Haven Sundeck or Vibe?

nhtravels

3 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

The Haven sundeck yes but not the area around the pool and hot tubs. 

Let me get this straight.  The Haven pool and hot tubs are overrun with children, so you pay extra to escape to an age-restricted sundeck when you already have free access to an age-restricted sundeck.  Clearly those 16-18 year olds must be troublesome.  There are other reasons to go to the Vibe, but the child thing was "the most important reason for us to get VIBE passes."  You can spend your money any way you want but it doesn't make a great deal of sense.

2 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

Let me get this straight.  The Haven pool and hot tubs are overrun with children, so you pay extra to escape to an age-restricted sundeck when you already have free access to an age-restricted sundeck.  Clearly those 16-18 year olds must be troublesome.  There are other reasons to go to the Vibe, but the child thing was "the most important reason for us to get VIBE passes."  You can spend your money any way you want but it doesn't make a great deal of sense.

I truly am trying to support and assist here but I am getting frustrated that I keep on saying the same thing and it keeps on being twisted.  I am being honest, so please know, my intent is to help, not to confuse.  

I have been on the Haven many times.  I love it.  On my thanksgiving cruise November 2019, on the NCL Getaway, their were young children that were in the Haven Courtyard every time we went there.  There parents were no where insight.  They were not just being children, they were being rude children.  I remember asking my wife, what if I say something to one of those kids like, time for the adults to get in the Haven Courtyard hot tub.  My wife said, "Don't do it, that is when you will see their parents and they will mess up our cruise."  I said, OK lets go to the Haven Sundeck instead.  My wife was right.

OK, so it was a holiday cruise, lots of Haven two bedroom Villa's which meant kids travel for free.  I get it.  In a situation like that, I would consider getting a Vibe pass for sure.  My fix for this was not to book Thanksgiving or Christmas.  The other part of my fix was to book the Bliss, Encore or Joy where I would stay in the Haven Sundeck anyway and it had two huge hot tubs one either side of the front of the boat.  The NCL Getaway did not have hot tubes on the Haven Sundeck. This eliminated the need for considering the Vibe Beach Club on those voyages. It is always an option.  

Now look everyone.  The Vibe Beach Club is awesome.  Really, nice area.  Watch all the YouTube video's on it.  They have a bar, it is mid-ship, it also has hot tubs.  Litterally next door to the Haven Sundeck. All I am saying is in my personal opinion, it is not needed for my wife and I, unless we notice an issue in the Haven which only happened once.  Let please put this to rest and everyone do what is right for them.  Please.  

Whether the Vibe is comped, or it is put on our Haven card, or we have to pay for it.  It will be up to the individual when they are on their sailing.  The most important thing I was attempting to explain was the Haven in most cases, it the Vibe Beach club without a bar on that top level.  It is down one level.  I never said that Vibe Beach Club bar was bad or did not have premium spirits.  I just said the Haven Bar had all the best brands and the best bar tenders for mixing drinks. 

My hope is I did a much better job of explaining this time.  Now everyone make the decision that is best for you and your guests.  All that matters is we all have a great trip.  

Cruise well everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

As I said, if the Haven sundeck and VIBE was equal I should agree but they are not.

You may see VIBE as a age-restricted sundeck but I don't. If the Haven hot tubs are filled with children you can go to VIBE instead, if you have access.

The extra money spend is defenitely worth it if there are lots of unsupervised children in the Haven.