories.

Technically, AD is an upgrade from AE. Just because it is cheaper is another long explanation. Sometimes Princess runs specials such as an AE guarantee where you can not pick cabins and for a specific price, must book a guarantee cabin. That is probably why your TA told you that. Sometimes booking a specific AE cabin is very expensive but the guarantee is very reasonable.

Thanks! I was wondering how I was going to casually bring into the conversation, "Honey, you remember that balcony....."

We have checked our Princess Personalizer online, and no room assignment. I guess it's going to be what it's going to be.

I've just read a couple of threads and E728 was mentioned as being the recipient of loud music and vibration from the bass. I guess it goes back to the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for"!

Thanks everyone.

E728 and E731 are technically better cabins (larger balcony) but have a lower category. Just one of those weird things with Princess. You will be fine with a minisuite guarantee - I have booked it many times and have been pleased with my cabin.

Largin - it is difficult to keep these ships apart! Especially when Princess creates a minisuite with out a balcony. It throws everything off :)

:)

We have reservations for the Sapphire Princess sailing March 11th. No room assignment yet.

I was told we have a guarantee of a mini-suite. Our TA says "at least an AE category" but also says we will most likely be upgraded to an AD category. However, in looking at pricing for this cruise, the AD category was costing less than the AE. Is this correct or am I wrong?

Also at the time of our making reservations, and paying, we specifically requested E728 or E731. (On the deck plans they showed to be AE category on the Emerald Deck). TA told us we couldn't request a specific room. However others in our group knew their room assignments from day one.

This is our first cruise, we booked online, and our TA has not responding to our question. Tickets arrived earlier this week. Can anyone out there clarify this for me? THANKS!

Jean you should join our roll call on the Sapphire 03/11/06 on the Princess Roll Call board. :)

I doubt very much that E28/E31 are still available. They are two of the most desireable mini suites and are usually booked very quickly. I've tried a few times to book those cabins and have never had any luck. Have a wonderful time. You will love the Sapphire; she is a beautiful ship.

We (my husband, mother and I) are coming from Northern California are meeting up with other family members from Texas and Iowa on this cruise. I think there's ten of us now. Ages 12 to "a very young 70-something".

I just hope this ship is going to be big enough for all the fun and good times we expect to have on this cruise. Looking forward to meeting you folks too.

Jean, booking a guarantee means you take your chances with your actual room assignment. I'm confident you'll know where you're sleeping before sailaway. :D

Do you know how to get to the cruise personalizer, where you can input your preferences and emergency info before sailing? If they assign your cabin in the next few days, it should show up in your information there.

Don't worry, you'll have a balcony. And if you don't, Jerry can use mine. Aw, heck- you can, too. :p

Archived